Swimming pools

Denny Crane

OK, they are an outlet for exercise but there a number of things that spoil our use of them. Here's a few of mine which occur at my local pool.

The extra slow swimmer who thinks they are quick enough to go in the medium and fast lanes.

Little brats who criss-cross between lanes.

Fat women (yet to see a bloke do this thus far) who continually stop right in front of you forcing you to do the same.

Idiots who have yet to grasp what anti-clockwise means (if you don't, take a look at the direction the other swimmers are going in and don't do the opposite to them).

The fat bloke last week who waded out into the middle of the pool and proceeded to munch on a sandwich!

The two-tonne tessie who kicks high when doing the backstroke who nearly knocked out the girl behind her (this happened today).

The wee neds who think the freestyle consists of shaking your head violently and slapping the water (it doesn't make you go faster chaps and in the fast lane, you slow the proper swimmers down).

The whale who occupies the entire lane with one stroke (if you swimming the opposite way, you're ****ed).

And last but not least, the pillock yesterday who threw up. When asked by an attendant what time he last ate a meal before coming for a swim, this numpty replied, 10 minutes ago at the venue's canteen!!

Let's not forget the gormless staff who are more concerned with how many bubbles they can make whilst chewing gum than pool safety (despite most of the above being pointed out to them - at least they felt compelled to attend to vomit boy)!

jambos are go!

What annoys me are the racers who bomb up andd down the lanes expecting folk to get out of their way. Also the body beautiful poseurs who get in and out of the pool and strut their stuff before diving back in. Just as annoying as unruly kids. Bad behavior comes from all shapes and sizes not just the stout in my experience.

What annoys me are the racers who bomb up andd down the lanes expecting folk to get out of their way. Also the body beautiful poseurs who get in and out of the pool and strut their stuff before diving back in. Just as annoying as unruly kids. Bad behavior comes from all shapes and sizes not just the stout in my experience.

We're sorry :2thumbsup:

this_is_my_story
OK, they are an outlet for exercise but there a number of things that spoil our use of them. Here's a few of mine which occur at my local pool.

The extra slow swimmer who thinks they are quick enough to go in the medium and fast lanes.

Little brats who criss-cross between lanes.

Fat women (yet to see a bloke do this thus far) who continually stop right in front of you forcing you to do the same.

Idiots who have yet to grasp what anti-clockwise means (if you don't, take a look at the direction the other swimmers are going in and don't do the opposite to them).

The fat bloke last week who waded out into the middle of the pool and proceeded to munch on a sandwich!

The two-tonne tessie who kicks high when doing the backstroke who nearly knocked out the girl behind her (this happened today).

The wee neds who think the freestyle consists of shaking your head violently and slapping the water (it doesn't make you go faster chaps and in the fast lane, you slow the proper swimmers down).

The whale who occupies the entire lane with one stroke (if you swimming the opposite way, you're ****ed).

And last but not least, the pillock yesterday who threw up. When asked by an attendant what time he last ate a meal before coming for a swim, this numpty replied, 10 minutes ago at the venue's canteen!!

Let's not forget the gormless staff who are more concerned with how many bubbles they can make whilst chewing gum than pool safety (despite most of the above being pointed out to them - at least they felt compelled to attend to vomit boy)!

People most likely pish in them too. I'd avoid them, for what it's worth.

how much do you reckon it would cost to get your own pool in your backgarden? has to be a better option.

People most likely pish in them too. I'd avoid them, for what it's worth.

There is a chemical which makes it obvious that someone has done this (turning the water dark blue). Thankfully I've not had to evacuate the pool because of this but a mate wasn't so lucky!!

Sorry about this Matt, but living in Glasgow you will also have to swim with the soap dodgers.:hat2:

Yeah that scrubbing brush does make one wince! :10900: That's another thing though. When I was a kid, we'd have to wade through a mini-pool of disinfectant lest the spread of verrucas and other interesting fungal diseases afflict other swimmers. Don't have them now. Anyone know why this is?

this_is_my_story
There is a chemical which makes it obvious that someone has done this (turning the water dark blue). Thankfully I've not had to evacuate the pool because of this but a mate wasn't so lucky!!

Determined pool-pishers have countered this with a sophisticated drink to be taken one hour before entering the pool, rendering their pish undetectable by the chemical to which you refer. Honestly, they're a stubborn lot.

Determined pool-pishers have countered this with a sophisticated drink to be taken one hour before entering the pool, rendering their pish undetectable by the chemical to which you refer. Honestly, they're a stubborn lot.

Damn that Vimto! :10900:

Archived