World's Largest Pyramid Discovered, Lost Mayan City Of Mirador Guatemala

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

watch?v=voY8jNcuGe8

Well, pre dates the arrival of the Spanish , Mayan history will have to be revised and massive in volume and depicts creation before any Christian religion did. Should be very interesting because of the latter and what else they find out.

its an awesome discovery. not sure its good for the mayan people though, as their descendants are very secretive and i'm sure there are many other sites that haven't been disclosed. i think they have good reason for not letting the cat out the bag

Well, pre dates the arrival of the Spanish , Mayan history will have to be revised and massive in volume and depicts creation before any Christian religion did. Should be very interesting because of the latter and what else they find out.

Christianity doesn't have any creation story, it associates itself with the Jewish creation story found in the Old Testament in Genesis. Traditionally written by Moses about 1450 BC or 1100 years before this Mayan find.

The video is very interesting, but not because it predates Christianity's creation account. That's total nonsense, you just made it up.

Christianity doesn't have any creation story, it associates itself with the Jewish creation story found in the Old Testament in Genesis. Traditionally written by Moses about 1450 BC or 1100 years before this Mayan find.

The video is very interesting, but not because it predates Christianity's creation account. That's total nonsense, you just made it up.

i'm not sure, but i think the point was that it predates any possible christian interference in the mayan story in the same was as it did with, say, our understanding of pagan culture.

i'm not sure, but i think the point was that it predates any possible christian interference in the mayan story in the same was as it did with, say, our understanding of pagan culture.

Ah, my apologies, I misunderstood ML's point I think.

:stuart:

maroonlegions

Correct, our understandings of this culture BEFORE any Christian interference in the Mayan histories, cultures and belief systems, that was my point.

I thought the world's largest Pyramid was on JKB?

:10900:

Not sure what this all means. How can this just have been discovered? Fair enough there will be stuff at the bottom of the ocean when have yet to have found but surely there will be thousands of peopel who will have known about this before hand?

maroonlegions

Talking of "making things up" and total nonsense,:smiley2: look no further than the bible and that fundamental Christians actually believe that the world is 12,000 YEARS OLD. As Bill Hicks once said people who actually believe this, "DINOSAURS".:2thumbsup:

Sorry but as i have explained in another post my point was before ANY Christian interference on the history of this Mayan civilisation. Should have made myself clearer and i apologise for not doing so.:th_o:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=2af_1175657552

bill_hicks_on_creation.jpg

view?i=2af_1175657552

maroonlegions
"discovered" is a bit of a ropey term. they've been working on this site for years.

True but then they discovered and confirmed that it was indeed what they where working on so discovered is appropriate , well that's my take on it but i see your point though.

hmmm... watched a documentary made a good few years back when I was on the bus from Coba a couple of months ago & they knew what it was then. sounds better for the news report I guess.

fascinating people the Mayans mind :)

hmmm... watched a documentary made a good few years back when I was on the bus from Coba a couple of months ago & they knew what it was then. sounds better for the news report I guess.

fascinating people the Mayans mind :)

This has been known about for many years, including its size and provenance. There is nothing new. Just cos CNN made a story about it does not mean it has been "discovered".

Agree the Mayans were some people though.

This has been known about for many years, including its size and provenance. There is nothing new. Just cos CNN made a story about it does not mean it has been "discovered".

Agree the Mayans were some people though.

Used to work with a couple of Mayans.

A great bunch of lads.

Not sure where they disappeared off to.

The story they are telling just doesn't sit for me. I have visited a few Mayan pyramids and sites in Belize, the oldest of which is Cahal Pech which dates back to 900bc. There are hundreds of sites out there waiting to be "discovered" but due to financial constraints they will not be excavated unless they hold some relevance or wow factor to attract tourists. A bit sad really.

The Mayan people are great people, probably some of the nicest genuine people I have met and are allways open to explain there culture to people who are interested.

Archived