Good Weekend Hotel with Spa/Pool

Big D

Need to find one on the East Coast or North England for mid november. Don't want to break the bank before Xmas, but I would appreciate recommendations to keep the better 3/4 happy.

keith greenhill

I was there a couple of years ago GreigB.Lodges are brill with the four poster and sauna in it.The hot tub on the deckin is the business too.Although i thought the resort itself was a bit too quiet for me.Says you have to keep the noise down after 10pm!Aye righty.LOL

yeah im quite looking forward to it...taking the bird up for her birthday although her birthday was this month!

Is there much to do during the day near piperdam or....?

yeah im quite looking forward to it...taking the bird up for her birthday although her birthday was this month!

Was one of my first choices, but it's booked up around the 15th. Hence the panic. Heard it's really good.

Piper Dam lodges, near Dundee, excellent value and quality. Going there myself next week for the 4th time

Oops sorry. didnt see you had tried there already.

Old Course Hotel. St Andrews. Get breakfast on the top floor overlooking the Old Course. Couple if pints at the Jigger inn then a stroll along the West Sands.

Nucky Thompson

https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/travel/xvudm-durham-marriott-hotel-royal-county/?corporateCode=D60&toDate=22/11/09&fromDate=20/11/09&numberOfRooms=1&numberOfGuests=2

This is a really good hotel and is doing good DBB packages at the moment. I hadn't been to Durham till this year and now I've been four times. Lovely City.

keith greenhill

Not really Greig,the resort is a Deer Park type place surrounded by these big houses.There is a wee village with a nice pub for bar lunches and drinky pooze.There is a golf course and a fishing lake there as well.It is a nice place though.:10900:

keith greenhill

Big D you could have a look at the Broughty Ferry Hotel.They have a nice set up there with different styled rooms with spa baths in them.They have a really good Indian resturaunt that folk come to from surrounding areas coz its so good.The town has a few nice wee bars as well.

Booked this last week http://www.breamishvalley.co.uk/ in Northumberland.

Looks amazing.Someone on here mentioned it.I only paid ?180 for the Fri,Sat and Sun Night.Booked the near brow as it's just the 2 of us going but if more are going Hemmel House looks amazing with the views.Have a look.

Thanks all. Usually head up to Argyll, but we fancied the civilised coast this time. It's brownies in the bank for the festives fixtures.

The marine hotel in North Berwick is really nice, Spa complex is one of the best in Scotland and not too expensive, some cracking wee boozers in North berwick anaw. The hotel is right on the beach front with really good views over the forth.

Father Tiresias
Need to find one on the East Coast or North England for mid november. Don't want to break the bank before Xmas, but I would appreciate recommendations to keep the better 3/4 happy.

What's this all about then Big D?? Got yourself a woman then?? :hang:

Archived