Jimmy Carr - Too Far?

BigC

The Mighty Thor

Is that the engine of the easily offended bus i hear?

I went to see him earlier this year. That's at the tame end of his spectrum.

InNothingWeTrust

I wouldn't say it's too far by Jimmy Carr, but by the folk who have complained. People need to learn to take a joke.

Not a fan of Jimmy Carr. The only way he can make people laugh is by being offensive and doesn't have any other kind of joke. Most aren't even funny. That joke isn't funny (fair enough, it was said by the reporter, but I can't see it being that funny).

People who are offended are just seeking attention.

Regal Kingston
I thought it was f****** funny. If squaddies are too soft to take that joke, I don't want them representing my country.

Most squaddies would have a chuckle at that. Its those middle England ****ers/Bored housewives/unemployed idiots with nothing better to do with their time who feel offended FOR the squaddies that are the problem

Jimmy Carr has said he will do some gigs to raise money for army charities which is a great gesture.

I wonder who next weeks target will be.

Du Beke

Dannii Minogue

Jimmy Carr

Its getting truly outrageous.

Found it funny.

What I hate is the media getting all angry about this.... How many pedophilia jokes go without this level of attention?

Commander Harris
Most squaddies would have a chuckle at that. Its those middle England ****ers/Bored housewives/unemployed idiots with nothing better to do with their time who feel offended FOR the squaddies that are the problem

Jimmy Carr has said he will do some gigs to raise money for army charities which is a great gesture.

I wonder who next weeks target will be.

Du Beke

Dannii Minogue

Jimmy Carr

Its getting truly outrageous.

Acey knows fine well who is and isn't getting offended here.

I saw Carr at the Festival Theartre at throughout his show he kept insinutating that his 'wife' was about 12 years old. That would be much more offencesive han this one liner.

Thankfully none of the knicker twisters were at the Jerry Sadowitz gig at the Playhouse at the end of the Fringe this year.

Pyres would be getting built and nooses knotted as we speak.

If you can't laugh at life then go get a life.

Not in the best of taste but neither were the Stephen Gately/Michael Jackson/Jade Goody jokes and they all made me laugh.

Too many people with too much time on their hands are too easily offended these days

Jimmy Carr is funny, not all of his stuff offensive, not at all.

This joke is tame and is reasonably funny.

Not newsworthy, storm in a teacup.

i had a squaddie tell me that exact joke aaaaaaages ago!

i think the commander maybe had a bit of a point when he suggests it was maybe poor judgement when we have lost so many soldiers lately BUT almost every squaddie, crab or matelot i know would laugh at that

mountains and molehills spring to mind

soldiers know the job they do could have a not so pretty end and put themselves literally, in the firing line, and develop a very black humour.

i agree its sweetiewives and such that are probably offended on their behalf, as so often happens with stuff like this

Commander Harris
Jimmy Carr blows... always has. Not funny in the slightiest.

i used to think the same based on his tv presenting but his standup show is genius imo. imo he's only bettered by Tim Vine in terms of one liners.

I've never been a soldier but I am an amputee, i've lost a leg and my little toe but not my sense of humour. So could the PC brigade GTF and don't be offended for me, and think you know better than me, that offends me. By the way Jimmy Car is still crap but that joke is so old

either everything is ok to be poked fun at, or nothing is. carr isnt very funny, but he's well within his rights.

Archived