Driving Licence Rhoto Renewal?

Grendel

Do you know that you need to renew the photograph on your driving licence every 10 years. If not,you are unwittingly breaking the law and could end up in court.

Many people are being caught out because they do not know they have to do it. To find out when your photo is due for renewal look at your licence and on the front under section 4b it gives the date you need to renew.

Now here is the bad news. It will cost you ?20 to do this.

Do you know that you need to renew the photograph on your driving licence every 10 years. If not,you are unwittingly breaking the law and could end up in court.

Many people are being caught out because they do not know they have to do it. To find out when your photo is due for renewal look at your licence and on the front under section 4b it gives the date you need to renew.

I've still got the old style driving licence...No Photo on it!! :2thumbsup:

I received a renewal notice through the post last month to tell me i had to do this, i'm presuming everyone needing to renew will receive notification:smiley2:

blondejamtart

Same here - I thought I was the only one who still had one of those! :10900:

Same here, mind you it's held together with sellotape after a trip down the lavvy and a trip or two in the washing machine. :10900:

Miller Jambo 60
Same here, mind you it's held together with sellotape after a trip down the lavvy and a trip or two in the washing machine. :10900:

You have a CLEAN license then:2thumbsup:

Get my coat.

Doug.

Yet another thing that is gripping my scheidt... got the letter through from the DVLA the day after the letter from HBOS about the changes overdraft charges.

Am assuming that everyone will get a letter as their photocard times-out

Make sure when you do renew it, you don't send it in too early.

As they won't back date it. So if you send it in 2 months early, you'll only get the equivalent of 9 years and 10 months on your new one.

It not as if your mug is going to change much in 2 months!

I received a renewal notice through the post last month to tell me i had to do this, i'm presuming everyone needing to renew will receive notification:smiley2:

The DVLA only send out the one notification, and to the name/address they have on record. It's expected that thousands will have moved house and/or got married without notifying the DVLA. While that has always been an offence in theory, you had to be seriously unlucky to be convicted, now many more of these thousands will be "caught" and fined.

Same here, and I don't plan to renew it to the new style until they make it compulsary and if they do then they cannot charge for it.

Same here, and I don't plan to renew it to the new style until they make it compulsary and if they do then they cannot charge for it.

think they are trying to make it so.

Chaka Demus & pliers
The DVLA only send out the one notification, and to the name/address they have on record. It's expected that thousands will have moved house and/or got married without notifying the DVLA. While that has always been an offence in theory, you had to be seriously unlucky to be convicted, now many more of these thousands will be "caught" and fined.

One of these letters was delivered to my house last week. The strange thing is I have not notified the DVLA of my change of address. In fact my road tax I bought online just last month was delivered to my parents address where I lived until last year.

CavySlaveJambo

my theory test pass cert and provisional lisence run out within 2 months of each other.

It is a good excuse to stick to public transport...

Jambof3tornado

They have been trying to change the law to force everyone to get these new photo ones for a good while now.

Rip off britain once again!!!

Same here,my licence is from 1987 and very sentimental.

Archived