MY BEST CANINE MATE DYING

andi17

Now this may seem trivail to alot of people but my dog just died in front of me and the wife.He would have been 11 on monday and was as fit as a fiddle iam absolutly devastated and have been greetin ma eyes oot dogs really are a mans best friend.

I share your pain - this has happened to me. Console yourself with the fact that the dog passed away in the presence of a family who loved and cherished him. No living being could ask for any better way of going.

eddie fenwick

sorry to hear that but at the end of the day its a dug and not one of your kids(not much consilation i know)yes i do have a dug

Sad news that.They become a member of the family and you will miss him but as one of the previous posters said console yourself that he died with a family who loved and cared for him.

Thats why they are called family pets as they do become part of the family.

So no wonder you're upset mate.

Hopefully tomorrow cheers you up a bit :2thumbsup:

commiserations on the loss of your dog. dogs are braw... wipe the floor with cats any day of the week. 11 does seem on the young side for a dog to pop off but at least you didn't have to face seeing the dog deteriorate and be faced with the horrible decision to put him to sleep.

Jambof3tornado

Had one of ours PTS in June and the month after the wife had to have her horse pts also. They give total devotion and ask for a pat on the head now and then and to be fed and watered. Its not much for what you get back out of them.

Its worse when you have to see your kids crying coz of an animals death.

basher the jambo

Sorry to hear that,

After having to get our 10 year old Boxer put down 2 years ago because cancer got to her. It was heart breaking i still think of her and shed a tear.

Kara004.jpg

Thats a shame mate.

Don't know how my wee girl will take the death of our old terrier Bessie. She loves that scraggy old thing. And sometimes I get the impression that the wife has more time for Bess than me. :-)

Hope you recover soon.

blondejamtart

So sorry to hear that - losing a much loved family pet is devastating. No matter what anyone says, it is like losing a member of your family.

Commiserations.

My first ever dog(and I was an adult at the time. My dad was like Eggo when I was a bairn so no pets) was a black labrador x bitch called Kelly. She died at the age of fifteen from motor neurone's disease. I was shocked when the vet told me that. I thought MND was a disease only us humans got. I loved that dog. She was just fantastic. Broke my heart when she went.

John

Sad when you loose a pet but just think of all the good times you had together....im sure there is some happy memeories that will in time bring a smile to your face.:43:

sorry to hear that but at the end of the day its a dug and not one of your kids(not much consilation i know)yes i do have a dug

Be honest you'd be gutted if you lost Miss Daisy

Jambo the German Shepherd will NEVER die. ;)

too right. he really is a wonder-mutt.

here he is pictured recently pishing himself at suggestions he ever could die...

2996_Scary-Dog.jpg

Andi`s dog was special, almost human. Made me laugh alot with it`s antics.

Will miss him. See ye the morn Andi, chin up mate.

I had to get mine put down yesterday mate, I know how your feeling. Currently trying to find solace in a bottle of woods 100 old navy rum.

Thanks guys the kids are breaking their wee hearts out

FUN BOABY YOURE A ****

If insulting me make you feel better carry on. I'm sorry for your loss, I know what its like, been there & done it

Sorry to hear that,

After having to get our 10 year old Boxer put down 2 years ago because cancer got to her. It was heart breaking i still think of her and shed a tear.

Kara004.jpg

Share your pain BTJ. We had a white boxer for 10 years. Beautiful friendly dog.So much part of the family. Unfortunately she suffered from a type of epileptic fits which became so bad that , early one morning , she had a major episode to which she was never to recover. She didn't know who we were or where she was. Asking the vet to put her down was the hardest thing we have had to do.

Still heart-broken but we might get another....................just don't know if I can handle the death(or want to) again

I personally don't like dugs, but have lost 2 cats. Shan time, makes it worse when ye see the bairns breakin their hearts.

We'll **** the Hibs for Andi's dug tomorrow!

Time is the healer Andi. Keep the pecker up mate.

Guest juvehearts

thats total bawz when that happens.

i lost 2 dugs in my time, blackie who was born on my 1st b'day (he was 17 when he died) and a wee scottie dug benji. who was 14.

cried my wee heart oot when we had to put both of them down.

harsh news andi.

you'll probably no appreciate it just now but just think...its winter now, you'll no have to get oot yer scratcher to walk the bugger in the pishin rain or snaw anymore

Gutted for you. I know it's bad but I was far more upset when my dog snuffed it than when I've had relatives die. You really do grow attached to them. My wee mans only 1 so hopefully get a good few years out of him before he reaches that stage. All the best

Can I also say do not under any circumstances watch marley and me anytime soon. Gash film but a dead cert to end in tears if you have recently had a dog pts. The other halfs dads yellow lab was put down a week before we went to see it (not knowing the storyline) and both her and her wee man were in floods for hours after. Torture.

Now this may seem trivail to alot of people but my dog just died in front of me and the wife.He would have been 11 on monday and was as fit as a fiddle iam absolutly devastated and have been greetin ma eyes oot dogs really are a mans best friend.

You should change yer name to douglas.

Sorry :hang:

I cant imagine life without my dog :43:

You should change yer name to douglas.

Sorry :hang:

I cant imagine life without my dog :43:

1178-1.jpg

eddie fenwick
Be honest you'd be gutted if you lost Miss Daisy

sad yeah but not gutted,far more important things in life than animals(kids for example)

blondejamtart
sad yeah but not gutted,far more important things in life than animals(kids for example)

That's as maybe, and yes, obviously anyone's going to put their kids first, but as someone else has already said, I've got relatives I'd much rather lose before my dog. Animals are loyal way beyond most humans...

Say What Again

Puts everything in to perspective.

Thoughts are with the family and friends at this tragic time.

Horrible time for anyone when a pet dies.

Had to take my dog to get put down when I was 14 and it was so traumatic.

You think they will live forever!

i know what you mean about losing a pet, at times i feel like my cat is there to annoy me nut if i lost i would be lost without it. And if anyone hurt him its better i dont say what i would do. i hope that you remember the good times with your dog and that he/she was still in good health( at least lookinh=g like it) until that awful day

My cat passed away a couple of years ago, she was 18, i would never get another.

Thats Lee in my avater.

Feel your pain..

Frankenstein Jambo.

My dog is 19 and 1 month older than me. I have never known life without her and couldn't TBH. She is a just like a sister and I know time is getting to her. She is still relitivly healthy, however not as mobile as once was.

It will be like losing a sister if was to ever go. Och, thats me thinking about it now!!!!

no easy losing a dog like,i lost my two within 6 weeks of each other and they were only 7 year old.vets didnt know what caused it,best advice i can give is get yourself another dog asap,my wee brother was 7 when they went and he was greetin every night until we got the new pup and hes fine now,sure it will be the same with your bairns :2thumbsup:

Archived