mid 80s Indie gigs

wibble

I was a big fan of the mid 80's Indie/Indie-pop scene and went to loads of gigs in Edinburgh.

Shop Assistants, Wedding Present, Bodines, Woodentops, Creepers etc.

There was a guy who organised a heap of them who I am sure I used to see at the Hearts games.

He lived near me in Newington too.

Is this fellow a Kickbacker - because if so - hats off to you mate. Some of those gigs were awesome.

I have about 150 singles from that era. All mint and some of them are super rare.

I have the "Buba and the Shop Assistants" 7" that people get into a froth about. I have seen it sold for 150 quid.

Buba++The+Shop+Assistants+front.jpg

Some great bands in that time that were just having fun and there was no aggro around the scene. It was just about the music and the geeky clothes.

I have about 150 singles from that era. All mint and some of them are super rare.

I have the "Buba and the Shop Assistants" 7" that people get into a froth about. I have seen it sold for 150 quid.

Buba++The+Shop+Assistants+front.jpg

Some great bands in that time that were just having fun and there was no aggro around the scene. It was just about the music and the geeky clothes.

?150 quid and you still have it?

Download it and sell the fecker whilst its still valuable.

Treat that poor women of yours.

Does she have any idea how many hours you waste on kickback?

?150 quid and you still have it?

Download it and sell the fecker whilst its still valuable.

Treat that poor women of yours.

Does she have any idea how many hours you waste on kickback?

Family heirloom. The kids will be able to buy a house each off the proceeds when they sell it during the Indie revival of 2050. By then people will have realised that Stephen Pastel was a musical messiah.

Family heirloom. The kids will be able to buy a house each off the proceeds when they sell it during the Indie revival of 2050. By then people will have realised that Stephen Pastel was a musical messiah.

Stephen Pastel?

Just not good enough, i have a feeling he might have to chop both his ears off.

Loved the Shoppies,James King and the Lonewolves being another fave.

Archived