Great Pizza Takeaway in Edinburgh

Benzinho

Ok folks, need some help. I fancy pizza for dinner tonight but I'm bored with the usual Dominos/Pizza Hut options so want to try somewhere new.

I don't want any of the stodgy crap with too much cheese you usually get from most chippys either, I'm talking a really nice, thin base pizza, with good quality toppings.

It has to be within say 10-15 minutes drive max from Slateford as well. For example, I'd drive over to the bridges to get it if I think it's worthwhile.

Francos in Stockbridge.

Their Pizza's sre top notch and pretty well priced.

I used to live right next to Franco's on Portgower Place but only ever used it for chips due to my mistrust of chippy pizzas. Is it genuinely worth a try?

I used to live right next to Franco's on Portgower Place but only ever used it for chips due to my mistrust of chippy pizzas. Is it genuinely worth a try?

I would say so. (I used to do a bit of work for them and have known the owners since I was a kid)

The dough is made in the place next door (San Marco) and they have the same kind of Pizza ovens as well (the two places are owned by brothers)

If you want a really thin cripsy base then get a 'Vinnie Special' which is a 10" base stretched in a 12" dish.

If I get a take-away Pizza (Which is not very often these days) then thats where I go.

I would say so. (I used to do a bit of work for them and have known the owners since I was a kid)

The dough is made in the place next door (San Marco) and they have the same kind of Pizza ovens as well (the two places are owned by brothers)

If you want a really thin cripsy base then get a 'Vinnie Special' which is a 10" base stretched in a 12" dish.

If I get a take-away Pizza (Which is not very often these days) then thats where I go.

Are they (the brothers) Hearts fans? I always used to go in on the way home from the game when I lived down there and I can remember always getting a bit of chat about the game from the older guy behind the counter.

Zizzi's at Fountainbridge is really good. I've only eaten in their restaurant but am pretty sure they do takeaway as well.

papa johns

you'll not be disappointed

Good shout, my mate lives up in newington and the pizzas there are the bollocks.

ArmiyaRomanova
papa johns

Agreed.

Not what you're after, but across the road from it there's a new(ish) chippie that fries its fish to order - best I've had in a long time....

La Favorita delivers as well. Although I'd keep the kids inside when one of their delivery guys is on the roads as they drive like frustrated Taxi Drivers.

Are they (the brothers) Hearts fans? I always used to go in on the way home from the game when I lived down there and I can remember always getting a bit of chat about the game from the older guy behind the counter.

The brothers support whoever they customer supports!

But they keep up with the chat from the Hibs and Hearts games mainly.

loveofthegame

Papa Johns is class but you said you are wanting to avoid Dominos/Pizza Hut and really Papa Johns is just the same- big American chain making good high fatty pizza!

Papa Johns is class but you said you are wanting to avoid Dominos/Pizza Hut and really Papa Johns is just the same- big American chain making good high fatty pizza!

I don't mind if it's a chain just as long as it tastes good and hopefully better than Dominos/Pizza Hut.

I was in Vincenzo's class at school. I always pop in for a pizza when I'm back home. Very good pizza at decent prices.

I was in Vincenzo's class at school. I always pop in for a pizza when I'm back home. Very good pizza at decent prices.

So you were another of the Broughton reprobates!

I still speak to Vinny reguarly and enjoy the occasional round of golf with him.

He was a Celtic fan last time I checked - but he is forgiven that because he is a 'top lad'.

I still speak to Vinny reguarly and enjoy the occasional round of golf with him.

He was a Celtic fan last time I checked - but he is forgiven that because he is a 'top lad'.

I think his only true love is Juve. He actually used to go to a fair few Hearts games with me. Can't believe he is claiming to be a Celtic fan now. Sad day. Puts things in perspective.

Used to play a bit of golf with him as well but he was forever cancelling when his old boy dragged him into work!

I know vinny and his family pretty well aswell. Nice people!

Yes Francos pizza's are pretty dam good for there price.

A Vinny special and a chip roll goes down nicley from there!!! :10900:

papa johns

Just finished my Papa Johns pizza and I can confirm that I wasn't disappointed. :2thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
Ok folks, need some help. I fancy pizza for dinner tonight but I'm bored with the usual Dominos/Pizza Hut options so want to try somewhere new.

I don't want any of the stodgy crap with too much cheese you usually get from most chippys either, I'm talking a really nice, thin base pizza, with good quality toppings.

It has to be within say 10-15 minutes drive max from Slateford as well. For example, I'd drive over to the bridges to get it if I think it's worthwhile.

Farry's in Dunfermline (You didn't say which bridge) :th_o:

chester copperpot
Farry's in Dunfermline (You didn't say which bridge) :th_o:

Abso-fecking-lutely.

Best Pizza I've ever had, by a country mile.

chester copperpot
Bit too late for Farry's this time. Maybe next time. :smiley2:

If ur ever in the kingdom of fife, you have to go to this place for a pizza.

Amazing.

Archived