The Crags Bar

willie wallace

willie wallace

My Hibby mate is celebrating the birth of his first kid in the Crags bar after the game on Saturday and i am expected to be there win,lose or draw.I have never been there before and don't know if it has any leanings to either side or if it even shows the games.

Any advice would be appreciated along with some good excuses for not going if we lose.

My Hibby mate is celebrating the birth of his first kid in the Crags bar after the game on Saturday and i am expected to be there win,lose or draw.I have never been there before and don't know if it has any leanings to either side or if it even shows the games.

Any advice would be appreciated along with some good excuses for not going if we lose.

Score is irrelevant. You know what it's like, unless yourself or your friends are poisonous individuals then it will be good natured banter for a while then everyone will just get more pished :2thumbsup:

It's very close to Pollock Halls so more often than not, it tends to be full of pool playing scruffbags in ugg boots and trackies rather than any particular 'brand' of football fan. I wouldn't be too worried about there being a proliferation of hobos unless by some freak chance a bunch of them decide to head up there.

They do show a fair bit of sport in there though, so I suppose there's a chance you might find a few drunkards left over from the day's footy viewing.

It's his first born..wet their head and put the football differences aside. I know it seems much more at times but it really is only a game :lightbulb:

Can't help much re the venue though...Is that not on Dalkeith Road? I'd imagine you'd get a mix of people in there really.

Its just opposite my work, its not a bad boozer, ?1.90 a pint of Carlsberg and ?3.50 for a pint, burger and chips, happy days if your skint.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
It's dump full of students.

No need for excuses.

Spot on.

Been a few times and always mobbed with students.

Don`t think its a football pub in any way? We started our Christmas night out there last year before going into town.(first time in it for me) You get the odd discount on certain bevvie and the pub grubs alright too if your not fussy.

mulleted_jambo

Watched an ER derby in there once and it was a big mix of Hearts & Hibs fans. It was really busy but didn't see any bother.

It is normally full of students. I'm sure there will be some left over drunk folk from the derby though. Bit of a mingin place but as said before it's dirt cheap.

We're going to win anyway so you won'thave a problem in that respect.

Went to see my hibs mates new baby today. He asked if I wanted to wind it, I thought that was a bit harsh, so I gave the wee bugger a dead leg....

:2thumbsup:

chester copperpot
Went to see my hibs mates new baby today. He asked if I wanted to wind it, I thought that was a bit harsh, so I gave the wee bugger a dead leg....

:2thumbsup:

:rofl:

J.T.F.Robertson

You'd think he'd use a hospital, especially since it's his first. :whistling:

It's a student bar. Used to drink in there quite a lot when I played for the Napier American football team in first year.

Crags is awesome! love it!

unless you are stuck up its just a laid back boozer.

Drink is reasonable, as is food, beer and a burger for ?3.50 bargain!

Daydream Believer

The Craggs is fine. It's big and cheap and has a decent, friendly vibe. Sh*t barstaff though in terms of working out who needs served next.

Archived