Britain's Got a New World Champ

Chris Benoit

chester copperpot
Congratulations David Haye :2thumbsup:

Pish fight, but Haye did exactly what he needed to do to win the fight.

Should've put him on the deck in that last round though. Was PMSL at Valuev's legs when he was hit.

Pish fight, but Haye did exactly what he needed to do to win the fight.

Should've put him on the deck in that last round though. Was PMSL at Valuev's legs when he was hit.

Still don't know how he's only ever lost 1 fight before tonight, his grasp of basic boxing is limited and just goes to show the lack of talent in the Heavyweight Division.

Peach in the last his legs were going like Shakin' Stevens (ask yer Dads kids)

chester copperpot
Still don't know how he's only ever lost 1 fight before tonight, his grasp of basic boxing is limited and just goes to show the lack of talent in the Heavyweight Division.

Peach in the last his legs were going like Shakin' Stevens (ask yer Dads kids)

Yeah, thought he'd be a lot better than he was. Think he must've had a few 'bankers' in points decisions in Germany.

Haye wont beat either of the Klitscho's IMO, they're just better boxers and huge with it.

Never mind, lets enjoy Britain getting another person as Heavyweight champ, even if its the 3rd best belt.

eighteen seventyfour

Borin fight. Haye done what he needed to tho, hurtin his hand early on turned to work in his favour, better boxer won, the sport wins.

Who next for the champ?

Yeah, thought he'd be a lot better than he was. Think he must've had a few 'bankers' in points decisions in Germany.

Haye wont beat either of the Klitscho's IMO, they're just better boxers and huge with it.

Never mind, lets enjoy Britain getting another person as Heavyweight champ, even if its the 3rd best belt.

2/3 years ago i might have agreed but their past their best and have never really been tested for god knows how long, as long as Haye doesn't get too cocky and keeps working hard i'd fancy his chances of taking out both

Gavsy Van Gaverson
2/3 years ago i might have agreed but their past their best and have never really been tested for god knows how long, as long as Haye doesn't get too cocky and keeps working hard i'd fancy his chances of taking out both

Although Vlad has a dodgy chin he is only 33, hardly old in heavyweight terms.

Vitali might also be 38 but he is still the best on the planet by a mile.

Haye might be good but I'm not convinced that he could take their punches. He's had 2 heavyweight fights and not even been touched yet. Tonights freak show means nothing.

Although Vlad has a dodgy chin he is only 33, hardly old in heavyweight terms.

Vitali might also be 38 but he is still the best on the planet by a mile.

Haye might be good but I'm not convinced that he could take their punches. He's had 2 heavyweight fights and not even been touched yet. Tonights freak show means nothing.

He has been touched he was rocked a few times by a journey man pro in his first heavyweight fight.Although I don't think he would be anywhere near as rash against Vlad or Vitali.I agree though if he has to fight one it should be Vlad he fights.

I don't give Haye any chance against Vitali unless he grows old overnight. Vs Jab you to death Wlad, he has an outside chance.

Was an absolutely minging fight tonight, but he got his tactics spot on. Maybe he could have landed a few more per round, but he did say he hurt his hand early and to be fair bar one punch Valuev never landed all night long So it was a deserved decision:2thumbsup:

Valuev doing the chicken dance was class, Was praying to see what he would have looked like being sparked clean out and putting a hole in the canvass, but was not to be. Actually felt sorry for him in the end, after all this "Circus freak" talk and seeing him beat. But this is great for the Heavyweight division. Fully expect Haye to fight Ruiz next, followed by a Valuev rematch and then before he looks to take on Wlad Klit.

rudi must stay
I thought he would die in that ring.

So WELL DONE.

anyone got a copy of the last round.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GusOfAHUTBw

not British commentary so I don't have a clue what they're saying, still the final round though..

don't really watch boxing but well done to David Haye, it's always good to see a brit doing well in sport.

Archived