Did Haye Deserve the Win??

stuart-christie

stuart-christie

I dont know if Haye Deserved his win, he fought to his plan and it seemed to pay of time to time but i still think Valuev had more hits.

Valuev hardly landed at all. He throw alot, missed alot and occasionally landed on Hayes guard. He landed a couple of jabs and one decent clubbing hook.

Haye hardly threw, but when he did he landed clean crisp point scoring punches. Thoroughly deserved to win, though I still wasn't expecting him to get the decision away in Germany.

You can only score this fight for Valuev if he was showing effective aggression, But he done nothing effective and never really got near Haye all night.

I have the same view on the Dirrell/Froch fight. Froch shouldn't have got the decision in my eyes.

watched it last night peshed and didnt think Haye deserved to win but watched it again this morn and some of the punches Haye lands are class, the big wobbles at the end, nobody has done that before to him. Haye hardly gets caught, hes is a class act even stepping into the ring with that monster takes balls, would love to see him fight V Klitschko

Good to see a brit going abroad and taking a title, im proud well done mate!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Of course he deserved to win it.

How could you possibly give it to Valuev when he landed about 3 punches in the whole fight.

Dean Winchester
watched it last night peshed and didnt think Haye deserved to win but watched it again this morn and some of the punches Haye lands are class, the big wobbles at the end, nobody has done that before to him. Haye hardly gets caught, hes is a class act even stepping into the ring with that monster takes balls, would love to see him fight V Klitschko

Good to see a brit going abroad and taking a title, im proud well done mate!

Wladimir or Vitali will DEFINITELY be next.

Thats Valuev's boxing career over now shurely, he would make a great bond villan though

He's already "acted" in a few Russian films. Like a giant sized Vinnie Jones.

Watched it while peshed last night and I didn't feel Haye done nearly enough to take the title away from Valuev. I felt his flurries were so infrequent he never really had the big chap in trouble (apart from the last round). I will watch it again though because there were about a dozen of us shouting at the TV so the finer points may have been missed.

Snake Plissken

Haye did exactly what needed to be done and it's refreshing to see a boxer not afraid to take on the big fights.

W Klitschko next would be good though maybe he'll want another couple of heavyweight fights under his belt.

Ruiz would be a reasonable level of opponent for him though I'd expect Haye to win that one convincingly.

Carl Weathers

I think I was being swayed by Jim Watt who had Haye down for almost all of the fight.

On reflection, Haye stuck to the game plan and probably deserved it. Shame he didn't start the big hooks in the 11th rather than the 12th. Would have been awesome to see the beast get KO'd.

Don't think Haye did himself any favours in what was probably the most boring fight in years.

On the contrary, I think Haye did himself a huge favour. He should he was a quality boxer, not just a fighter.

What Haye did last night was the only way to beat Valuev. If he'd gone in swinging trying to knock Valuev out he would have either tired himself out, or left himself open to a big punch and been knocked out.

Top drawer performance IMO.

Carl Weathers
On the contrary, I think Haye did himself a huge favour. He should he was a quality boxer, not just a fighter.

What Haye did last night was the only way to beat Valuev. If he'd gone in swinging trying to knock Valuev out he would have either tired himself out, or left himself open to a big punch and been knocked out.

I do agree with this, although part of me wished Haye went in with a few bigger shots - just to see if he could have felled the beast. He has since said he had an injured (broken) right hand which maybe explains why this never happened.

Delighted he won - here's to more big fights!

:2thumbsup:

Spot on

Carl Weathers
Spot on

I was one of the guys that said Froch deserved to beat Dirrell as I didn't like his opponent's running style. Now I'm backing Haye who used a similar approach to Dirrell.

It's just as well I'm not a boxing judge - I'm very biased!

:stuart:

In my defence, every fight is different and requires different tactics.

Haye got it spot on.

Can't even remember the fight after starting drinking at 9am but going to watch it again today.

stuart-christie
Wladimir or Vitali will DEFINITELY be next.

He has a compulsory Defence against Ruiz then its one of the Klitschko's probably Wladimir

Say What Again

Granted, Haye did what what was required to secure the win, but that still made it a boring fight IMO.

How many punches were landed in the entire fight? 30?

Granted, Haye did what what was required to secure the win, but that still made it a boring fight IMO.

How many punches were landed in the entire fight? 30?

It was a boring fight, Haye did what he had to do against a guy who shouldn?t be allowed to fight in the division, it was a bit of a freakshow in the end.

Still wouldnt go into the ring with him, imagine getting caught by one of his clubs, see him swinging and missing in the 12th round, that punch would take out a bus

Archived