Bank Fraud

Sterling Archer

Sterling Archer

Just went onto my online account and noticed two random transactions during the last month, one to o2 for 30quid and another to Civil Enforcement ltd for 150quid.

I've phoned the bank and had my card cancelled but the card's never been out of my possession, anyone else had a similar experience and got any advice on how to deal with it.

Civil Enforcements a private parking company and so hopefully they'll be able to give the police the registration no of the car that the ticket was for.

I'm just really ****ed off about the whole thing :mad:

Exact same thing happened to me last month. Two seprate payments to mobile phone companies taken from my account. It looked like someone was buying top up cards with my card.

Called up the bank who cancelled my Visa and sent me a fraud form to fill in. They said they would try and track down the persons responsible but i never heard anything, but they were very prompt in reimbursing me.

Bungalow Bill

I had a fraudulent transaction on my account for ?30 from Orange Pay as you go. Phoned RBS and they refunded the money immediately and sent me a form to fill in. They said it was a common.

I had a fraudulent transaction on my account for ?30 from Orange Pay as you go. Phoned RBS and they refunded the money immediately and sent me a form to fill in. They said it was a common.

happened to me on saturday. Waiting on call from RBS Fraud Squad to see whats happening

Someone tried to use my card to the sum of ?1100 a few weeks back, Alliance & Leicester Fraud Squad phoned me to confirm it wasnt me, which was nice!

Miller Jambo 60

They said it was common, well that really fills me with confidence.

What is it with banks, that they seem to struggle with customer care or care for the customer.

If its not money going missing through dodgy transactions its high bank charges.

Do they ever get anything right.

Doug.

The fraudsters get your details from your card by way of a divice they put on cash machines. Once they have your details they input the details into a device that continully over over again attempts to purchase mobile top ups.

It enters pin or the last 3 numbers on the back of your card over and over again and on the odd occasion it gets ot right. Must be a program or something. Happened to me a few times over the last couple of years.

Funny you should mention that. Edinburgh Council take about ?130 out of my account every month, and I'm buggered if I can figure out what it's for!

My son had ?2700 taken from his ISA after xmas last year,and he hasn't to get a penny back.The bank said straight away they knew it was fraud because T mob had taken ?2 and put it back in,and this always shows up on fraud.As the fraudsters phone a company for a new phone and they take out ?2 and return once its been accepted as this shows the card has money and is valid

So make sure folks there isn't a phone taken out in you're name.

Just had an automated message from the RBS telling me to ring a number about suspicious activity on my account, the message was a bit ropey but called it anyway.

They asked if i had a authorised a transaction for ?30 to vodafone, which I had not, so they said they need to send me out a form to get the money back (although when I go in to my online banking the transaction hasn't came off my account yet, but there is ?30 pending to come off). They also said they have cancelled my card and a new one will be with me in 3 to 5 working days.

?960 fraudulently taken off my credit card via paypal about 3 weeks ago. Fortunately I got it back from them (Paypal that is).

Phone the police, phone the credit card company and check your statements regularly - thats the best advice I can give / you might want to think about regular credit checks as well......the fraudsters have been known to take loans out in victims names which will leave your credit rating in tatters.

Also, avoid paypal at all costs, their security is utter pish poor ****e. They sent me an e-mail telling me that an unauthorised third party had accessed my account but they never thought to stop the payment going through. They did feck all about it until I started shouting at them.

Not a nice experience.

Archived