Up 3D / 9 / Fantastic Mr Fox

cosanostra

Some great animated films out this year. Has anyone else been to see any of these?

Watched all 3 over the last couple of weeks and I loved each of them.

Up is fantastic. Very sad but has it's uplifting moments to balance things out. The 3D effect is pretty cool but takes a bit of getting used to. Seriously good film.

9 - Amazing.

Kind of like Terminator 2 v Lord of the Rings v Raggydolls. Great animation and characters. Very fast moving but quite short. Brilliant also.

Mr Fox- Seriously good as well.

Very funny with a quirky style of animation. Great character voices and quality story.

I'd recommend all 3 of them. :smiley2:

Rupert Pupkin

UP is a very touching movie, it is also hilarious.Took the boys to see it on Friday night, and we really enjoyed it.

Glad to hear the other two are good aswell, may give them a bash this weekend.

Nucky Thompson

Took the kids to see Up 3D yesterday and really enjoyed it. I admit to having a wee lump in my throat:smiley2:

Took the kids to see Up 3D yesterday and really enjoyed it. I admit to having a wee lump in my throat:smiley2:

I downloaded a great copy and started watching to see what the quality was like.Ended up watching the whole film,really good.Did the same with Ice Age 3.

Ice Age 3 was great in 3d -- as is Mr Fox -- well worth seeing -- nephews loved it so brownie points for the uncle.

Needed the brownie points after making them watch the Falkirk match with me !!

Took our 5 year old to Up 3-D and whilst it was a great film, its not ideal for a 5 year old. Some of the themes are a bit grown up - bereavement, loneliness, the shattering of expectations for a 5 year old.

In addition, I dont actually think they made enough of the 3D effects. When you compared it with some of the trailers that preceded the actual film, I thought the use of the 3D was pretty half-hearted.

Still a good movie though.

GC

Archived