Katie;My beautiful face.

berrasbraw

Yeah...she's unbelievably brave. Her attitude is just amazing.

That bloke deserves to be strung up for what he did to her. Evil, evil git.

Brings back memories of a similar incident in Edinburgh years back - remember it? She was really brave too.

Louise Duddie.

Her ex husband who arranged it was a right nasty sod known to many people.

Her attack was even worse as it burnt her eyes out, horrible, horrible thing to even consider doing to someone.

Brings back memories of a similar incident in Edinburgh years back - remember it? She was really brave too.

Modiak was the guy who did it, I think? Goodness knows why I can remember his name but not hers....

chester copperpot
Modiak was the guy who did it, I think? Goodness knows why I can remember his name but not hers....

Did we no know a guy called Modiac when we all messed about at school Red?

That name rings a bell.

Did we no know a guy called Modiac when we all messed about at school Red?

That name rings a bell.

Gordon Modiak.

Twisted thug with ideas above his actual place, the whole family were bams.

blondejamtart

That was the case - horrible. Funny how, in both cases (Louise and Katie - on tv just now) - the twisted sod behind it got someone else to actually carry out the evil deed. Anyone capable of planning something like that is sick beyond belief.

this_is_my_story
Louise Duddie.

Her ex husband who arranged it was a right nasty sod known to many people.

Her attack was even worse as it burnt her eyes out, horrible, horrible thing to even consider doing to someone.

Funny this should be mentioned, as the trailers for the channel four programme reminded me of the Louise Duddie incident.

The ex-husband you're referring to, Tazio, got Kelvin Greenhalshe (sp) to carry out the attack. I remember this because as a wee boy at around ten, I went to karate classes that were ran by the guy. He was an absolute nutcase - some of the stuff he used to come out with was ridiculous, and I even realised that much at such an early age. A couple of years or so later, I recognised the name instantly when he was implicated, and subsequently charged, with regard to the acid attack on Louoise Duddie. I remember seeing his face in the EEN and thinking, "Aye, that's him right enough." Utter nutcase.

I just caught the end of it when flicking over to the 'How Racist Are You?' thing.

Incredibly brave and a remarkable attitude, absolutely horrible what she has had to go through.

Sorry but she met this weirdo on facebook and after two days he said he loved her.

She off her nut?

Gordon Modiak.

Twisted thug with ideas above his actual place, the whole family were bams.

psycho. but not the whole family, I knew his niece and she was a nice lassie. Married, settled & not a psycho as far as I know nowadays.

Sorry but she met this weirdo on facebook and after two days he said he loved her.

She off her nut?

She still never deserved to get that done to her mate,:2thumbsup:

She off her nut?

And then went to a hotel with him where she got raped, never reported it - took the ****s phone calls and messaged him on Facebook, and THEN went outside when the guy wanted her too?

For the record, I do not think she is brave. I think shes doing what every other person in her situation would.

I also believe she was an arrogant stuck up cow when she had her face from the way she spoke about herself. Obviously she did under any circumstances deserve what happened to her however at least she had the years she had. Think of the poor folks born like that.

She still never deserved to get that done to her mate,:2thumbsup:

True mate but she must need her head testing going near a hotel after that short period of time with him.

True mate but she must need her head testing going near a hotel after that short period of time with him.
And she'll have to live with the guilt of being daft,going to a hotel with a guy she hardly knew.Hindsights a great thing :2thumbsup:

And she'll have to live with the guilt of being daft,going to a hotel with a guy she hardly knew.Hindsights a great thing :2thumbsup:

And CraigSN1

All over the world, millions of men and women will be meeting other men and women and letting things escalate a little too quickly. People will be jumping in with both feet, getting carried away and hoping for the best. There is nothing weird about that.

None of them expect to be raped or to have their face melted in an acid attack, and nor should they.

And CraigSN1

All over the world, millions of men and women will be meeting other men and women and letting things escalate a little too quickly. People will be jumping in with both feet, getting carried away and hoping for the best. There is nothing weird about that.

None of them expect to be raped or to have their face melted in an acid attack, and nor should they.

I'll ignore the last sentence as that goes without saying. However in regards to your original statement, I advise you to read what I said again then say her actions were not weird, unusually and pure and utter stupidity.

Absolute sin. She may have been a bit naive but I'm sure we've all made bad judgement calls. Never in a million years could she have 2nd guessed something like this happening. I hope the bas*ards who did this to her get everything coming to them.

I'll ignore the last sentence as that goes without saying. However in regards to your original statement, I advise you to read what I said again then say her actions were not weird, unusually and pure and utter stupidity.

I read it the first time, but for the sake of discussion I read it again and to be honest I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

So...she might have dealt with things differently...what's your point?

I read it the first time, but for the sake of discussion I read it again and to be honest I'm still not sure what you're getting at.

So...she might have dealt with things differently...what's your point?

The guy RAPED her then she agreed to go somewhere he has asked her to go? Dealing with things differently is a gross understatement there I would say! Only bad things would have came from that.

Snake Plissken
It's a real shame but .... would you?

From behind .... :th_o:

I can't believe it took 24 posts before someone said it.

Get her pumped :hat2:

chester copperpot
From behind .... :th_o:

I can't believe it took 24 posts before someone said it.

Get her pumped :hat2:

I still think she looked cute. For once there's no smart ass comment attached.

The guy RAPED her then she agreed to go somewhere he has asked her to go? Dealing with things differently is a gross understatement there I would say! Only bad things would have came from that.

Yes, I know this. But why is that relevant? I still don't get your point. Maybe I'm being thick but it would be really helpful if you could spell it out.

Right now, I'm just fervently hoping that you aren't trying to suggest that in some way she deserved what happened...or perhaps that she should have expected something like that to happen...

Yes, I know this. But why is that relevant? I still don't get your point. Maybe I'm being thick but it would be really helpful if you could spell it out.

Right now, I'm just fervently hoping that you aren't trying to suggest that in some way she deserved what happened...or perhaps that she should have expected something like that to happen...

Once again she did not deserve what happened. However anyone with any shred of common sense would not still socialize(for lack of a better word) for someone who had just raped them. Arranged to go somewhere someone like that man wants you to go? Only bad would have came from it.

Put yourself in her position, you have just been raped. Would you message the guy on a social networking website and arrange to meet him?

Once again she did not deserve what happened. However anyone with any shred of common sense would not still socialize(for lack of a better word) for someone who had just raped them. Arranged to go somewhere someone like that man wants you to go? Only bad would have came from it.

Put yourself in her position, you have just been raped. Would you message the guy on a social networking website and arrange to meet him?

Put simply, having been raped I'd imagine there's every chance that she might not have been thinking straight...to put it mildly...

It doesn't matter what she did. She isn't responsible for anything that happened to her. The guy was a loony, a rapist and a criminal that ordered some other similarly evil git to chuck acid in her face. None of that is her fault, no matter how she well she did or did not 'handle' being bloody raped.

Just read an interview with her but it didnt go into detail on how she got the burns, what actually happened to her if someone would be kind and fill me in?

Put simply, having been raped I'd imagine there's every chance that she might not have been thinking straight...to put it mildly...

It doesn't matter what she did. She isn't responsible for anything that happened to her. The guy was a loony, a rapist and a criminal that ordered some other similarly evil git to chuck acid in her face. None of that is her fault, no matter how she well she did or did not 'handle' being bloody raped.

All of which she knew when she walked out the door the day it happened.

My dad told me about that yesterday, somebody Modiac?

chester copperpot
Just read an interview with her but it didnt go into detail on how she got the burns, what actually happened to her if someone would be kind and fill me in?

Had acid thrown into her face. Will be shown on Ch4.com in a day or 2

To be honest, its not about being raped. Its about having commonsense. If she had used some she may still have been getting her tits out in national mags to this day.

From the way I read it she was going out with him before he raped her.

It was a case of going to a hotel with a guy you were seeing for a special night out being too tired or not in the mood and him taking offense and showing his true self for the first time.

For anyone to insinuate that she somehow created the problem herself is offensive beyond belief. I'm sure there is every chance she was a stuck up little madam who fancied herself a bit but nobody deserves what happened to her.

To be honest, its not about being raped. Its about having commonsense. If she had used some she may still have been getting her tits out in national mags to this day.

How much common sense do you think you'd have if you'd been beaten up, raped and the guy who did it was threatening to kill you?

How much common sense do you think you'd have if you'd been beaten up, raped and the guy who did it was threatening to kill you?

Probably enough to know I shouldn't be speaking to the animal over Facebook.

It was a case of going to a hotel with a guy you were seeing for a special night out being too tired or not in the mood and him taking offense and showing his true self for the first time.

For anyone to insinuate that she somehow created the problem herself is offensive beyond belief. I'm sure there is every chance she was a stuck up little madam who fancied herself a bit but nobody deserves what happened to her.

Tazio, That is not what my point is. My point is after he revealed what he was really like after two weeks and raped the poor woman she should have severed all ties at the least if she did not want to report it to the authorities.

Tazio, That is not what my point is. My point is after he revealed what he was really like after two weeks and raped the poor woman she should have severed all ties at the least if she did not want to report it to the authorities.

And as RedM said women who have been raped in similiar situations go through a terrible range of emotions one of which is self blame. Believe it or not women who are raped in a situation where the rapist is someone they know will often wonder if it was their fault. Such a horrendous crime can and will completely destroy the victims sense of their own worth.

well put Tazio:2thumbsup:

And as RedM said women who have been raped in similiar situations go through a terrible range of emotions one of which is self blame. Believe it or not women who are raped in a situation where the rapist is someone they know will often wonder if it was their fault. Such a horrendous crime can and will completely destroy the victims sense of their own worth.

The Woman clearly stated she hardly knew the guy.

If only life was as simple as you seem to think it is.

Unless you have been raped you can not comment on what you think she should or should not have done, knowing 2 people who have been victims of this crime i can tell you that the mental scars remain for years and both of them have told me on separate occasions that they had know idea what they were doing for months after the attacks.

Archived