Too many passengers

ibpc

According to Michael Stewart's interview in the Scotsman today we have too many passengers.

Takes one to know one?

unfair.

his commitment to the team can't be doubted and the only problem is that he sometimes tries to do too much when things aren't going well.

According to Michael Stewart's interview in the Scotsman today we have too many passengers.

Takes one to know one?

YAWN!:qqb017:

mahgrassyshoes

Silly post. I know a lot of people feel the same way but it's stupid. Michael Stewart is one of the best footballing brains we've got in that squad. He gets absolutely chastised for every pass that goes amiss, but if 5 minutes later the fans new darling makes the same mistake they turn a blind eye. And before anyone complains that he's been doing for years, the reason we see so many mistakes from Mikey is because he sees far more of the ball that anyone else. He's the only player that comes short and takes the ball from the defence and he's the only player that is happy to hold onto the ball. Thats half the reason he gets himself into some of the corners he does, he picks up the ball short and no one else wants to take it from him. He very rarely has an option that isn't go long. Mikey is not in the same league as some of the passengers we've got.

Silly post. I know a lot of people feel the same way but it's stupid. Michael Stewart is one of the best footballing brains we've got in that squad. He gets absolutely chastised for every pass that goes amiss, but if 5 minutes later the fans new darling makes the same mistake they turn a blind eye. And before anyone complains that he's been doing for years, the reason we see so many mistakes from Mikey is because he sees far more of the ball that anyone else. He's the only player that comes short and takes the ball from the defence and he's the only player that is happy to hold onto the ball. Thats half the reason he gets himself into some of the corners he does, he picks up the ball short and no one else wants to take it from him. He very rarely has an option that isn't go long. Mikey is not in the same league as some of the passengers we've got.

Some contradiction surely?

Michael Stewart is one of the best footballing brains we've got in that squad.

Thats half the reason he gets himself into some of the corners he does,

If he was that good, then he would have moved the ball on before he gets caught out. He tries his stupid turn on the ball and it's so old no-one is fooled THAT is why he gets caught out IMHO.

This season in particular ( since he was made Captain in fact) He shouts and waves his arms around, and swans about the centre cricle too much! I know there are many on here who think he's good but there are just as many think he's not. It's all about opinions! However I think Csaba's biggest mistake was he made Stewart the captain. Personally think a couple of games on the bench wouldn't do him any harm.

Knowledgeable

Some contradiction surely?

Michael Stewart is one of the best footballing brains we've got in that squad.

Thats half the reason he gets himself into some of the corners he does,

If he was that good, then he would have moved the ball on before he gets caught out. He tries his stupid turn on the ball and it's so old no-one is fooled THAT is why he gets caught out IMHO.

This season in particular ( since he was made Captain in fact) He shouts and waves his arms around, and swans about the centre cricle too much! I know there are many on here who think he's good but there are just as many think he's not. It's all about opinions! However I think Csaba's biggest mistake was he made Stewart the captain. Personally think a couple of games on the bench wouldn't do him any harm.

the opposite of knowledge.

Sorry, I know you've not been aggressive here, but mahgrassyshoes hasn't contradicted himself in the slightest. Mikey 9/10 wants and tries to do the right thing. 6/10 that option isn't there when it should be. Noone seems to realise that MS stays in the team because he does the job Csaba asks him to. What we need are players around him looking to do the same.

I quite like Pala, but I'll bet he ain't easy to play in midfield with as he very rarely gives an out-ball.

Mikey's also the type of player that likes to drive forward, but he can't do that as there are no areas centrally being opened up for him to drive into and noone giving a viable option for the 1-2. That's part of the current tactics in a way though and it's not his job to do that, so that's why he doesn't i guess.

He ain't perfect and I'm only pointing out his good side here, but the stick he gets is unbelievable.

I remember Gary MacKay getting stick in a Hearts jersey. It was a similar situation: a player who never hid from the ball appearing to the unwashed masses to be wasteful when really it was his team-mates not doing their job around him

Teuchterjambo
What is worse - a passenger or someone who is sub-standard?

I would have thought the worst case would be a sub-standard passenger - I give you David Oboua !

unfair.

his commitment to the team can't be doubted and the only problem is that he sometimes tries to do too much when things aren't going well.

we can all look busy and have a sense of urgency when we are a goal behind. I wish we didn't have to wait until losing the first goal that's all.

I remember Gary MacKay getting stick in a Hearts jersey. It was a similar situation: a player who never hid from the ball appearing to the unwashed masses to be wasteful when really it was his team-mates not doing their job around him

You mean......Hearts fans?

Thunderstruck

Was the interview in connection with the Poppy Strip? The photo in the paper I saw had a Poppy on his home top.

If so, should the media hacks have emphasised that more than a few throw away lines about something that is hardly a secret.

Notorious BIG

I wish people wud stop putting this, the guys got every right to put his post up!!

Drylaw Hearts

Just read the article from MS.

He has a damn cheek criticising other Hearts players as he is one of the worst offenders.

Someone needs to have a word in his ear and bring him down to earth a wee bit.

They could maybe also tell him to stop taking quick free-kicks as more often than not he gives possession away.

There have been about three games this season where Stewart has been our biggest passenger.

HMFC have played more than 3 games......

rudi must stay
unfair.

course not. His ability can though, he doesn't score enough goals and rarely finds a man with a pass. It's time for him to improve on his own game instead of criticising those around him IMO

Guest jambomickey

Takes one to know one?

whether michael stewart is a good player is up for debate but his commitment certainly isn't imo.

Takes one to know one?

Shock,Hearts captain has a go at the team,good bye Mr Stewart,next captain please.

winston churchill
Apart from Obua, Stewart is the biggest passenger we have! (ok maybe Nade and Witeveen too)

i'd say.

number 15

suso

big bad bouzid

the balogh

rudi must stay
Probably referring to these chaps:

Rub%C3%A9n%20Palazuelos_633576903118906250.jpg

0,,10289~3763173,00.jpg

0,,10289~6561903,00.jpg

if he is then he shouldn't be. You can't fault any of the three for their effort IMO

Daydream Believer

I've got no problems with Stewart's level of commitment. In fact I think that's the reason that he gets frustrated and dives in/starts moaning.

It makes him a player I'd like to have in the team but not a player I'd like as captain. Sometimes when players aren't performing they need a foot up the ar$e and sometimes they need some encouragement. A good leader knows which is needed at what time.

Archived