Nokia N97 v Sony Satio v Iphone V Storm 2 etc

slashishere

My contract is up looking for a new phone, anyone who has any of the above or anything better please offer some advice?

I have an Itouch already so i'm not sure if I just want to combine what I have or go for something totally different?

Ta :)

I'm in the same boat, with the same shortlist.

Add a Samsung in there too ;)

I want a contract with unlimited internet though.

I'm in the same boat, with the same shortlist.

Add a Samsung in there too ;)

I want a contract with unlimited internet though.

i'm with orange, the best i could see for me was 600 mins unlimited text and 500mb a month for ?25. 500mb was the best they had

i'm with orange, the best i could see for me was 600 mins unlimited text and 500mb a month for ?25. 500mb was the best they had

Yeah thats what I saw too.

I see Vodaphone is possibly unlimited on the Satio.

As above. If you're not going for the iPhone, go for the HTC.

Got an HTC from work doesnt cost me anything and its the dogs.

Here's my take on the list.

Nokia N97: Not my cup of tea. Nokia OS gets very samey from one device to another and can start to lag quite alot the more applications etc that you have on it. Its a nice looking phone and have yet to read anything on the touch screen and whether its resistive or capacitive. Nokia do have the Ovi store which seems ok but isnt as big a library as the App Store for the iPhone.

Sony Satio: Will be running the same OS as alot of Nokia's fused with the normal Sony Ericsson software which apparently is a nightmare. For example, some icons require a click, others a double click and some even a triple click but there no real way of finding out other than learning them or trying them. 12 mega pixel cyber shot camera is a plus as well as the Walkman software in the one phone which you dont normally get with SE. Its normally one or the other! Dont know if Ovi will work on this but even if it does you will still be limited as Sony Ericsson dont have any type of store other than this assuming Nokia let them use it, I dunno.

I Phone: Touch screen is fantastic. Only thing that's not so great on this compared to other phones is a decent camera. Bringing in the lowest 3 Megapixels assuming its the 3GS you're going for. The upside is the 3GS is so quick at loading apps and songs etc. You wont notice any lag and will oblitorate any of your mate 3G models.

I had these options when my contract ended. I went for the 3GS and dont regret it. Brilliantly sleek phone. Just wish I didnt need to use a big case to keep it un scratched...but then it takes the look away anyway so whats the point!? Vicious circle and me just having a rant! :)

Sheriff Fatman

If you want an expensive toy that plays games, plays music and video, looks nice, but has a third rate camera, and its proper communications tech is shoddily implemented, get an i-phone.

If you want a serious bit of business kit, but hasn't a huge range of electronic desk toys get a Blackberry.

If you want something in between, look at the Hero or the Palm Pre

Any of the HTC owners know if they magic is comparable to the hero as I can get that on an 18 month contract with Vodaphone for ?17.50 a month with unlimted internet usage, 300 mins talk and 600 text.

Have a look at the HTC Hero. It runs on Google android and dare I say it but I like it better than the iPhone

As above. If you're not going for the iPhone, go for the HTC.

Got an HTC from work doesnt cost me anything and its the dogs.

Hero has a better UI, and you can use any standard headphones with it but it is comparable

HTC Hero all the way. You won't regret it. Custom ROM's and tweaked Kernels (http://android.modaco.com/category/409/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/), make it even better than out of the box. Plus you can multi-task which the iPhone can't.

HTC also recently confirmed that the Hero will be getting Android 2.0 Eclair, once they have applied their UI to it.

got a bit fed up today with a text from VF saying i was on the right tariff with an old phone..i've now got the satio for 19 a month with unlimited internet and texts and 300 mins any network..i've been with them for 10 years though.

i got a blackberry 8900 on t-mobile ?30pm , 700 x mins , endless texts ,blackberry push emails, & unlimited net.

all in all am very happy wae it , infact am addicted to it :stuart:

Arthur Morgan

I have the Satio and despite having to double click menus its a great phone, it looks great too. I used to have the iphone 3G and imo the Satio is better.

I've had the n97 since june had a few problems with it but upgraded the firmware to v20 must say it's excellent now.

Archived