Vlad's signing policy

Robbo27_22

Firstly, I don't think Csaba has had a say in any bar one - Obua. And quite frankly, it scares me that one day, Vlad might allow him to sign more of his players.

Vlad has made it clear in the summer that he wasn't willing to sanction anymore players - a real blow considering the people we really needed weren't recruited at that point. I went on till I was blue in the face over our pre season that we needed folk up top as our forwards were humpty but the vast majority were happy to put their faith in what we had.

We were crying out for one striker at least - an attacking centre mid would have been great too. We are just far too flat this year. Rueben does a good enough job but he's just not got the instinct to get forward. One we can live with. However, Stewart thinks he is a passer. I don't think he is and our performances would seem to back that up. The other side is, we don't have the movement up top for that to work either.

I think Vlad plays a numbers game with his signings - he can sign more defenders and midfielders under the 451 set up and that gives him a better chance of moving some on for a fee.

It's a horrible situation.

It`s puzzled everyone to why Vlad wouldn`t even sanction a move for ONE striker.

Also, you must ask why players like Nade and Kingston (and any others i`ve missed) who simply weren`t stepping up to the plate , were moved on or efforts were made to?

Was this Vlad telling Csaba he had to stick with it no matter what? Or did Csaba actually rate Nade?

Again, we just fecked about pre season and never done what we should have.

Firstly, I don't think Csaba has had a say in any bar one - Obua. And quite frankly, it scares me that one day, Vlad might allow him to sign more of his players.

Vlad has made it clear in the summer that he wasn't willing to sanction anymore players - a real blow considering the people we really needed weren't recruited at that point. I went on till I was blue in the face over our pre season that we needed folk up top as our forwards were humpty but the vast majority were happy to put their faith in what we had.

We were crying out for one striker at least - an attacking centre mid would have been great too. We are just far too flat this year. Rueben does a good enough job but he's just not got the instinct to get forward. One we can live with. However, Stewart thinks he is a passer. I don't think he is and our performances would seem to back that up. The other side is, we don't have the movement up top for that to work either.

I think Vlad plays a numbers game with his signings - he can sign more defenders and midfielders under the 451 set up and that gives him a better chance of moving some on for a fee.

Disagree. Balogh is clearly a Csaba signing given his nationality if nothing else. Bouzid has a playing background in Germany where Laszlo has connections and Laszlo openly admitted to scouting Suso. The only VR signings this summer were Witteveen, Kucharski and Cinikas..hence their limited game time.

The Old Tolbooth

That part for me is nonsense because Vlad came out and stated that there was funds there for at least 2 strikers, and that of the 10 or so strikers that Csaba had presented to him, not one of them were suitable for Hearts, yet Vlad brings in Witeveen :hang:

Now, who knows i Csaba presented 10 strikers to Vlad or not, and who knows about the cost of bringing in said strikers etc, or the availability of them, but one things for sure in my mind, and that is that Vlad clearly doesn't trust Csaba to spend wisely on a striker, which is rather ironic given that pish that Vlad has showered us with in the past.

The Mighty Thor

I said it on another thread;

Given the quality of what Laszlo has signed would you give him ?1m to spend on a striker.

I wouldn't.

If Nade is rated then it's only another reason for me to doubt Csaba. Kingston has burnt his bridges - who was going to sign him for a fee after his season last year?

We are overloaded with dross - Thomson, Wallace, Zal and Jose are a decent defence. Kello would be my preferred goalie on this year performances. That in theory would be a better than average backline.

Driver is a given. Rueben would do a good enough job but I still yearn for Brellier or someone like him. Suso has his probs but he's a mile better than Miko so if we are going 451 then two places left. I would not have Stewart anywhere near the team let alone an insult to all our previous captains. Kingston would be the next best option and he's hardly set the place on fire. Glen in the hole as not physical enough to do one up top. Nade is ****e and Witteveen is out of his depth.

In short, we're struggling for the rest of the year as I reall don't think we'll get what we need in January.

I said it on another thread;

Given the quality of what Laszlo has signed would you give him ?1m to spend on a striker.

I wouldn't.

Neither would I.

He's got a terrible eye for a player. What he see's in some player's is worrying!

That part for me is nonsense because Vlad came out and stated that there was funds there for at least 2 strikers, and that of the 10 or so strikers that Csaba had presented to him, not one of them were suitable for Hearts, yet Vlad brings in Witeveen :hang:

QUOTE]

And you believe everything Vlad says?

Seymour M Hersh

You are totally wrong there. Of the 6 signings this summer only 1 was a VR signing. Direct from a coach at Riccarton. They (the coaches) don't know which one was VR's.

For what its worth I think our problems are not necessarily all about a lack of good strikers. The system we play, with one man up front, is one which is adopted by a large number of teams, most of whom are much better than we are playing in much more competitive leagues. Our problems stem from a lack of good midfield players, able to link up quickly with the front men and to feed decent balls into them. Csaba's team formations however leave a lot to be desired and to play with five men across the back at home against the worst team in the league gave us exactly the result we deserved yesterday.

You are totally wrong there. Of the 6 signings this summer only 1 was a VR signing. Direct from a coach at Riccarton. They (the coaches) don't know which one was VR's.

I bow down to your superior inside knowledge. However, it just reinforces that Csaba's signings are alarmingly rank!

Seymour M Hersh
I bow down to your superior inside knowledge. However, it just reinforces that Csaba's signings are alarmingly rank!

No need to bow to anything I happen to have a mate who's a coach. And you're right it is really worrying that he continues to play seriously under performing players every week.

No need to bow to anything I happen to have a mate who's a coach. And you're right it is really worrying that he continues to play seriously under performing players every week.

I was being genuine - it's nice to know somebody does have a contact in the club.

Used to like getting titbits under previous regimes but it seemed to die out when Vlad arrived. Cold war thing I guess!

IMO, Kucharski.

Not having a go mate but this doesn't sound right to me. Ok you have a mate who's a coach, but doesn't know which player was VR's. Now how does he know only one was, if he doesn't know which one. That also means he doesn't know which were Csaba's either. Also if he is a coach what is his excuse for poor performances( he must take some of the blame, no?)

The Old Tolbooth

And you believe everything Vlad says?

I wouldn't trust the man as far as I could throw him if I'm being honest, but why would he say there were funds available for 2 strikers if there wasn't?

Unless it was all to undermine Csaba.

The pair of them need their heads banging together, but as long as vlads in charge then I see nothing improving on the playing field, and as long as Csaba's manager then I see no funds for a striker being given to him to spend as Vlad clearly doesn't trust him.

winston churchill
My guess is that

Obua, Balogh, Bouzid, Black and Suso = Csaba.

Kucharski, Witteveen, Kello, Cinikas = Vlad.

i agree apart from big bad bouzid is also a vlad pick.

I wouldn't trust the man as far as I could throw him if I'm being honest, but why would he say there were funds available for 2 strikers if there wasn't?

Unless it was all to undermine Csaba.

The pair of them need their heads banging together, but as long as vlads in charge then I see nothing improving on the playing field, and as long as Csaba's manager then I see no funds for a striker being given to him to spend as Vlad clearly doesn't trust him.

Nail, Head, Hit!

Going by what Seymour has been saying then I think Vlad has twigged that Csaba really doesn't have an eye for a signing. Good coach, bad manager syndrome.

My take on it is: Vlad is skint and couldn't afford a player like Lee Miller.

Right now, Csaba has to look at the squad, look at his system and see that they don't work together.

That part of it is nothing to do with Vlad (I hope!)

Torres in our current system would struggle to score.

The Old Tolbooth
Nail, Head, Hit!

Going by what Seymour has been saying then I think Vlad has twigged that Csaba really doesn't have an eye for a signing. Good coach, bad manager syndrome.

I stated this on another thread mate, but what I think is happening now is that were in a stand off period between Csaba and Vlad, Vlad doesn't want to sack him because he would need to pay him for the remiander of his contract, and Csaba doesn't want to walk because he wants paid.

Who will be the first to crack?

Seymour M Hersh
IMO, Kucharski.

Good call and if Csaba is not playing him out of spite and to make a point to VR then it's a further black mark against him as a manager (imo).

Maybe the sack for saba is the only way to rescue the season. He ain't going to change 451 and he doesn't seem to be able to solve our scoring issues with what he has.

Seymour M Hersh
Not having a go mate but this doesn't sound right to me. Ok you have a mate who's a coach, but doesn't know which player was VR's. Now how does he know only one was, if he doesn't know which one. That also means he doesn't know which were Csaba's either. Also if he is a coach what is his excuse for poor performances( he must take some of the blame, no?)

I guess it's accepted that 5 were CL's and one was a gift. I'm sure there is an inner circle that do know. Who are you suggesting should take responsibility for the performances? My mate?

My guess is that

Obua, Balogh, Bouzid, Black and Suso = Csaba.

Kucharski, Witteveen, Kello, Cinikas = Vlad.

Csaba wins just.

Terrible collection of players though.

2 players to go in Jan.

One almost certainly to be a CH - I would imagine this to be Jose due to form and out of contract.

Source - someone at Club.

2 players to go in Jan.

One almost certainly to be a CH - I would imagine this to be Jose due to form and out of contract.

Source - someone at Club.

I'd imagine the other one will be Driver.

Maybe the sack for saba is the only way to rescue the season. He ain't going to change 451 and he doesn't seem to be able to solve our scoring issues with what he has.

That`s what continually gets to me. Is there any sign this new fangled formation is working?

How long do you wait as a coach until it does?

The time is now to have a major re- think. Get two up, put Suso back out wide where he should be with Driver on the other side.

Get a competitor in the middle beside one of our better ball players and let Wallace and Thomson run all day up and down the wings supporting the wide men.

Just get the feckin team motivated to go out and compete and stop filling their heads with tactical pi sh.

We can have all the conjecture we want, but the bottom line is that one man is responsible for the shambles that is HMFC right now and that is VR. Anyone still denying this should return to the village that is missing an idiot!

Sorry but they already have you. I have seen worse player pools play better than we are currently watching. We were up the creek pre Vlad, are still up the creek financially but still paying more money relative to other clubs than in most of the last 40 years. AS I asked in another thread would we be as crap under Levein, Jeffreys or even Jordan. This coach is failing to get the best out of our players now and if things do not improve he will have earned himself the sack.

I guess it's accepted that 5 were CL's and one was a gift. I'm sure there is an inner circle that do know. Who are you suggesting should take responsibility for the performances? My mate?[/quote

You stated your mate told you that only ONE player was VR's signing but he didn't know which one, Right? To say 5 were CL's and one a gift how can it not be known which one it was? Something must be obvious in training. Yes, If your mate is a coach for the team then he must bear some of the blame, because the team are not playing well. NOW IF, they are playing well during training how does that not transfere onto the pitch? If they are not doing well in training then your mate is doing something wrong.

I am NOT saying your mate takes the whole blame, but if he is involved in the training then he must see where we are going wrong. He may not be able to change things, but surely he talks to CL and points out who is playing well in training and who is not. Those who are involved in training must have some input no matter how small.

We can have all the conjecture we want, but the bottom line is that one man is responsible for the shambles that is HMFC right now and that is VR. Anyone still denying this should return to the village that is missing an idiot!

Anyone who thinks VR is the whole problem should return to the village. VR has not put money in ( who can blame him in these finacial times) but there are other problems in the team. Most moan Vr is never around but still blame him for every little thing that goes wrong. No matter how much I hate VR, I can see the other side of the coin.

Without him buying the team we were finished! Yes, I know it's an old line but still true never the less. VR has many faults but can't be blamed for everything!

If only those who constantly moan about VR came up with a solution it would be so much better. Who can take his place? Even if a white knight was found would VR sell? Who knows?

VR owns the club like it or lump it, because it aint changing anytime soon!

Vlad has signed them all.It doesn't matter if it was on Csabas recomendation or not Vlad still has the final say.

VR owns the club like it or lump it, because it aint changing anytime soon!

Very true. Sadly more and more people are going to do the latter which is of course going to lead to further altogether different problems. Having said that it will be interesting to see if camp Lithuania are bothered or not come next summer when less people are prepared to swallow the gullible bones we are generally thrown around that time.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This will be totally ignored because it doesn't fit in with the agenda of some folk.

Thanks for the info, you have even provided a source.

This will be totally ignored because it doesn't fit in with the agenda of some folk.

Thanks for the info, you have even provided a source.

Not least by poster No 38 I'd suspect.

Archived