You Tube Video - A word about the soldiers

portobellojambo1

portobellojambo1

A lot of the stuff on you tube ain't worth looking at, this video, in my opinion, most certainly is -

I've followed Pat Condell for a long time.

He's a real polemic who attacks extremists of all religions in no uncertain terms.

Kind of like a British Geert Wilders (without the hypocracy of prefering one religion over the other).

A lot of the stuff on you tube ain't worth looking at, this video, in my opinion, most certainly is -

Awful video.

Miller Jambo 60
Awful video.

OH dear, truth hurts mate.

And how was it awful.

Great video and well said, thing is we have free speech in Britain.

Thanks to our great army.

Doug.

He took the words right out my mouth.

Well said that man.:2thumbsup:

OH dear, truth hurts mate.

And how was it awful.

Great video and well said, thing is we have free speech in Britain.

Thanks to our great army.

Doug.

would that be the freedom of speech that the guy in the video would take away from the people protesting the soldiers?

Miller Jambo 60
would that be the freedom of speech that the guy in the video would take away from the people protesting the soldiers?

And my answer to that leftie rubbish you just printed.

Anyone in Britain who slags our soldiers are discarded from free speech.

OK.

And my answer to that leftie rubbish you just printed.

Anyone in Britain who slags our soldiers are discarded from free speech.

OK.

its liberal, not leftist.

"free speech for all!! except for the stuff i dont like."

You dont have to like it - and neither do I - but what the soldiers are fighting for means nothing if you yourself wont stand for it. By denying your enemy that which you claim to be worth the lives of soldiers you become a hypocrite.

Explain.

A sanctimonious p***k doing nothing more than stating the obvious on an emotive subject but added with a lecturing tone and his staged transparent 'anger' to gain more youtube hits so that his ego and inflated sense of self importance can be massaged further.

He's so 'angry' that he is smirking the whole way through the video. Needs a slap.

Hope this clears things up.

its liberal, not leftist.

"free speech for all!! except for the stuff i dont like."

You dont have to like it - and neither do I - but what the soldiers are fighting for means nothing if you yourself wont stand for it. By denying your enemy that which you claim to be worth the lives of soldiers you become a hypocrite.

At which point in the video did he say they didn't have the right to protest?

All he said was that in his opinion, the message they were espousing was so at odds with the vast majority of British people, that they should consider their position as UK residents.

He didn't deny them their freedom of speech, he just countered it with some of his own. That's how free speech works.

A sanctimonious p***k doing nothing more than stating the obvious on an emotive subject but added with a lecturing tone and his staged transparent 'anger' to gain more youtube hits so that his ego and inflated sense of self importance can be massaged further.

He's so 'angry' that he is smirking the whole way through the video. Needs a slap.

Hope this clears things up.

So you agree with him then?

Good. That does clear things up.

:10900:

At which point in the video did he say they didn't have the right to protest?

All he said was that in his opinion, the message they were espousing was so at odds with the vast majority of British people, that they should consider their position as UK residents.

He didn't deny them their freedom of speech, he just countered it with some of his own. That's how free speech works.

When he said 'if you don't like it, you can get out.' Come on, they can hardly protest if they're not in the country. It doesnt matter if the vast majority of people dislike it, whilst it remains peaceful they are/were within their rights.

It's like the flag burning debate in america. Reactionary morons would get annoyed when people would burn their flag thinking that doing so would destroy the rights it represents, but the flag represents the freedom to burn the flag. As such, the soldiers faught and continue to fight for the rights to free speech. It doesnt have to be popular to be permissable, but this man, whoever he is, is merely playing on emotion - jabbing an open wound - making blindingly obvious points which lead to an illogical conclusion.

So you agree with him then?

Good. That does clear things up.

:10900:

Do i agree people shouldnt try and attack soldiers in the street? Tough one.

Once again, for the record, Awful video.

Yawn. And his point was? Apart from his vanity , obviously.

Edit : Narcissus , move over. You've got some competition.

chester copperpot

:laugh:

I swear that's what Jambopompey will look like in 20 years or so.

Agree with the words too.

rudi must stay
Awful video.

didn't like it either. It's just a rant really, he doesn't really make any points and attacks people who chances are won't even watch it.

When he said 'if you don't like it, you can get out.' Come on, they can hardly protest if they're not in the country. It doesnt matter if the vast majority of people dislike it, whilst it remains peaceful they are/were within their rights.

It's like the flag burning debate in america. Reactionary morons would get annoyed when people would burn their flag thinking that doing so would destroy the rights it represents, but the flag represents the freedom to burn the flag. As such, the soldiers faught and continue to fight for the rights to free speech. It doesnt have to be popular to be permissable, but this man, whoever he is, is merely playing on emotion - jabbing an open wound - making blindingly obvious points which lead to an illogical conclusion.

The good news is, it's not just Anglo-Saxons who are speaking out:

Thankfully there are some wonderful people who have retained their muslim faith whilst embracing the core values of our country and they are reacting in by protesting against those who seek to instill a warped extremist version of their faith onto the British population as a whole.

I admire their unmeasurable courage.

The only difference between them and Pat Condell (apart from their religious identity and ethnic origin) is their decision to take a more humerous approach rather than fighting fire with fire.

There is room for all strategies when fighting extremists and I for one am grateful to anyone who stands up and speaks out for my freedom, whether they be moderate muslims or strident, sarcastic, ale drinking, grumpy old atheists.

The good news is, it's not just Anglo-Saxons who are speaking out:

Thankfully there are some wonderful people who have retained their muslim faith whilst embracing the core values of our country and they are reacting in by protesting against those who seek to instill a warped extremist version of their faith onto the British population as a whole.

I admire their unmeasurable courage.

The only difference between them and Pat Condell (apart from their religious identity and ethnic origin) is their decision to take a more humerous approach rather than fighting fire with fire.

There is room for all strategies when fighting extremists and I for one am grateful to anyone who stands up and speaks out for my freedom, whether they be moderate muslims or strident, sarcastic, ale drinking, grumpy old atheists.

Just wiki'd this Pat guy. Brought up a Catholic, now a raging atheist. Nothing worse than 'born again's' - always preaching.

Anyway, good to see he picks on muslims more than any other religion, he clearly has sordid nightmares of priests from his youth so needs to shout at a few muslims through his little videocam.

The man is a jabroni and someone needs to lay the smackdown on his candy ass.

ssss.jpg

*Note, this is my overall conclusion after viewing a few more of his masterpieces*

Just wiki'd this Pat guy. Brought up a Catholic, now a raging atheist. Nothing worse than 'born again's' - always preaching.

Anyway, good to see he picks on muslims more than any other religion, he clearly has sordid nightmares of priests from his youth so needs to shout at a few muslims through his little videocam.

That is just not true.

Look at his youtube channel. It's utterly full of condemnation of Christianity.

That is just not true.

Look at his youtube channel. It's utterly full of condemnation of Christianity.

I believe you, but this born again atheist should stop trying to lecture his beliefs down a cam.

If i was a muslim and this old fart was telling me - if you dont believe in what i believe then get out my country - then i would slap him in the face with a condom to remind him of why his catholic priest used to say condoms were evil.

I believe you, but this born again atheist should stop trying to lecture his beliefs down a cam.

If i was a muslim and this old fart was telling me - if you dont believe in what i believe then get out my country - then i would slap him in the face with a condom to remind him of why his catholic priest used to say condoms were evil.

That isnt what he says.

He says "If you don't believe in my right to believe what I want, then get out of this country because your views are at odds with 99.9% of the population".

Massive and fundamental difference.

Miller Jambo 60

I like that Scott, slap him with a condom:smiley2:

Doug.

Archived