Is an ESTA required for 4 day trip to New York??

Jambo Hud316

Can anyone who has travelled to the USA since 9th Jan 2009 confirm if they had to complete an online ESTA as well as the visa form you are given on the plane to get into the country.

I am off to New York (hopefully) on Wednesday and only just found out about this ESTA thing.

Yes, it is mandatory to complete the ESTA. Web link: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cCD706713-C31A-C582-579B-6AA7F5483805_kF0F66C97-4D11-CB90-5FD1-B6F2B3329536

You will still need to complete the green visa waiver and white customs declaration forms as well.

It only takes 10 minutes to register for ESTA and you 'should' get an immediate acceptance.

Sterling Archer

they probably won't ask you for the confirmation no though it's good to have it with you.

They do say that you have to fill the forms in at least 72 hours before you go. When we went to Florida in October we flew with US airways. Before you reach the check in desk someone will take your passport details and it states then if you've filled the forms in or not.

Remember to do it through the US embassy link. There are rogue companies out there charging for this free, at the moment, service.

Cheers for the quick responses folks

I just done it online and got a quick acceptance :2thumbsup:

cheeseypleasey

i went over last week but had not heard of the esta thing until the custom officer asked if we had filled it in ,she said it did not matter but next time fill it in

Archived