Biffy Clyro - Only Revolutions

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

I'm not going to go into too much detail. Some good tunes but I think "tame" is maybe the best word to describe this.

Sterling Archer
i enjoyed it. Some great tunes on it.

Oh don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it too!

Just some of the songs seemed a bit....pop rock.

Oh don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it too!

Just some of the songs seemed a bit....pop rock.

Its gay. They sound well over produced now and the amount of strings made me want to vomit.

Its gay. They sound well over produced now and the amount of strings made me want to vomit.

Totally agree, I was a big fan of Biffys until they released Puzzle which was too rock/pop for my liking.

The last three singles by Biffy have been, Mountains, the Golden Rule and the Captain. All gay songs compared to the emo/grunge/prog-metal/indie band which they started off as.

Not got it yet but it sounds, from what I've heard, to be another in the biffy cycle of:

GREAT (Blackened Sky)

**** (Vertigo of Bliss)

GREAT (Infinity Land)

**** (Puzzle)

That means it should be great..

I'm looking forward to hearing it in full. I think the singles are brilliant and have shown how the band have matured and evolved since the beginning.

Angus

Not got it yet but it sounds, from what I've heard, to be another in the biffy cycle of:

GREAT (Blackened Sky)

**** (Vertigo of Bliss)

GREAT (Infinity Land)

**** (Puzzle)

That means it should be great..

I'm looking forward to hearing it in full. I think the singles are brilliant and have shown how the band have matured and evolved since the beginning.

Angus

Don't think you'll like it if you don;t like Puzzle, but if you like the singles then you should certainly give it a bash....

I love it - strings are the way to go. Think it might be their best yet.

It's extremely dire, gave up half way through.

I think they're trying to appeal to American middle of the road rock fans or people that still like Foo Fighters (newer stuff).

InNothingWeTrust

Just watching them on MTV2 Live Sessions. Bubbles is a heck of a lot better live than on the record. It just seems a lot more raw than it is on the album, probably the main reason why they were so good pre-Puzzle. Even The Captain and That Golden Rule sound better without the strings and brass sections, just the guitar, bass and drums.

Archived