BAA - Firefigher

Sten Guns

I see BAA at Edinburgh Airport are recruiting Trainee Firefighters.

Do we have any amoungst our kickbackers?

I was thinking of applying. How different is it from serving L&B. Is it a busy job?

Cheers

Sssshhh! I am applying aswell. The less competition the better!

Lol

Mate, its being advertised on the radio, ALL THE TIME!

And lets be honest, with L&B not recruiting this year, or next year (so im led to believe), the competition will be ridiculous anyway. I know someone who got in last year, and still hasnt started.

There is going to be no shortage of applications!

Lol

And lets be honest, with L&B not recruiting this year, or next year (so im led to believe), the competition will be ridiculous anyway. I know someone who got in last year, and still hasnt started.

I worked for a company at the airport this year started training in March and you get 5 day passes untill they do checks on you to make sure u can be allowed an airside pass. I left in July and still never heard any news on my full time pass, total shambles for my liking. It might be different for this job but wouldnt hold any hope imo.

Lol

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

Miller Jambo 60

I was thinking of applying. How different is it from serving L&B. Is it a busy job?

Cheers

A busy job, How many plane crashes do we get.

If your good at washing fire engines your in:2thumbsup:

A busy job, How many plane crashes do we get.

If your good at washing fire engines your in:2thumbsup:

Aye, but there is surely more to being a fire fighter than solely fighting fires. 100's of various accidents are surely happening at the airport!

Miller Jambo 60
Aye, but there is surely more to being a fire fighter than solely fighting fires. 100's of various accidents are surely happening at the airport!

Aye and bampots trying to drive their land rovers with xplosives in to the terminal.

Dont suppose you get many cats up trees on the runways? :2thumbsup:

Cheers

I would advise giving them a call at the airport, and see if you can go out, try a bit of training (hose running, ladders etc) and just generally ask them some questions. It'll look good at the interview that you've made the effort, and if they can give you a hose to run out, will be good for the fitness tests. Failing that, try your local fire station - hopefully they'll help out.

I believe you are right that L&B won't be recruiting 2009 or 2010.

marshallschunkychicken

My brother is one, but he's not a kickbacker.

It seems a pretty good setup, well paid (better than L&B, as I understand it), and doesn't have the requirement of fighting fires on a particularly regular basis.

I wouldn't want to be him going into a burning A320 if one does drop out of the sky though.

IIRC he got accepted about a year before he actually started, so it's not an instant start. I could be talking baws there though.

Archived