Manchester

heartsfc_fan

Anyone on here been before?

Taking the lady friend down 4 days before Xmas. Staying pretty central, in a 3* hotel, so we should be within walking distance to (most) attractions.

Any good bars/restaurants we should keep a look out for?

What's the nightlife like down there?

Cheers in advance :)

Gareth_Hearts
Anyone on here been before?

Taking the lady friend down 4 days before Xmas. Staying pretty central, in a 3* hotel, so we should be within walking distance to (most) attractions.

Any good bars/restaurants we should keep a look out for?

What's the nightlife like down there?

Cheers in advance :)

Upto you to find out :hat2:

You'll have a great time, loads of cool funky places by Tibb Street in the Northern Quarter and for food go to Rusholme and the curry mile. Castlefield also has nice pubs too. Places to visit, well there is the Imperial War Museum North, Manchester City Art Gallery and the museums in Castlefield.

If you fancy leaving the city for a day trip, Liverpool is only 40 minutes by train too.

Hope that helps :2thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Watch out for aliens. :stuart: Going by the Shed this morning they appear to be everywhere except Craigmillar and Wester Hailes (the people there just look like aliens). :2thumbsup:

Been a couple of times, decent place.

Head down to Printworks at night has an imax cinema lots of restaurants and bars .Been there many times at night would avoid china town area of manchester very manky Deansgate also busy at night ,Have been in Manchester town centre with Utd at home and never seen one person with a scarf on MEN arena also near town centre .Great place to go to .also if you want to go to a Man Utd game register with there email list and if it is not a big game when you are down there you will be able to buy tickets for the game been offered tickets for most of there recent matches.

I really like Manchester, although I'm not much use in giving directions or tips because I'm usually there with someone who knows the place well.

Curry Mile is well worth doing - I don't even like curry but had a superb one out of the place (name escapes me) we went to.

The pubs around Manchester University are decent - particularly if you are a student - and Fifth Avenue on the way into town from that direction had a good student night a few years back on a Friday. Seems to generally be a pretty good vibe on nights out.

During the day I suppose there's the usual stuff like museums, loads of shops, Leeds and Liverpool within 45 minutes either way. Can always take a trip down to the Hacienda too, although it's a bit gutting looking at what it has turned into.

Archived