Wishbone Ash last night

grumpyjambo

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else there?

Another night of classic rock with a superb support act in Chantelle McGregor

hee hee.............I was too embarrassed to post this Topic myself :curtain:

Have to say I was a bit disappointed, having seen the band at Lochgelly ( ya hoor sir etc etc ) every year since about 2000

Felt the Pat McManus chap was being squeezed in just a tad too much to be honest

Anyway, that Microbrewery's stuff is an acquired taste

I was there also and enjoyed it to be honest.

And,whilst I agree that there was too much of Pat McManus esp with electric guitar his accompanying of Andy Powell with the electric fiddle was pretty good, he should have done more of that rather, than try and join in on electric guitar on classic Ash tracks where, I think, experience is required.

Much long gray hair/baldness to be seen, but I wonder how many senior Lawers, Medical and even Policemen were in the audience, after all most folk who were followers when Ash were in their heyday would have been going through university and would now be in the senior positions of their relative professions. And as they say, well I do anyway, once a prog-rock fan always a prog-rock fan. You might like other genres of music classical/folk/pop/jazz as you get older but you never forget your first love.........

My mum and my dad went, apparently when they left there wasa guy in a zoomer frame infront of them, and this is not actually me takin the p**s

My mum and my dad went, apparently when they left there wasa guy in a zoomer frame infront of them, and this is not actually me takin the p**s

That was probably one of the band :th_o:

Yeah I saw the guy in question, he seemed to be thoroughly enjoying himself, so good on him!

I reckon if you can last 40+ years in the rock business without doing yourself some kind of irrepairable harm you are more than likely not need mechanical assistance.

Archived