Playing for the jersey - how long ago?

Professor.Arturo

Professor.Arturo

Out of our current line up we have, Thompson, Wallace, Driver and Ruben who IMO actually play for the jersey, the rest are imposters and wage thiefs.

How far back do you need to go to find the whole team playing for the jersey?

I dont think very far, only back to the JJ/Levein management era, so what has gone so horribly wrong since then? Some would say the amount of foreign players now but I dont buy that, you only need to look at guys like Flogel, Adam, Salvatori etc who gave 100% every game, even Kisnorbo, by no means world class but he gave everything whenever he played, and not forgetting 'The Moose'.

Whats happened since then, and is it only us?

Francis Albert

Jose has been an imposter and wage thief this season?

A few wins to build some confidence will make a lot of difference to some of the others.

I was at the derby on 1/1/73 and can assure the appearance of non-triers isn't exactly new.

Professor.Arturo
Jose has been an imposter and wage theif this season?

Fair do's I'll give Jose credit as well, he does work hard.

Professor.Arturo

A few wins to build some confidence will make a lot of difference to some of the others.

I was at the derby on 1/1/73 and can assure the appearance of non-triers isn't exactly new.

So was I, fortunately being only 12 at the time, there with my Grandad I was not left mentally scarred for a while. The one day Cruckie decided to get sick, lucky white heather!

My definition of 'playing for the jersey' is that the player grew up dreaming of playing for Hearts and show maximum effort when given the opportunity. I'm only aware of Stewart, Black and J. Thomson who were brought up as Jambos and the latter two have given their all when given the chance. Stewart blew it by signing for Hibs as far as I'm concerned and despite what many think, I think his effort levels are either zero or hundred percent and nothing in between.

Many of the current lot will not have heard of Hearts before they signed for us and most would jump at the chance to sign for one of the Old Firm.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

The sad fact is, money rules these days and players only look out for number one. There is no loyalty, no "playing for the jersey" and anyone who thinks the players care half as much as we supporters is kidding themselves.

I still love football, but I'm starting to hate footballers.

loveofthegame

He's been much better this season- but since we signed him would you say he has been worth ?8000 a week?! More of a wage thief than many others i'd say.

His contract is up at the end of the season and there is obviously not a chance we will renew it- he is therefore playing to put himself in the shop window so he can get his next big fat contract.

He has been MUCH improved this season, but does he care a jot about Hearts?! Does he ****.

Archived