Healthy, yet fulfilling breakfasts, whats yours?

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Been eating Cheerio's for the past 6 weeks for breakfast, however they're no filling me up that much.

I want to be able to eat something that gets me through till about half 1sh so I dont feel hungry till then.

Was searching the net for suggestions when the lightbulb came on. Better than google/yahoo/ask is the Shed for suggestions for this.

Over to you shedders, what's your suggestions?

chester copperpot
Big bowl of fruit and fibre and a banana.

Cheerios are for weans.

I eat shed loads of fruit every day now mate, but it's hardly fulfilling. I use it more as an in between filler rather than a main meal.

blondejamtart

Porridge?

Something like eggs (poached or scrambled) on wholemeal toast is probably a good option - or even beans on toast!

chester copperpot
Porridge?

Something like eggs (poached or scrambled) on wholemeal toast is probably a good option - or even beans on toast!

I aint had porridge since a kid. Is it pretty fulfilling BJT aye? I assumed it was just like weetabix, which I've been eating a lot too.

blondejamtart

Porridge is pretty filling - the oats provide a form of slow-release energy which is supposed to keep you feeling fuller for longer.

Protein-based breakfasts are also supposed to do the same - hence the suggestion of eggs or beans on wholemeal toast, again, the wholemeal is more filling than white bread.

chester copperpot
Porridge is pretty filling - the oats provide a form of slow-release energy which is supposed to keep you feeling fuller for longer.

Protein-based breakfasts are also supposed to do the same - hence the suggestion of eggs or beans on wholemeal toast, again, the wholemeal is more filling than white bread.

Am at the supermarket later on today, will check it out.

thank you kickback for sending me off to the clutches of the local unhealthy fried food vendor for some scoff. i might even have a fag on the way.

chester copperpot
thank you kickback for sending me off to the clutches of the local unhealthy fried food vendor for some scoff. i might even have a fag on the way.

:laugh:

The Mighty Thor

Porage. It's the way forward.

Usually with some fruit on it and a bit of honey.

Good healthy food and keeps you regular too :2thumbsup:

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'm a recent convert to Porridge after meeting the guys at Stoats Oats thru work.

I have it with honey and a tablespoon of whisky in the morning (made with milk not water and salt like my gran used to make it)

i have weetabix.

they are fairy fulfilling. they just taste like ass.

CC has been going to the gym lately so he might not be a fairy now! :th_o:

I skipped breakfast and an having a smoked sausage supper from Monte Bianco in about 30mins. :10900:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's all about the eggs. If you are hitting the gym, you need protein and eggs are top protein.

No finer breakfast than scrambled eggs with wholemeal toast and brown sauce or a cheese & ham omlette.

LOVELY JUBBLY

http://www.menshealth.co.uk has a great forum for excercise and has a section on eating right.

I'm a recent convert to Porridge after meeting the guys at Stoats Oats thru work.

I have it with honey and a tablespoon of whisky in the morning (made with milk not water and salt like my gran used to make it)

*boak*

Time and a place for everything, but a tablespoon of whisky first thing!

Tell me you meant teaspoon...:th_o:

chester copperpot
CC has been going to the gym lately so he might not be a fairy now! :th_o:

I hit the gym pretty hard last night mate, I fell off the fecking cross training machine as my legs gave way.

True story. :57:

I quite like grilled cheese with bacon on it. Taste is superb imo.

Also, reheated chicken pasta bake is ****ing awesome.

I hit the gym pretty hard last night mate, I fell off the fecking cross training machine as my legs gave way.

Please ask your gym for the cctv pictures and post them up. :10900:

Weetabix coated in sugar, usually just as much as I can fit in a bowl. Porridge is a good idea aswell, with toast. Last time I said I had porridge with toast I got abuse because for some reason people eat it with sugar, I prefer salt. The porridge you put in the microwave is rank in my opinion.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
*boak*

Time and a place for everything, but a tablespoon of whisky first thing!

Tell me you meant teaspoon...:th_o:

Nah it's a tablespoon

As its hot porridge most of the alcohol evaporates off.

Nah it's a tablespoon

As its hot porridge most of the alcohol evaporates off.

Hats off to you!

A bowl of whatever cereal is around is my staple breakfast, washed down by a cup of tea.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

I eat this every morning and it usually fills me up until lunch.

Being honest I don't always finish the toast.

Brekkie1-s649x486-15415-580.jpg

I've had porridge for breakfast for as long as I remember, (mind you thats not very long now) starting in post weaning days. Now I follow with two slices of whole wheat toast and coffee. Probably every third or fourth day I will have a couple of fried eggs. A touch of bran in the porridge occasionally keeps everything moving which is the key to good health.

We also eat a considerable amount of fruit but at lunch time, which is generally a fairly light meal.

The above non regimented diet accompanied by regular walking and swimming keeps me as the shadow of a real man that I am. In the last couple of years I have shed 17lbs and am now a svelte 213Lbs. Mind you if my wife overdoses the bran I drop in both senses of the term about another six pounds.:smiley2:

:10900:

That looks so good.... :2thumbsup:

MA HA!

I stick to a fairly strict diet these days so breakfast usually alternates daily between a couple of yoghurts and a couple of apples or a bowl of cereal and a couple of apples.

Usually does me ok until lunch but if I get hungry then more fruit always does the trick.

Arrrg, went to the supermarket and forgot to pick up bloody porridge.

probably for the best. by the sounds of your earlier adventures you'd only have put your back out anyway....

I usually go for Sainsburys Fruit and Nut Musleli, great selection fruit & nuts with no added salt or sugar. I usually have it with skimmed milk and some low fat yoghurt, quite nice as healthy options go, even nicer if you had some fresh sliced banana and/or some blueberries.

I usually go for Sainsburys Fruit and Nut Musleli, great selection fruit & nuts with no added salt or sugar. I usually have it with skimmed milk and some low fat yoghurt, quite nice as healthy options go, even nicer if you had some fresh sliced banana and/or some blueberries.

Why not just add water from the tap.:qqb017:

Why not just add water from the tap.:qqb017:

Actually that was a mistype, I use semi skimmed, skimmed is like white water.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Muesli with yogurt

Yogurt with strawberries

Poached eggs on wholewheat toast

Alternate those bad boys and you can't go wrong.

Miller Jambo 60
breakfast.jpg

yum yum yum

Either that or an Elvis brekkie:

mcdonalds_double_cheeseburger.jpg

Thats my type of food.

All your cereals, like eating from a Hamsters cage.

Doug.

The ratio of sausages to bacon on that guy's plate cannot be justified. That is my only thought on this subject.

chester copperpot
breakfast.jpg

yum yum yum

Either that or an Elvis brekkie:

mcdonalds_double_cheeseburger.jpg

Thanks for those images you *******. :th_o:

chester copperpot

Ordered porridge, getting delivered from Tesco's tomorrow. A report will follow once the taste session has finished.

The People's Chimp
It's all about the eggs. If you are hitting the gym, you need protein and eggs are top protein.

No finer breakfast than scrambled eggs with wholemeal toast and brown sauce or a cheese & ham omlette.

LOVELY JUBBLY

www.menshealth.co.uk has a great forum for excercise and has a section on eating right.

Cheese and Ham Omelette is a cracking suggestion.

blondejamtart
Cheese and Ham Omelette is a cracking suggestion.

Well, as the saying goes, you can't make an omelette without cracking eggs!

It all depends if I'm going for a run. If, when I wake up, I want to go straight away then I'll have a yoghurt as anything fuller I get a stitch.

Other than that I'll have a bowl or Ready Break or a couple of Weetabix. Although I have to wait 30 minutes to allow them to get soggy.

Black pudding whether it be Stornoway or tesco's value muck is the devil's spawn. How anyone can put that ****e down their throat is beyond me. Gives me the boak just smelling it when it's cooking.

It's congealed pig or cow blood ffs.

WestcoastJambo
Black pudding whether it be Stornoway or tesco's value muck is the devil's spawn. How anyone can put that ****e down their throat is beyond me. Gives me the boak just smelling it when it's cooking.

It's congealed pig or cow blood ffs.

You're making me hungry.

:2thumbsup:

Archived