Robertson's Bar yesterday

Victorian

anyone else in robbos yesterday?

it was like laurel & hardy, the marx brothers and a chimps tea party all rolled into one. i've never seen a more disorganised rabble in all ma puff.

they weren't serving anyone directly after the match that didn't have the exact money because they had managed to avoid having a float of change.

getting served was hopeless because the 5/6 zombies behind the bar didn't have a bleedin' clue what day it was. before the match i got served but then had to wait another ten minutes for the boy to return with the change because he couldn't get near the till. it was comical stuff.

might have to find a new gang hut.

it was like laurel & hardy, the marx brothers and a chimps tea party all rolled into one. i've never seen a more disorganised rabble in all ma puff.

they weren't serving anyone directly after the match that didn't have the exact money because they had managed to avoid having a float of change.

getting served was hopeless because the 5/6 zombies behind the bar didn't have a bleedin' clue what day it was. before the match i got served but then had to wait another ten minutes for the boy to return with the change because he couldn't get near the till. it was comical stuff.

Wasn't in after the match but before there was 5 of us in a row in the middle of the bar that the 'bar staff' and i use that term lightly managed to completely ignore for over 10 mins.

Would just like to add it was 5 random punters we weren't there together

chester copperpot

I find going into Robbo's straight after the game is a disaster. I prefer to head along once a few hours have passed post match finishing.

You still get all the class of Robbo's, but dont have to wait anywhere near as long to get served.

TA DA.

Carl Weathers

I was in before the game for only the second time. Have to say the songs aren't really my cup of tea but everyone seemed to be having a good time.

I only stayed for one and retreated to Stratties.

Miller Jambo 60

Want a hand to build it.

I think these days, with lack of jobs, people are taking on bar work that have no experience.

Could be wrong.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Want a hand to build it.

I think these days, with lack of jobs, people are taking on bar work that have no experience.

Could be wrong.

I had no problem buying the OP copious amounts of alcohol Doug, the problem seemed to arise when he went to the bar to return the favour & believe me when I tell you he did queue for quite a long period of time before he gave up and I got nothing.

Speeks volumes about the OP if you ask me.

I retired to another boozer at that point and carried on my enjoyable day out..

Want a hand to build it.

Could be wrong.

we can do it doug. we'll create a new gang hut you and me.

only one stipulation though, i must insist that lionheart is barred for life (not long tbh). he's a menace to moderate drinking and a danger to others.

I find going into Robbo's straight after the game is a disaster. I prefer to head along once a few hours have passed post match finishing.

You still get all the class of Robbo's, but dont have to wait anywhere near as long to get served.

TA DA.

It's a joke trying to get served, I was in before the game yesterday and waited an age to get served, after the game went along to Luckies rather than go back in to Robbos

Guest juvehearts

gotta agree there, it was a bit of a joke the service behind the bar, very disorganised

still a nice pint of coke & a half bottle of vodka always works :)

gotta agree there, it was a bit of a joke the service behind the bar, very disorganised

still a nice pint of coke & a half bottle of vodka always works :)

It's always the same, you'd think they would learn.

Cracking atmosphere though:smiley2:

Carl Weathers
It's always the same, you'd think they would learn.

Cracking atmosphere though:smiley2:

If the songs were more about football than religion I'd be agreeing with you.

To me it felt like being in Govan.

:curtain:

Pity as the atmosphere would be great otherwise.

Radioactive Mince

victorian and lionheart up a tree...K-I-S-S-I-N-G. :stuart:

Was in yesterday before the game. Getting served was totally murder, as it usually is. It made me laugh to see the owner/bar manager telling his glass collector to "stop putting the empties at the end of the bar as it takes longer to get them into the dishwasher and start taking them to the middle". Yes, great idea mate. Queue the collector lassie standing at a packed bar trying to get around thirty bodies at least to move to the side so she could get in. He came across as a total novice and a jobsworth to boot, to be honest.

Was in after the game too but went to Tynie Arms straight after the game as you can actually order your drinks if you're quick getting from N and stand in a relatively large space to drink them. I hate not having, say, at least a foot of personal space around me at all times.

Was commenting with my buddies that there seems to be a lot more poontang in there thesedays, not that I'm interested you understand.

Mince

There were a few choice songs but hey it's not gonna spoil my day out:smiley2:

chester copperpot

Ach its just how some like to enjoy it mate. My best mate likes all the traditional tunes TBH. It used to annoy the hell out of me, but I've learned to let live and let everyone do what they want to do. Some do it through belief, some do it to wind people up, I say each to their own.

The atmosphere in Robbo's is superb, but I dont sing that stuff, as it goes against how I was brought up.

Carl Weathers
Ach its just how some like to enjoy it mate. My best mate likes all the traditional tunes TBH. It used to annoy the hell out of me, but I've learned to let live and let everyone do what they want to do. Some do it through belief, some do it to wind people up, I say each to their own.

The atmosphere in Robbo's is superb, but I dont sing that stuff, as it goes against how I was brought up.

Totally. I'm not easily offended or anything like that, it's just not for me.

At least it is contained to one pub and everyone in there knows the score.

Agree with you there i just tend to leave them to it and join in on the songs i'm happy to sing along to

steak pie supper

Was in Robbos Yesterday and couldn't get served at about 11.50,So off to the shop across the road to buy half a dozen bottles of Stella for 6 quid.Hey presto quick service:10900:

Archived