Crash at saughton/longstone roundabout

AlanB

just passed there and there's a car went straight through the roundabout. It's lying on its side down in the underpass area. Lots of police about but no ambulances, hopefully no casualties.

I went passed there in a taxi at about midnight and saw that.

Think there was a fire engine there too when I went past.

It looked like it had just happened not long before then.

Looked pretty bad - hopefully no one was seriously injured.

The driver was drunk and wandering about trying to get back in the car - even though it was on its side!

Idiot (the driver, not you).

As above, Drunk driver was able to stroll right back into the police car. Ambulance was at the scene but left empty unfortunately.

Car was completely bashed so must have rolled right down the hill on it's side as opposed to on it's wheels.

jambos are go!

Some years ago a large Council waste/Bucket Lorry went through the railing and ended up on its side at the bottom. They need to strengthen the barrier IMO to stop this in case a driver or pedestrian gets killed.

Some years ago a large Council waste/Bucket Lorry went through the railing and ended up on its side at the bottom. They need to strengthen the barrier IMO to stop this in case a driver or pedestrian gets killed.

Further along in Sighthill many years ago it happened with a vehicle carrying livestock. Sheep and cows running about the streets all night!

Further along in Sighthill many years ago it happened with a vehicle carrying livestock. Sheep and cows running about the streets all night!

Makes a change from the usual dogs, I suppose.

Archived