Connecting an iPod to a Hi-Fi

Swanny17

Anyone any advice on connecting an iPod to a Hi-Fi using the USB cable?

I can connect it up, but the iPod then just shows as "Do not disconnect" and I am unable to select which tracks to play.

If I change my Hi-Fi output to USB and hit play, it just seems to play random tracks from the iPod.

Can anyone help?

:2thumbsup:

Anyone any advice on connecting an iPod to a Hi-Fi using the USB cable?

I can connect it up, but the iPod then just shows as "Do not disconnect" and I am unable to select which tracks to play.

If I change my Hi-Fi output to USB and hit play, it just seems to play random tracks from the iPod.

Can anyone help?

:2thumbsup:

can you maybe then go into the menu and take it off random? prob not much you can do if not

can you maybe then go into the menu and take it off random? prob not much you can do if not

It is set to shuffle albums, and does so....until I connect it to the Hi-Fi.

:43:

Does it have to be USB?

nah, but it's just that it charges my iPod if I use the USB

:smiley2:

I connect mine (although not an iPod) through the 3.5m jack using interconnects to the amp. It sounds okay, but MP3 players are set up to be listened to through headphones so the sound through the hi-fi can be a bit bassy, you need to adjust the tone, both on the player and on the amp.

It is set to shuffle albums, and does so....until I connect it to the Hi-Fi.

:43:

only other option is to change your connection. you can connect via your headphone jack if you're hi-fi will support it. something on this page might help you http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/cables_docks?mco=MTM4MjM2NzQ

Archived