Alloy wheel help?

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

I'm about at my wits end with one of my alloy wheels for the Mondeo. I've got a flat spot on it and the tyre pressure keeps dropping down to 20psi, and I need to pump the tyre up almost every other day.

I tried to order a new one and the Ford garage couldn't even find the type at first, and then when they finally did manage to locate it they wanted ?266 for it fitted :21:

Feck that I thought, there must be other ones out there somwhere not being used in good nick, but photos of my alloy emailed to almost every scrappy in the UK has thrown up nothing at all, and every place I ask to fix the problem state they don't do it.

Has anyone any ideas?

I did think about getting 2 cheaper second hand alloys and putting them on one side of the car, with the 2 original different ones on the other side :D

Not try thomsons back in old gala town might be cheaper getting 4 alloys from them . Or go out late at night find one similar jack it up and its yours.

The Old Tolbooth
Not try thomsons back in old gala town might be cheaper getting 4 alloys from them . Or go out late at night find one similar jack it up and its yours.

Heh heh heh, you can take the boy out of Gala :10900:

Thomsons was the first place I tried mate, I've dealt with them hundreds of times and never been let down, but they hadn't any in stock sadly.

I have the same problem with my Audi alloy continues to loose pressure

every week to about 20. I asked budget to have a look an they said your

alloy needs re coated its the only way to fix it , or a new one of course.

They said to take it to kwik fit or whatever its called now down at piershill

they re coat them for ?40 approx. Ive not had mines done yet but will have to get it fixed before the winter kicks in.

Miller Jambo 60

they re coat them for ?40 approx. Ive not had mines done yet but will have to get it fixed before the winter kicks in.

I take it sandblasting is a no no for alloys.

The Old Tolbooth
look on ebay. I got 4 vw golf alloys plus tyres(bout 3 to 5mm of tread) for ?120!

That's really good, probably charge another ?200 for delivery though knowing the crooks on there :D

Alloys for a mondeo...this can mean only one thing.

John Mitchells car.

Heh heh I've been rumbled!!

main.jpg

Cheers for that BB, I'll give them a ring and see what they say as I'm at my wits end now at what to do. :2thumbsup:

John I think newlife tyres do an alloy wheel refurbishment for sometning like 50quid, but I can't see any details on their website, be worth giving them a bell.

Anyway you shouldn't let Linda drive the Mondeo :biglaugh:

Jambof3tornado
That's really good, probably charge another ?200 for delivery though knowing the crooks on there :D

Cheers for that BB, I'll give them a ring and see what they say as I'm at my wits end now at what to do. :2thumbsup:

only ?40 for delivery so certainly no rip off when you feel the weight of 4 tyres and alloys!!!

You have to watch for a few weeks to see what ones are decent deals though,some are right duff heaps of dog dirt!!!:smiley2:

The Old Tolbooth
This is a pic of his tyre:smiley2:

Cheers for that hun, I thought it was still the old photobucket which hasn't worked for donkeys on here. :2thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
iv got a set of smart alloys that came from a mondeo for sale if your interested?

Are the 5 bolt ones? Also how much you looking for them and do you have pics?

Archived