Melbourne Cup tips?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

It's the race that stops a nation in a few hours. Any tips?

I'm going for Alcopop, Shocking, Changingoftheguard and Leica Ding. Forecasts, tricasts and each ways on each.

It's the race that stops a nation in a few hours. Any tips?

I'm going for Alcopop, Shocking, Changingoftheguard and Leica Ding. Forecasts, tricasts and each ways on each.

To be honest it would be throwing money away in my eyes. Don't know much about the vast majority of the horses and only seen a few of them run. If I had a free bet I'd go for Munsef at big odds.

Private Hudson
To be honest it would be throwing money away in my eyes. Don't know much about the vast majority of the horses and only seen a few of them run. If I had a free bet I'd go for Munsef at big odds.

Managed to pick the first 4 home about 5-6 years ago. Convinced myself I can do again. No gonnae happen but we live in hope!

My 3 against the field are:

C'est La Guerre (only 2 lengths second in it last year)

Crime Scene (with Godolphin's BEST jockey up)

Basaltico (Luca Cumani's got a pretty good record in this race)

2:10 tomorrow at Catterick I've been given a nudge for Count Bertoni. Same guy who gave me 18/1 Ayr winner Lordship on Saturday.

2:10 tomorrow at Catterick I've been given a nudge for Count Bertoni. Same guy who gave me 18/1 Ayr winner Lordship on Saturday.

Just noticed it is out again in Catterick's 3:10. It won by 5l on the soft ground on Saturday and carrying another featherweight. Will be backing again. Also won on it at and took 10s the night we played Zagreb at Tynie.

My 3 against the field are:

C'est La Guerre (only 2 lengths second in it last year)

Crime Scene (with Godolphin's BEST jockey up)

Basaltico (Luca Cumani's got a pretty good record in this race)

Basaltico Each Way at 25/1 for me.... now to decide to stay up or get up for it.....

Private Hudson
Sweet - had 10 bucks on Shocking to win....wee walk along the road to pick up my winnings now :-)

Nice! Me and the missus picked up 60 quid on it too!

Private Hudson
Just noticed it is out again in Catterick's 3:10. It won by 5l on the soft ground on Saturday and carrying another featherweight. Will be backing again. Also won on it at and took 10s the night we played Zagreb at Tynie.

Sounds good. Will invest some of last nights winnings on it.

The Old Tolbooth

They appear to have found a rather good opening for the horse at Catterick today mate, it's got a huge chance.

The Exeter card is also packed full of quality horses and is definitely worth watching :2thumbsup:

Been given a tip for a dog in the 12.32 at Nottingham

Trap1 Salacres Sky

Sorry...Tripped and fell from the boxes....Typical:qqb017:

They appear to have found a rather good opening for the horse at Catterick today mate, it's got a huge chance.

The Exeter card is also packed full of quality horses and is definitely worth watching :2thumbsup:

The ground is the key to the tip I think, loves soft I am told. Going back to its first race in its career it was on soft and beaten only 1.75l by a horse that has since finished second in listed company on ground too fast for it.

I am on at 7s last night on Betfair. Currently 11/2 on Betfair and at Ladbrokes has been backed from 6s to 5s already.

The Old Tolbooth
The ground is the key to the tip I think, loves soft I am told. Going back to its first race in its career it was on soft and beaten only 1.75l by a horse that has since finished second in listed company on ground too fast for it.

I am on at 7s last night on Betfair. Currently 11/2 on Betfair and at Ladbrokes has been backed from 6s to 5s already.

I'll be having some of that, just about to look at the horses for the day as my works almost done :10900:

So we should be backing Count Bertoni or Lordship? or both

Which one are we speaking about?

Count Bertoni I think!

Now 5/1 on betfair.

Fingers crossed...

The Old Tolbooth

Count Bertoni 2nd, only a neck behind the winner, not a bad shout Hans and at least each way backers get their money back

Got pipped with Crime Scene last night @ 37/1 and backed your tip this morning on Betfair @ 15/2, same result, never mind I don't mind losing when they are trying.

Archived