3-0 Demolition, The Mercer game.

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Was Robbo awarded a hat-trick for this game?

Can remember, he certainly had a claim, just watched it on 22 in a row clips.

Correct me if wrong but, amazingly, Robbo never scored a league hat-trick for Hearts.

If I'm right (I have a terrible memory for stats etc), it actually makes his goalscoring record even more incredible.

Correct me if wrong but, amazingly, Robbo never scored a league hat-trick for Hearts.

If I'm right (I have a terrible memory for stats etc), it actually makes his goalscoring record even more incredible.

I think you're right. Sure he scored three in a mid week cup tie against St Midden way at the Castle.

I much prefer that Robbo didn't score hat-tricks.

His one's and two's would lead to us winning or drawing games.

I'd rather have that than Boyd scoring 5 in a 10 nil, including a couple of pens, demolition of Hamilton, only to get dropped the next week against anyone half decent.

I much prefer that Robbo didn't score hat-tricks.

His one's and two's would lead to us winning or drawing games.

I'd rather have that than Boyd scoring 5 in a 10 nil, including a couple of pens, demolition of Hamilton, only to get dropped the next week against anyone half decent.

Exactly

The Old Tolbooth
I think you're right. Sure he scored three in a mid week cup tie against St Midden way at the Castle.

That's correct mate, it was a Scottish Cup tie when Robbo netted the 3 goals against the Saints.

I'm 99% sure he hasn't scored a league treble for us.

robbo definitely didn't score a top division hattrick. a scottish cup one vs liedown and i think he might have got one in the 1st division in the 82/83 season.

i think he was only awarded 1 of the goals in the 3-0 game above IIRC.

that was a magical game to be at with all the mayhem going on.

I'm 99% sure he hasn't scored a league treble for us.

I like that John, the fact you havent quite written it off happening just yet .............how much would we all pay to have him in his prime running out on Saturday ?

I like that John, the fact you havent quite written it off happening just yet .............how much would we all pay to have him in his prime running out on Saturday ?

Ach...stick a corset roond him and play him upfront!, more chance of him scoring even now than any of the current forwards!

Felix Lighter

Robbo once missed a penalty at Tynie v Dundee when he was on a hat-trick.

It must've been some weird quirk of fate that Robbo was destined never to score one in the top league.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Craig Levein scored a header. On the footage you can actually see Robbo tell Levein he didn't touch it on its way in. Think one of the others was a clear OG as well. Andy Goram's a tool but he did well that day, diving in to help Robbo when that asswipe ran on to the pitch.

That was the day L+B's finest got the MOM award from the sponsors at Fester.

They saved the Hobos from a hiding by asking us to go easy in the 2nd half to avoid further crowd disturbances from the inbreds.

That was the day L+B's finest got the MOM award from the sponsors at Fester.

They saved the Hobos from a hiding by asking us to go easy in the 2nd half to avoid further crowd disturbances from the inbreds.

It was a BIG chance to shut them up on the 7-0 front. good fun anyway and it showed them up for what they are!

Who was it who got a head to Robbo's 1st? The guy with the other worldly eyebrows? If this is the same game?

He looks like a face I know, but can't place him.

Craig Levein scored a header. On the footage you can actually see Robbo tell Levein he didn't touch it on its way in. Think one of the others was a clear OG as well. Andy Goram's a tool but he did well that day, diving in to help Robbo when that asswipe ran on to the pitch.

credit to goram for that. he fair took the boy oot the game as he got to robbo. looked like a forearm smash.

there's a credible school of thought i've heard before that hearts were 'asked' to take the foot off the gas in the 2nd half of that game for fear of a doing that would have seen the lochend trogs run riot.

there's a credible school of thought i've heard before that hearts were 'asked' to take the foot off the gas in the 2nd half of that game for fear of a doing that would have seen the lochend trogs run riot.

See post 13 Vic !

100% true, have heard it from more than one player. a pity, cause they had completely gone by half time.

Archived