Mouth ulcers!

jambogaza

WHY?!

I currently have TWO of the *******s and I am having to skip around certain food incase I end up on the floor screaming in agony. Not to mention brushing my teeth, and catching one of them. :hang:

Anyone know how to tame the pain just a wee bit? I have bongela which helps for all of 5 minutes.

I woke up this morning feeling like I had stored a few skittles under my lip; could barely talk. How many reasons are there for getting them? Makes you feel like a failure: Stressed, bad diet, anxious, lack of sleep, poor immune system etc. :(

1/2 teaspon of bi-carbonate soda in a glass of water. Use as a mouthwash and they should be gone within a day or so. Also really takes the nip out of them.

I used to get them as a kid, but haven't had any since I grew out of eating sweeties.

jambolass1000

I had one last week and I got Anbesol Liquid antiseptic, good stuff, just dabbed a cotton bud in the solution and rubbed over the little git!!

They are so small yet agony!

Tiberius Stinkfinger
TCP. apply with cotton bud, bloody sore but it will help

Laphroaig has better side effects :2thumbsup:

Miller Jambo 60
bonjela adult and salt here

Had one a few weeks ago, agony, got bonjela was away in 2 hours.

What a relief.

use corsodyl. the new stuff, iglu is pretty good and doesn't sting. lasts a lot longer than putting bonjella or anbesol on. worth looking at if you've got real killer ulcers are the new bonjella (once?) which is meant to kill the pain until it goes away. it works for a few days at least but its really expensive. theres a cheaper one which i've forgotten the name of. worth it if you've got something important on that requires you to speak to people and feel like a human.

try to avoid fizzy juice, boiled sweets, brown sauce, vinegar, crisps ect

I've had a spate of them this year, some really painful ones, some massive ones too, or two or even three together.

I asked my dentist why and he told me it was stress, which makes a lot of sense.

I haven't found a good cure, but I did notice that when I was on holiday (I had a month of during the summer) no mouth ulcers! I was back at work when they came back with a vengence!

Next time I'll try the corsodyl mouthwash...

I've had a spate of them this year, some really painful ones, some massive ones too, or two or even three together.

I asked my dentist why and he told me it was stress, which makes a lot of sense.

I haven't found a good cure, but I did notice that when I was on holiday (I had a month of during the summer) no mouth ulcers! I was back at work when they came back with a vengence!

Next time I'll try the corsodyl mouthwash...

I'm blaming the JT's for the stress :stuart:

eating pineapples is good to keep them away, they won't cure them, but they'll cut down the number you get.

Archived