Anvil: The story of Anvil - unmissable film

wibble

If you have any kind of love for music and passionate rockers you simply have to see this film, it has been mentioned before in ovie threads, but this deserves it's own thread.

This movie is the real life Wrestler. It is also Wayne's World and it has a bit of Kramer vs Kramer. Love, hate, delusion, passion, deep sadness and tear inducing moments of joy. I laughed, I cried, I hurled.

If you haven't seen this yet, make sure you do.

You don't have to be into Metal in any way to really love this film.

I've known the guy responsible for this for years. Talented man and it's a terrific film.

On a similar note, have you ever seen Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster"? Pricelessly funny. Spinal Tap on steroids and ten times better 'cos it's real! Their shrink is worth the rental price alone.

Victor Mancini
I've known the guy responsible for this for years. Talented man and it's a terrific film.

On a similar note, have you ever seen Metallica's "Some Kind of Monster"? Pricelessly funny. Spinal Tap on steroids and ten times better 'cos it's real! Their shrink is worth the rental price alone.

seen this film(anvil) and really enjoyed it,

can you clear up wether sacha gervaisi(spelling?) was actually an anvil fan?

i know there is the snap at the end of him with the band in the 80's but wasn't sure if that was wind up?

used to be a big metallica fan until the black album and a few people have told me how funny "SKOM" is i'll need to check it out

i know there is the snap at the end of him with the band in the 80's but wasn't sure if that was wind up?

used to be a big metallica fan until the black album and a few people have told me how funny "SKOM" is i'll need to check it out

"skom" is well worth watching.

the album st. anger that came after it is sh*te.

Victor Mancini
"skom" is well worth watching.

the album st. anger that came after it is sh*te.

enjoyed the 1st 2 songs on st anger the rest was bollocks, heard a bit off death magnetic and must say it was better than anything else they done in the 90's-00's

i was the same-they started to become dull live around then too.

there is some good stuff on "death magnetic" but i havent played it too often.

just finished watching the anvil movie-great stuff.

definately some real life spinal tap moments there. loved it when lips told rob that should play a gig and told him it was packed but there were only about 4 people in!

The story goes that Sacha hooked up with the band in London back in the 80's and showed them around. He allegedly then roadied for them for a bit, but that seems unlikely.

In a radio interview I heard he said that he was driving home one day and he had remembered this mental band called Anvil. He got home and googled them only to realise that they were still performing and had never stopped.

He emailed Lips and after talking to him decided that he had to meet him again. After meeting him in Canada he knew he had to do a doco, so flew back to London and got the money together to follow them for a year.

The magic of the movie is that you really see that these two 50 yr olds haven't really changed in any way shape or form since they were 15. They still harbour exactly the same dreams and still pursue them.

Not wishing to spill the beans on the male race, but the truth is that deep inside each of us lies the 15 yr old. Every time we kick a ball in a park or sing a karaoke song or take off our shirt at the beach we are secretly hoping that some talent scout or Hollywood director is going to run up and offer to put our outrageous talent on a higher stage. People who failed at being popular or talented at 15 usually become "mature adults" whose sole purpose is to beat the fun out of everyone else's lives.

When you see Lips working in the catering company he looks like an old man, when you see him on stage he looks like a 25 yr old. His naieve view on life and his choices is very refreshing.

The story goes that Sacha hooked up with the band in London back in the 80's and showed them around. He allegedly then roadied for them for a bit, but that seems unlikely.

In a radio interview I heard he said that he was driving home one day and he had remembered this mental band called Anvil. He got home and googled them only to realise that they were still performing and had never stopped.

He emailed Lips and after talking to him decided that he had to meet him again. After meeting him in Canada he knew he had to do a doco, so flew back to London and got the money together to follow them for a year.

The magic of the movie is that you really see that these two 50 yr olds haven't really changed in any way shape or form since they were 15. They still harbour exactly the same dreams and still pursue them.

Not wishing to spill the beans on the male race, but the truth is that deep inside each of us lies the 15 yr old. Every time we kick a ball in a park or sing a karaoke song or take off our shirt at the beach we are secretly hoping that some talent scout or Hollywood director is going to run up and offer to put our outrageous talent on a higher stage. People who failed at being popular or talented at 15 usually become "mature adults" whose sole purpose is to beat the fun out of everyone else's lives.

When you see Lips working in the catering company he looks like an old man, when you see him on stage he looks like a 25 yr old. His naieve view on life and his choices is very refreshing.

Anvil are supporting Saxon at the Picture House on Friday 6th November.

Victor Mancini
Shame you'd have to see Saxon. :10900:

did you see the bbc2 documentry following saxon? similar to anvil's though shorter with more tantrums from there singer.......

Archived