Getting gigs in Edinburgh...

Rossco

Can anyone recommend any places that will give fairly new rock bands some gigs in Edinburgh?

We have been playing through in Glasgow (Nice n Sleazys, Rockers etc..) and Kilmarnock but I have not really noticed anywhere over here that will hand out gigs.

Cheers

Could also try getting one of the early slots at Whistle Binkies!

There may also be a new venue opening in the very near future!!

Is this inside secret gossip? :10900:

Cheers for the suggestion Whistle Binkies. Completely forgot about them.

Guest Pressleyno1

What's your myspace again? I am fully booked up until next year with Manky Ba5tard.

Shameless plug time....

Sat Nov 7th - The Ray Summers // The Rioteers // Two Stripe

Sat Dec 12th - Pearl & The Puppets // The Boycotts // Make Sparks

Sat Dec 19th - Christmas Party: Paper Planes // Mitchell Museum // CryOverBillionaires

All at Sneaky Pete's from 7pm/?5

Guest Pressleyno1

Where's that?

What's your myspace again? I am fully booked up until next year with Manky Ba5tard.

Shameless plug time....

Sat Dec 19th - Christmas Party: Paper Planes // Mitchell Museum // CryOverBillionaires

Sent you a pm mate. :2thumbsup:

Is this inside secret gossip? :10900:

Cheers for the suggestion Whistle Binkies. Completely forgot about them.

Yeah a mate has just signed the lease and is now in the process of doing the place up! Hopefully looking at a 1st Dec opening! Will shamelessly plug it when everything is confirmed!!

Victor Mancini

Shameless plug time....

i'll be at this one, i think the rioteers are a great band and a few people have mentioned the ray summers to me as "the next big thing"

looking forward to it.

Johanes de Silentio
Can anyone recommend any places that will give fairly new rock bands some gigs in Edinburgh?

We have been playing through in Glasgow (Nice n Sleazys, Rockers etc..) and Kilmarnock but I have not really noticed anywhere over here that will hand out gigs.

Cheers

Fancy telling us a wee bit about your band, mate? Dinnae forget to post links, etc! :2thumbsup:

Heriot Watt Uni are good.

Get in touch with a good Jambo called Keith Easton who books gigs for the student union.

Fancy telling us a wee bit about your band, mate? Dinnae forget to post links, etc! :2thumbsup:

No probs mate, we are called 'The Empathy'.

The quality of the recordings on Myspace are dire (we are hoping to do a demo soon), just live rehearsal recordings but here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/theempathymusic

Also some small reviews:

I'm the ugly one on the right :th_o:

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/entertainment-kilmarnock/gigs-music-kilmarnock/2009/10/02/the-empathy-are-kings-of-ayrshire-81430-24818725/

and another small review:

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/entertainment-kilmarnock/gigs-music-kilmarnock/2009/08/14/kilmarnock-s-monkey-bar-plays-host-to-battle-of-the-bands-81430-24376359/

Cheers for the suggestions folks!

Sergio Garcia

Shameless plug time....

We home or away on the 19th?

Quite like Paper planes so may stay out after game in Edinburgh the catch their set.

Johanes de Silentio
No probs mate, we are called 'The Empathy'.

The quality of the recordings on Myspace are dire (we are hoping to do a demo soon), just live rehearsal recordings but here is the link:

http://www.myspace.com/theempathymusic

Also some small reviews:

I'm the ugly one on the right :th_o:

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/entertainment-kilmarnock/gigs-music-kilmarnock/2009/10/02/the-empathy-are-kings-of-ayrshire-81430-24818725/

and another small review:

http://www.kilmarnockstandard.co.uk/entertainment-kilmarnock/gigs-music-kilmarnock/2009/08/14/kilmarnock-s-monkey-bar-plays-host-to-battle-of-the-bands-81430-24376359/

Cheers for the suggestions folks!

Had a cheeky wee listen on your Myspace - very good, mate - nice one! :2thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Yeah a mate has just signed the lease and is now in the process of doing the place up! Hopefully looking at a 1st Dec opening! Will shamelessly plug it when everything is confirmed!!

Quick update on the new venue!

Dec 1st was a no go as the place needed far more work than first thought, however it is nearly ready and Nicol Edwards will be reopening in the next couple of weeks possibly under the new name of The Banshee's Labyrinth!! Will update again once I get full details of the opening night and of any forthcoming events/gigs etc

Got some more info tonight! All going to plan the following will happen!

Nicol Edwards will be open on Hogmany till 5am with one of the reglular DJ's from the Black Rose (Stevie with Stormbringer) overseeing events!!

It will then close again to complete the renovations until the 8th of Jan which will be the opening night of The Banshee's Labyrinth!!

Got some more info tonight! All going to plan the following will happen!

Nicol Edwards will be open on Hogmany till 5am with one of the reglular DJ's from the Black Rose (Stevie with Stormbringer) overseeing events!!

It will then close again to complete the renovations until the 8th of Jan which will be the opening night of The Banshee's Labyrinth!!

As someone else touted themselves, so shall I.

If anyone's looking for an acoustic singer songwriter (God I hate that term, people know what it means though) then a shout would be appreciated.

Angus

Archived