Mods

Millerntor

Going back to wed night at the brendanbau - whats this "we are the hearts, we are, we are, we are the hearts" malarky? In a mod stylee

Mods? = hibs = bent as boomerangs

Hearts - punk rock to the core.

I like the who, the jam, the kinks et al.

Nothin' wrong with mods.

Anyone got a prblem I'll meet you off my vespa down Brighton way.

Bit of a generalisation, but I always thought of it as....

Punks & Skins = Gorgie Aggro & Bootboys

Mods = Casuals

:peepwall:

Mods = Casuals

Thats why, if you remember the auld shed and the the corner etc. The hearts casuals got chased away. A few hearts "casuals" ended up going with the hibs mob.

However, i believe these days that hearts have a handy wee crew of casuals. I dont know but all my punk rock mates support hearts.:2thumbsup:

Mods = Casuals

:mad:

For the record Mods and Casuals hated each other in the early days while Casuals were emerging and there were a few pockets of Mods around, I was in enough of these scraps to know.

Here's the ditty mentioned, enjoy ..... :smiley2:

Oh, and plenty Hearts Mods would be gutted to be = Hibs never mind = bent :57:

.... dont know but all my punk rock mates support hearts.

Same here, don't know any hibs fans who are/were Punks.

Also have plenty good Jambo mates who are Mods, and I remember the Shed and the fights with the original casuals.

Nostalgia's just not what it used to be :thumb:

Chad Sexington
Going back to wed night at the brendanbau - whats this "we are the hearts, we are, we are, we are the hearts" malarky? In a mod stylee

You are a fud.

You are a fud.

You are

You are

You are a fud.

Hope this helps.

paul-weller-mod-1-3075-102_zoom.jpg

Johanes de Silentio

Chad is correct.

The alleged hatred between 'Mods & Rockers' was created by the 60s redtops looking for a sensational story.

The alleged riots in Brighton and such in the 60s were exaggerated from one very minor skirmish.

[see Folk Devils & Moral Panics, Cohen]

(Cohen is an eminent Sociologist, like Pete Townshend, actually, who was there, mixing with both Mods and Rockers, when it all supposedly kicked off)

Chad is correct.

The alleged hatred between 'Mods & Rockers' was created by the 60s redtops looking for a sensational story.

The alleged riots in Brighton and such in the 60s were exaggerated from one very minor skirmish.

[see Folk Devils & Moral Panics, Cohen]

(Cohen is an eminent Sociologist, like Pete Townshend, actually, who was there, mixing with both Mods and Rockers, when it all supposedly kicked off)

This is correct. 'Moral Panic.'

This still occurs with minor events/escapades. 'Exclusive; I had a dump and it was satisfying.'

OMG, the Sea rose 15m because of one extra ****......Don't take a dump, sea will rise....blah blah... All **** is bad.....

This is correct. 'Moral Panic.'

This still occurs with minor events/escapades. 'Exclusive; I had a dump and it was satisfying.'

OMG, the Sea rose 15m because of one extra ****......Don't take a dump, sea will rise....blah blah... All **** is bad.....

accurate explanation. :hang:

For the record Mods and Casuals hated each other in the early days while Casuals were emerging and there were a few pockets of Mods around, I was in enough of these scraps to know.

Never knew that TBH.

I've plenty Hearts mates who were/are Mods, and I'm not for one second trying to suggest that they were all Casuals, but I did think that most Casuals were Mods.

Live and learn !

PS: Punk stll rules ! :punk:

Never knew that TBH.

I've plenty Hearts mates who were/are Mods, and I'm not for one second trying to suggest that they were all Casuals, but I did think that most Casuals were Mods.

Live and learn !

The casual movement was/is an offspring of modernism, an evolutionary by-product if you like.

Not all modernists would be casuals, and not all casuals would be aware of that culture's modernist roots, however to some it was a natural progression, especially in the fashion stakes.

I guess it depends on your definition of mod/modernist in the first instance though - all the fighting would ruin the cut of your cloth.

mods and casual where different era's, yes the casual's took the style from the mods as in dress nice rather than an unwashed rocker.

Never knew that TBH.

Live and learn !

You're not exactly wrong mate, I meant those that remained Mods didn't get on with that lot but a hell of a lot of Mods and those that had been Mods did evolve into Casuals.

You are wrong about Punks though :10900:

I will grant you SLF though :smiley2:

You are wrong about Punks though

I will grant you SLF though

....possibly because Bruce Foxton played with them for years ?

:10900:

....possibly because Bruce Foxton played with them for years ?

:10900:

Course not :smiley2:

Actually went to see them 7 St Paddy's on the trot at the Barrowlands prior to Foxton, this only stopped when I moved to England.

Was no good on my desert boots if I'm honest but they were cheap enough to replace :10900:

Archived