Dent in Car - Repair

va va voom

Yesterday, I was stupid enough to put a dent in the side of my car by running it down the side of a gate, (no I am not a woman driver). Just wondering if anybody could recommend a garage that can fix the dents and repair some paint damage as well.

Obviously without seeing does anybody have any idea of what sort of cost I am looking at. Its a Clio that I have.

Thanks

But it was a woman driving the gate...yeah?

and sorry - not able to help on the repair estimate front.

jambos are go!

Dr Vynl in a wee industrial estate off Great Junction Street nearly opposite the Leith Hospital do a decent job at a good price in my experience.

Thanks guys. I am going to try Dr Vynl and Wilowbrae Coach Works as well as someone else that somebody told me about.

the jambo poet

let me know how u get on ....my wife also ran a wall down the side of ours...Renault Megane....must've been shakin her butt....right down the back door...I could get a new back door but not sure if there's still scrappy's around etc...anyone any ideas?....would it be cheaper to get it fixed or get a new/used back door...altho colour matching may be a prob plus the windows are electric...are these easy to fit?

let me know how u get on ....my wife also ran a wall down the side of ours...Renault Megane....must've been shakin her butt....right down the back door...I could get a new back door but not sure if there's still scrappy's around etc...anyone any ideas?....would it be cheaper to get it fixed or get a new/used back door...altho colour matching may be a prob plus the windows are electric...are these easy to fit?

If you're prepared to do the work, then Sports Car Breakers out at Newbridge are your best bet. They always seem to have a decent range of cars. Alternatively, you could get breakersyard or some similar website to search for the door. Delivery will cost you a fair bit though. Pretty sure the leccy windows will be simple enough, providing you get another door with the bits already in!

Thanks guys. I am going to try Dr Vynl and Wilowbrae Coach Works as well as someone else that somebody told me about.

Let us know if Dr Vinyl is still open - my other half used to use them - always a brilliant job but last time he went it had been closed for a few months and he wasn't sure if it was permanently closed. If still in business then it's a thumbs up from us for Dr V!!

Funny this i was just bout to start a thread for this.

My dads car was recently hit Toyota Celica M Reg (1994) the only damage however is the drivers door he is going to need a new one. any idea on how much these doors are going for? how much to get one fitted? sprayed if needed?

cheers

I don't think Dr Vinyl is open anymore. Tried the number and I it said that number no longer existed.

should have mentioned as well - I recently had some work done by Altered Image in Bonnyrigg, it was a horrible dent in the wing of my car caused by the pipes that go round the trolley parks in sainsbury's. He done a really good job, and also fixed a repair that hadn't been done well by someone else in the past.

worth giving him a bell - Altered Image

Dalhousie Business Park

Carrington Road

Bonnyrigg, Midlothian, EH19 3HY

0131 660 1492

http://www.alteredimage.co.uk

the jambo poet
If you're prepared to do the work, then Sports Car Breakers out at Newbridge are your best bet. They always seem to have a decent range of cars. Alternatively, you could get breakersyard or some similar website to search for the door. Delivery will cost you a fair bit though. Pretty sure the leccy windows will be simple enough, providing you get another door with the bits already in!

cheers for the info....are any of these sites on the web with updated info on what they have?...yeah I know it's a longshot !!!...but we're Jambos!!!

:10900:

Can i join the club here - my partner May wasn't feeling too great couple weeks ago - drove out the drive at home, took a sneezing fit and ran into back of my Toyota Rav 4 - minor damage to her Nissan Nolte but nice dent in back of mine - didn't tell me at the time she did it, she drove up to our caravan in Arbroath and phoned me 5/6hours later when i was at work and yeah still love her, more fool me - just need car fixed but West Lothian garages please :2thumbsup:

cheers for the info....are any of these sites on the web with updated info on what they have?...yeah I know it's a longshot !!!...but we're Jambos!!!

:10900:

Try http://www.breakeryard.com . Just put in the part you need and they'll get back to you with quotes. Don't think the place at Newbridge have a website, but might be worth a look. Only trouble is you need to remove the parts yourself!

Yesterday, I was stupid enough to put a dent in the side of my car by running it down the side of a gate, (no I am not a woman driver). Just wondering if anybody could recommend a garage that can fix the dents and repair some paint damage as well.

Obviously without seeing does anybody have any idea of what sort of cost I am looking at. Its a Clio that I have.

Thanks

I wouldn't tell Mum or Jenna for a start.

p.s. you're an idiot.

Archived