Speeding Ticket help

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Got a NIP a few months ago and I forgot all about it.

When I remembered I couldn't find my licence anywhere so I had to get a new one and subsequently late in paying the fine.

I got a letter back today enclosing my cheque saying that the matter was being reffered to the Procurator Fiscal

Am I in the brown stuff?

When I remembered I couldn't find my licence anywhere so I had to get a new one and subsequently late in paying the fine.

I got a letter back today enclosing my cheque saying that the matter was being reffered to the Procurator Fiscal

Am I in the brown stuff?

A similar thing happened to my girlfriend. Initial 3 points and a ?60 fine. She paid a day late and the cheque was sent back. We then moved flat (and informed them) but they sent the letters to the wrong address so she never got them til a month or so later.

Eventually she was given the option, go to court in Inverness or take 'a bigger fine' - She couldn't make it to Inverness on that day so she was given 5 points and and ?300 fine, which I thought was pretty harsh considering what some people get away with.

A similar thing happened to my girlfriend. Initial 3 points and a ?60 fine. She paid a day late and the cheque was sent back. We then moved flat (and informed them) but they sent the letters to the wrong address so she never got them til a month or so later.

Eventually she was given the option, go to court in Inverness or take 'a bigger fine' - She couldn't make it to Inverness on that day so she was given 5 points and and ?300 fine, which I thought was pretty harsh considering what some people get away with.

Bloody Hell! A bit steep that, eh?:stuart:

this_is_my_story

Am I in the brown stuff?

If you've told them that, then they'd surely cut you a bit of slack?

Hardly your fault if the DVLA take forever and a day to issue you with a replacement, I'd say.

southside1874

Am I in the brown stuff?

Just tell the PF you had lost your license and see what he says. Its a small court so if you have to go to court and explain to the sheriff/judge what happened and that you have offered to pay the fine etc. I think you'll find he will be ****ed at the PF for wasting his time.

The PF isn't really interested in nonsense like that. You'll get a fiscal fine. Probably the original fine plus ?20. Doubt you'll have to go to court.

Am I in the brown stuff?

You should contact these guys for advice they got me off and were very helpful.

http://www.roadtrafficlaw.com/

penicuik jambo

I got done twice in a fortnight in the borders, my work got the two letters saying 62 in a 50 and 61 in 50. Filled the paper to both accepting the 6pts and fine. Got letter back saying i was being prosecuted for one. Despite going to court and saying i had accepted the original fine etc i was given 5pts and ?300 fine at selkirk district court, wooleyback fu**s

Say you never got the original letter, or it was delayed and arrived battered and dirty!

If they didnt send it recorded delivery they cant prove it was late!

Archived