New Home PC

ronnie_fife

Looking for a new home PC, it's not going to be used for gaming or anything in particular. The only game I play would be FM2010, unfortunately my current PC struggles to cope with FM2008 after a decade of playing - it can sometimes take 5 - 10 minutes to process fixtures after playing a Uefa Cup match due to the amount of fixtures. Is Dell still the place to go or can anyone reccommend any where else online?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Im also looking for a desktop base unit type run of the mill bog standard plug in and get onto kickback job . Something not too pricey , credit crunch and all that

Looking for a new home PC, it's not going to be used for gaming or anything in particular. The only game I play would be FM2010, unfortunately my current PC struggles to cope with FM2008 after a decade of playing - it can sometimes take 5 - 10 minutes to process fixtures after playing a Uefa Cup match due to the amount of fixtures. Is Dell still the place to go or can anyone reccommend any where else online?

All depends how much your willing to spend. What's the budget?

Try mesh.

Some of their machines are cheap as chips and will easily run JKB or FM2010.

You can also get the base unit on its own and use your old monitor/mouse/keyboard, adds to a bit of a saving.

All depends how much your willing to spend. What's the budget?

Probably between ?350 - ?450.

I can't use my existing monitor etc because my current PC is being shifted to another room.

Ronnie, I got a Dell Inspiron laptop from Tesco at Duloch Park for ?270. Plays FM nae problem. Intel Dual Core, 2 GB Ram, 320 GB HDD. Top wee machine. :)

Having had a good look around the net I can't see past this deal http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1894349804.1258106743@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcadeiklffdelcflgceggdhhmdfho.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=685103&category_oid=

Never bought an Acer machine in the past, what's everyone's thoughts?

Archived