Programmes that make an impact

Pete Seeger

A couple of weeks ago I watched Bulgarias abandoned children. The way these unwanted kids are dealt with sickened me. They were institutionalised and treated as numbers and in this country we treat our animals better. Their were some kids so weak and frail that that with the slightest bump or fall they were breaking bones. One child had clearly broken her leg and when the crew asked the nurse what they were doing about it they drew a blank. It really was disturbing.

Anyways my point is that after showing this film the bbc recieved enough donations from horrified viewers all over Europe that they have closed down this childrens home and are funding new homes for the children. I couldn't get this out of my head for days so my question is what programmes or documentaries have left a lasting impression on you and for what reasons?

jambojackbilly

The Double Decker's , just young

Marine Boy and his oxygum like the idea

Caligula >> coming :smiley2: of age

TISWAZ Sally

After that i sniffed glue , so I'm hard to please with telly, nowadays i like Meerkat Manor, Masterchef and Ray Mears

A couple of weeks ago I watched Bulgarias abandoned children. The way these unwanted kids are dealt with sickened me. They were institutionalised and treated as numbers and in this country we treat our animals better. Their were some kids so weak and frail that that with the slightest bump or fall they were breaking bones. One child had clearly broken her leg and when the crew asked the nurse what they were doing about it they drew a blank. It really was disturbing.

Anyways my point is that after showing this film the bbc recieved enough donations from horrified viewers all over Europe that they have closed down this childrens home and are funding new homes for the children. I couldn't get this out of my head for days so my question is what programmes or documentaries have left a lasting impression on you and for what reasons?

I have to say I've never been as moved by a documentary as that one - I just wish one of the production crew had given Milen's abuser and a good kicking while they were filming. I'm glad the original documentary had such an impact.

I have to say I've never been as moved by a documentary as that one - I just wish one of the production crew had given Milen's abuser and a good kicking while they were filming. I'm glad the original documentary had such an impact.

I agree. To be honest it made me more angry than sad that people, poverty stricken or not, could allow such treatment of children. These kids were malnuished abused and basically left to rot away. Some of these kids had very minor problems when they arrived but by the time they left they were like robots. Very very sad.

Another series that I think left a major impact on a lot of people was planet earth. It's easily the best thing to come out of the bbc in my lifetime and for the final 5 minutes of the series alone it was worth the millions it cost to film and the years that it took to make. It almost turned me into a tree hugger as it opened my eyes to just how beautiful our planet can be.

I remember watching that when it was first shown a couple of years back. Was horrific.

:(

Archived