Beans on toast - how do you eat yours

Jamboy81

Two white thick slices of toast (preferably Supertoastie)

1 tin of Beans & weanies

Grated cheese on top (Galloway)

One of the following sauces: BBQ Woodsmoke/ Reggae Reggae / Thai sweet chilli (i tend to operate a rotation policy)

Say What Again

Haven't had beans on toast in a long time but did buy Branston Pickle Beans in Morrisons the other day with the sole intention of having them on toast with cheese.

I heat the plate up so the beans dont go cold. Usually just have the beans on the plate and toast at the side. Then id put the beans on the toast myself before each chomp. I dont like pouring the beans on top because they make the toast all soggy and there is nothing worse than soggy toast in my opinion.

toast, melted cheese, beans, more cheese on top, worsecester sauce on top, stunning!!!

2 slices of toast (sometimes 3) with grated mature chedder, red onion and a cheeky wee smoked sausage chopped up on top. add a bit spicy sauce and its magic...

Johanes de Silentio

Try this one:

Microwave some washed and chopped mushrooms...

add some chopped washed tomatoes...

add some cubed cheese...

Nuke the mixture in the microwave...

pour the resultant orangey goo over toast spread with Lurpak...

get it ben ye...

die happy! :2thumbsup:

Beans must be done on the hob until they are slighty overcooked and the sauce dries up a bit, add some worchester and pepper and stir. Two slices of Plain Loaf with copious butter, carefully distribute beans over the top and devour.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

To make the perfect snack you must add Cheese to your Beans on Toast. Cheesy Beanos are amazing.

Much respect to the Home Economics department at Forrester High School for teaching me how to make this delicasy.

:smiley2:

Warburtons white bread preferably the heals, tin of Heinz beans over 1, fried egg with runny yolk on top of the beans, brown sauce on top of the egg then put the lid on..............Magic

blondejamtart
To make the perfect snack you must add Cheese to your Beans on Toast. Cheesy Beanos are amazing.

Much respect to the Home Economics department at Forrester High School for teaching me how to make this delicasy.

:smiley2:

Indeed - and I would add a generous dash of Lea & Perrins for that touch of sheer perfection!

Have to say though that Jed the Jedi's suggestion sounds pretty good too - although I'd leave off the 'lid'.

Well done toast non buttered (unless you're a fatty). Beans absolutely ****ing roasting with a dash of grated cheese.

Takes the skin off the roof of your mooth.

Sound.

Oh, and it has to be Heinz beans. Big point of contention with my wife that. Another argument that I won due to my blank can test.

I usually eat mean(in fact always)with the beans on top of the toast.

It's ****ing beans on toast for Christ sake

CORRECT!

2 slices of toast (sometimes 3) with grated mature chedder, red onion and a cheeky wee smoked sausage chopped up on top. add a bit spicy sauce and its magic...

It has to be a full smoked sausage though not a half like you get in a chippy!

I heat the plate up so the beans dont go cold. Usually just have the beans on the plate and toast at the side. Then id put the beans on the toast myself before each chomp. I dont like pouring the beans on top because they make the toast all soggy and there is nothing worse than soggy toast in my opinion.

I'm with you there, not had beans on toast for ages but i hate the beans on my toast as it goes all soggy...yuk got to have beans at the side:smiley2:

Johanes de Silentio

Toast on Beans! :2thumbsup:

Cheesy beans are good. Might have to have them for lunch tomorrow!

Beans have to be cooked for ages though, the sauce turns a lighter colour and they are nice and sticky!

Toast on beans! :2thumbsup:

my old neighbour used to have a "piece on jam".

he was wrong too.

Brown bread (usually Burgens Soya & Linseed)toasted then spread with Marmite & covered in beans. Finish with Black pepper

Johanes de Silentio
my old neighbour used to have a "piece on jam".

he was wrong too.

I've had many a piece on jam masel'!

And for the night's supper?

Toast on cheese! :2thumbsup:

As a student I consider myself as quite a refined cook who does not make beans on toast very often, however if times are tight, or there is nothing else in the house there is often nothing better than some good old beans on toast.

Toast (2-4 thick slices depending on hunger)

Butter (proper sruff not margarine - this can be substiuted with some nice cathedral cheese if in the mood/money/contents of fridge)

Heinz baked beans (cooked in a sauce-pan not in the microwave)

Woucester Sauce (to be added to the beans while cooking and another few splashes on the completed dish)

Chillie Powder (add this to the beans for a bit of a kick if you are that was inclined)

Toast and beans to be kept separate for the duration of the meal and must be brought together manually before each bite.

Top notch - any time of the day.

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Rectal cancer?

Watch out the Easily Offended Bus will be along in a minute and someone who's mother's sister's granny's mother's window cleaner died of rectal cancer will get off

Regal Kingston

I like my beans in the can and my bread in the basket.

Peasant food that turns the air broon.

Have you not seen Blazing Saddles?

From bottom to top -

White Toast X 2 rounds , medium rare (if its possible to use that terminology for toast!?)

A really generous slab of lurpak

Heinz beans, always, and done on hob pref

1 or 2 poached eggs

A generous sprinkle of grated cathederal city.

Always eaten while watching tele, never eaten at the dining table!

Archived