The Men Who Stare at Goats

GreigB1989

Not seen it, but Jonathan Ross wasn't too kind to it...basically said it was ok. Having said that, i've seen some pretty decent reviews for it too. Will no doubt end up going to see it at some point.

On a side note, went to see the Fourth Kind yesterday...not a very good film at all!

I saw it at the weekend.

It's actually got quite a few funny parts to it (depending on your sense of humour, I suppose).

It felt very much like a Coen Brothers movie...

The only detracting thing I would say is that they use the "Jedi" joke WAY too much...!

InNothingWeTrust

Dire film. I don't watch films much, but I actually didn't understand this film much. The main character keeps making things up that confuses the other central character, but confused me even more when I couldn't work out if he was telling the truth or not. I think I laughed once or twice at most.

Dire film. I don't watch films much, but I actually didn't understand this film much. The main character keeps making things up that confuses the other central character, but confused me even more when I couldn't work out if he was telling the truth or not. I think I laughed once or twice at most.

I remember when the book came out a few years ago it was well received.

Was looking forward to this movie, but most of the reviews I've read have been scathing. And after your review, piidge, I'll defo be giving it a miss.

extremely dissapointing , traliers made it look fantastic but overall it was extremely boring 1 of my mates even fell asleep no joke :P still a few funny moments but.

probably worth seeing but wait for the dvd or a download :10900:

Carl Spackler

Jon Ronson's book is brilliant but it's not presented as a piece of fiction. It is the madness of the myths and here say that he is investigates throughout the book and the confirmation of some mad facts he uncovers that makes it very amusing.

It's a pity it sounds like it hasn't translated well to out and out fiction. I thought it looked OK but as stated above Jonafon Woss wasn't impwessed.

I thought it was very good. Not amazing but very good. Jeff Bridges is amazing.

I agree that they use the Jedi joke far too much though.

A Boy Named Crow

I went to see it knowing nothing about it except the title, and thought it was great! Can't please everybody I suppose..

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Saw it last night at the Cameo and I have to say I was dissapointed.

They've taken parts of the book and strung them together to try and make a movie and it hasn't worked. What little plot there is, is a bit too disjointed to make much sense. The constant flashback thing doesnt really work.

The cast looks great but none of them really do that good of a job. I was excited as I really rated the cast containing two of my favourite actors, Jeff and George.

Wait till it's out on DVD

In the meantime go and see Harry Brown

Archived