Boxing advice

david mcgee

I know nothing about David Haye and even less about Valuev.

Valuev is odds against on betfair but i suspect that is because the Brits are backing their own man.

I saw the press conference and the Rusky is a monster, all he has to do is keep jabbing away with one hand and Haye will never get near him. Haye is also having to go up a division.

Is Haye a false favourite? Is Valuev worth a punt?

Carl Weathers

It's a hard one to call. Basically, Valuev is a terrible boxer - only his size makes him difficult to beat.

If I had to pick, I'd go with Haye. But will Haye be able to deal with his height?

I should point out that it is in Germany, which makes a points win for Valuev more likely (the judges tend to go for the German promoted fighters).

Should be an interesting contest.

I know nothing about David Haye and even less about Valuev.

Valuev is odds against on betfair but i suspect that is because the Brits are backing their own man.

I saw the press conference and the Rusky is a monster, all he has to do is keep jabbing away with one hand and Haye will never get near him. Haye is also having to go up a division.

Is Haye a false favourite? Is Valuev worth a punt?

Watch lots of boxing and although he is a giant of a man he's very slow and was outboxed by Holyfield. I think Haye will win on points by hitting and moving for twelve rounds. Haye's handspeed is far superior.

Haye by KO in 6 for me. He's too fast and is bound to start catch the giant. Haye's got a decent punch too.

It's a hard one to call. Basically, Valuev is a terrible boxer - only his size makes him difficult to beat.

If I had to pick, I'd go with Haye. But will Haye be able to deal with his height?

I should point out that it is in Germany, which makes a points win for Valuev more likely (the judges tend to go for the German promoted fighters).

Should be an interesting contest.

i'm going against the grain here, but reckon Haye will get flattered in this fight. Even tho the mad fat russian is a **** boxer, his height, reach and and power will be too much for Haye.

Anyone remember mortal kombat ? he reminds me of goro !

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/mk4/goro/bio.gif

bio.gif

AlphonseCapone

This will go to points, Haye is too fast for the big man to catch him and the big man has never even been hurt, never mind knocked down. Haye SHOULD win it on points but as has been pointed out, it is Germany so you never know.

AlphonseCapone
i'm going against the grain here, but reckon Haye will get flattered in this fight. Even tho the mad fat russian is a **** boxer, his height, reach and and power will be too much for Haye.

bio.gif

Loved that game so much, doing the finisher moves at the end! :10900:

I think Its 50/50 So if your wanting a bet, Stick some on Valuev to win by KO.

Haye is obviously the far better boxer, And If he's clever should be able to box his way to an easy decision. I do think Haye can stop him though, Not a one punch Knockout, but I think Haye will land his big shots and the accumulation might take the toll on Valuev. The biggest problem for Haye early on is going to be deciding wether to chase the KO because if he does and valuev is still standing after 8 rounds then Haye could tire and then it will be Valuev with a chance of Knocking Haye out.

But there are still plenty of question marks that make the fight interesting..Haye doesn't have the best chin so if Valuev lands big can Haye handle it? Valuev, despite his size, can easily last 12 rounds without tiring but Haye is known to tire in the late rounds So Valuev will be looking for a late stoppage. Sauerland/Don King/ Germany have a reputation of dodgy decisions. Other big Question mark is will Haye be able to land, with power, Despite having to over reach at times and how tiring will this prove?

Still struggling to pick an outcome, But will stick my neck out and say the beast from the east can be knocked out so HAYE TO WIN BY KO IN THE 7TH...that said every single outcome is possible thats why its such a strange fight and thats why the value in the betting is with Valuev.

He also needs to work out a way to get close inside and work to the body.

Private Hudson
I think Its 50/50 So if your wanting a bet, Stick some on Valuev to win by KO.

Haye is obviously the far better boxer, And If he's clever should be able to box his way to an easy decision. I do think Haye can stop him though, Not a one punch Knockout, but I think Haye will land his big shots and the accumulation might take the toll on Valuev. The biggest problem for Haye early on is going to be deciding wether to chase the KO because if he does and valuev is still standing after 8 rounds then Haye could tire and then it will be Valuev with a chance of Knocking Haye out.

But there are still plenty of question marks that make the fight interesting..Haye doesn't have the best chin so if Valuev lands big can Haye handle it? Valuev, despite his size, can easily last 12 rounds without tiring but Haye is known to tire in the late rounds So Valuev will be looking for a late stoppage. Sauerland/Don King/ Germany have a reputation of dodgy decisions. Other big Question mark is will Haye be able to land, with power, Despite having to over reach at times and how tiring will this prove?[/B]

Still struggling to pick an outcome, But will stick my neck out and say the beast from the east can be knocked out so HAYE TO WIN BY KO IN THE 7TH...that said every single outcome is possible thats why its such a strange fight and thats why the value in the betting is with Valuev.

This is the biggie for me as well. All Valuev has to do to keep out of range is stand tall when Haye attacks. There'll be plenty of occassions when Haye's elbows lock out on punches that don't connect and after a while that'll start to hurt big time and kill his already suspect stamina. If Valuev stays out of range and just leans on/smothers him when necessary for 8-9 rounds he'll be dead on his feet.

It's gotta be Valuev on points.

The Old Tolbooth

Haye is going to have to knock him out before the 5th round imo, because any longer than that and the big fella will start to dominate, I'm expecting Haye to come out all guns blazing and take the first 4-5 rounds, but the big Russian has never been on his arse yet and I cant see Haye being the first to do it.

Valuev is value for money in my book :2thumbsup:

Took the value bet with Valuev to stop Haye by KO or TKO @ 4/1, may cover it with Haye on points @ 3/1! Can't see Haye stopping Valuev and at the same time can't see Valuev out boxing Haye!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

bio.gif

I can understand why you would go with Valuev due to his sheer size, but Valuev struggled to beat a 46 year old Evander Holyfield, a Holyfield who is not even 50% of the boxer he used to be.

Valuev has also been taken the distance by quite a few pish poor Heavyweights.

If Haye keep moving and fights sensibly I'd go with him winning on points, and winning easily.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
I don't know much either TBH, But I hope Haye gets punched Ta Fek by the big Russian!! :2thumbsup:

Haye is a radge, but I want him to win.

I'd love to see him fight Vitali or Wlad.

Very hard to call because of the difference in size ( and experience ).

Has Haye only fought twice as a heavyweight?

Anyway, Haye will be punching upwards as the Russian will absorb pretty much everything to the arms and body. That'll make him vulnerable to get caught.

The crowd will be behind Valuev big time so I'm not sure he'll get it on points.

Hope Haye does it but I think it might be a difficult bout for him.

Haye is the better boxer and will deffinately have the faster footwork and hand speed , that in my book should get him the result as long as he doesnt try to mix it up to much and get knocked the feck out.

Haye 16st 6Lbs. stone heavier than his career heaviest. Looks the way a heavyweight's meant to look. Tank

Valuev 22st 7Lbs. Hairy Beast

Neither guy wanted to be the first to look away there:2thumbsup:

Haye 16st 6Lbs. stone heavier than his career heaviest. Looks the way a heavyweight's meant to look. Tank

Valuev 22st 7Lbs. Hairy Beast

Neither guy wanted to be the first to look away there:2thumbsup:

the guy working for SKY who changed the announced metric weight into imperial got it wrong:stuart: Haye's weight Is 15St 8Lbs so pretty much as expected

Snake Plissken

I wouldn't trust the judges on this one - Valuev v Holyfield was one of the worst fights I've ever watched and despite not throwing anything Valuev got the decision.

I like Haye as a boxer, I personally don't really care what he's like outside the ring since he tends to back it up and isn't afraid to take on the big fights. He's faster and far more technically proficient than Valuev.

I hope Haye wins but I could see it going the distance and see him getting robbed by the judges. He could easily outbox Valuev but if he chases the KO he could get caught.

This is a hard one to call and could be an exciting fight but I fear it will sink down to Valuev's lumbering level.

I have congetated and disected all the information kickbacks best have offered me, and i thank you.

But one guy is seven stones heavier than the other, and he is horrendously ugly and that is where my money is going.

I have congetated and disected all the information kickbacks best have offered me, and i thank you.

But one guy is seven stones heavier than the other, and he is horrendously ugly and that is where my money is going.

So you're betting on the Gasman?

david d haye is too gd lookin too powerfull and way too fast!!!! haye will win with a tko rounds 6 to 10!!! no question!!!!

yer a daftie

qoute me i will b on bout quater to eleven 2moz! lennox lewis an freddie roach share in my opinoin!!!

So they heard it from you and agreed?

Also, are you posting from your phone? Because that text speak is for numpties.

So they heard it from you and agreed?

Also, are you posting from your phone? Because that text speak is for numpties.

ehh check any interviews with the above mentioned an they state that david d haye will win by knockout! hes too fast an powerfull! hollyfield was robbed on points last year and hes past it haye easy!

p.s. melborne is for numpties(criminals)

It'll be a decent fight for the first 4 or 5 rounds. I think Haye will try and tag him early doors to see if he's hurtable.

If he hasnt hurt him after 4 or 5 but is ahead I can see him playing safe and doing a bit of work each round to catch the eye, making damn sure he doesnt get hit himself

If its judged straight I'd go for Haye on Points.

ehh check any interviews with the above mentioned an they state that david d haye will win by knockout! hes too fast an powerfull! hollyfield was robbed on points last year and hes past it haye easy!

p.s. melborne is for numpties(criminals)

I was just havin a larf with you mate. :2thumbsup:

Haye has the tools to win this one for sure, but people who say valuev is nothing more than a giant are very wrong. He's by no means a fantastic operator, but is still very well versed in boxing. He has a pretty good jab and a decent defence. And whilst being slow, he's not absurdly slow. I'd say he almost verges on being fluid-ish for his size.

In saying that, for a giant of a man, Valuev doesn't really seem to have particularly heavy hands. Despite winning a good number by ko's, a lot of those have been basically by swarming over a tired or hurt opponent until the ref steps in.

Haye on the otherhand is proven to have heavy hands (although not tested significantly at heavyweight, but still has ko's here). His big problems centre around recklessness and his stamina is debatable...as is his chin to a certain degree. But if he is willing to work methodically at Valuev with considered pressure, I think Haye will win by TKO.

But the gameplan rarely ever stays in place. For example, if Haye were to hurt Valuev in the 2nd round say...he'd expend all his energy within a few minutes trying to take his head off. Fine if it works, but he's up poo creek minus a paddle if he doesnt!

As mentioned above, the longer the fight goes on, the more it swings into Valuev's favour. If Haye hasn't KO'd him by round 6, or at the very least had him hurt a few times, I think Valuev will take over and see it out. You also have to remember the fight is in Germany, which now doubles as Valuev's 'home'. If you don't know about it, German boxing is pretty well known for being as bent as Derek Riordan...there have been some travesties of decisions handed out there on points. Haye doesn't want to let it get that far.

chester copperpot

This fight has me intrigued, as I just cant call it. I hear either argument, and end up agreeing every time I hear something new.

Think we're in for a belter tonight, hopefully with Haye winning, but I really dunno about it.

One things for sure, it will be the one thing I watch tonight when it comes on, because I cannae wait for it to start. Plus we dont need to stay up to a god unearthly hour to see the fight.

What are people on here putting money on?

Like Chester, I sway one way. Then hear another side and just can't make my mind up.

I'd put a bit on haye to win by KO (rounds 3-6) but cover myself by having Valuev on points too...just to sit on that fence a bit more! :D

Haye won't be able to avoid every super punch. I reckon he will tire and be caught. 7th or 8th round.

More chance of the fat boy tiring tbh.

chester copperpot
Any links to this tonight

This is the most pertinent question on the thread, as I am not paying for this particular bout.

agreed, ***** paying ?15 for it, plus I just tried to see if I could order it (not that I was going to, just wanted to check the price) and it wasn't working on virgin media anyway.

chester copperpot
agreed, ***** paying ?15 for it, plus I just tried to see if I could order it (not that I was going to, just wanted to check the price) and it wasn't working on virgin media anyway.

Right lets be getting these links for the fight up then folks.

Come on!

Looks like alot of people have been betting big on Valuev, He's now the favourite with some bookies.:43:

Going to head to mates to watch it now. Mon the Haye:2thumbsup:

Looks like alot of people have been betting big on Valuev, He's now the favourite with some bookies.:43:

Going to head to mates to watch it now. Mon the Haye:2thumbsup:

I think Haye might edge it, but it should be close.

p.s is that Tara Ried in your avatar?

I think Haye might edge it, but it should be close.

p.s is that Tara Ried in your avatar?

It is, she's proper messed up now apparently. Just went the way of Lindsay Lohan....

Shame really.

It is, she's proper messed up now apparently. Just went the way of Lindsay Lohan....

Shame really.

She's a lesbian now?

or ended up really trashy

Archived