State of your online betting account

BoJack Horseman

What is the status of your online betting account?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is the status of your online betting account?

• Profit
    • Loss
    • Evens

BoJack Horseman

I'm not a big better, I play with a little money now and again and was just having a look at what kind of state of account was in.

I have a few, but looking purely at my betfair account, over two cards I have;

Deposited: ?120

Withdrawn: ?185.38

Giving me a profit of ?65.38.

I was pretty pleased with that, and wondered who else was in profit on their accounts. I'll stick a wee poll just to determine profit/loss but you can post the exact figures below.

Carl Spackler

Very occasional punter. Probably deposited ?100 to ?150 in over the last 5 years.

About ?500 in winnings. About ?100 lost. ?200 withdrawn, About ?200 on account which you just reminded me I had. Cheers!

Nothing to do with online bookies, but i just had a wee bonus there. Went to bookies tonight to collect my ?30 winnings from a ?1 sunday football bet, put on a ?1 slip for tonights games and a wee 50p tri-cast on the 5.17 at Swindon (the next race at the time), bleeding traps failed and race was delayed.

Just checked on line and it finished 3-6-1 at 60/1 for the tricast, another ?30 to me.:10900:

The maximum I bet is a tenner a week. I do it around 4 times a month. I've had a Ladbrokes account for about 6 months, and I've won three times.

Safe to say I'm down.

The bookies keep stats themselves. In the long term there are zero punters in profit. A few may make a short-term gain but long-term (i.e. over lots of bets) the bookies always win. The maths is against them.

Got it, I'm minus about ?137 since January, however I somehow managed to spend about ?60 in the space of a week once I turned 18 apparently. No memory of this.

I seemed to go through a long spell of deposits without any withdrawls. Herein lies the problem.

However in teh last couple of months I have been winning a lot of cash. It was up to minus ?200 at one point so I'm feeling the luck just now. Long may it continue.

Since opening last weeks Betfair account I am ?30 up. Around evens from my Hills account but that was largely due to poker. Laying Aberdeen at 3.95 just now.

Plus about ?2,500 since January, mainly on blackjack, but had a few coupons up as well. Given up in the past few months as I have got into a habit of expecting to win and putting silly bets on.

i've got around 50 betting accounts so it would be impossible to say which were up and which were down. combined though, a very big plus

my betfair account is up by loads due to matching bets that were designed to lose at the bookies and win on the lay.

used to do arbs so 2 out of 3 bets i made would lose but the one that would come in left me in profit.

Word of warning to any young person reading this. NEVER, EVER open an online betting account. It is the quick way to the poor house, especially if you are young and nieve and im talking from experience.

Archived