Unirea Urziceni - A few facts that further humiliate Rangers

Martin_T

A few facts about Unirea Urziceni that further illustrate how big a humiliation that was for the huns last night:

• They only reached the Romanian top flight for the first time in 2006
  • Stadium Capacity is 7,000
  • Entry to their last home game was free, yet still only attracted 600 spectators
  • Urziceni - population: 17,089 (as of 2002)

....we'll ignore the fact they are being bankrolled by a rich sponsor.

jamboinglasgow
A few facts about Unirea Urziceni that further illustrate how big a humiliation that was for the huns last night:

• Entry to their last home game was free, yet still only attracted 600 spectators

They are estenally the Romanian Hoffenheim.

Their left back looks the business too! :2thumbsup:

Rangers had a big shock at the responce after going 1 up. Nothing less than they deserved. Made me very happy. :stuart:

Here's another fact

Outwith their left back, they were distinctly average and struggled to string 3 passes together.

didn't they want to sign someone from morton or similar in the summer?

and the guys manager said no you cant go even though he would be playing champions league footy

didn't they want to sign someone from morton or similar in the summer?

and the guys manager said no you cant go even though he would be playing champions league footy

Aye, Jim McAlister not sure if the 2nd bit's true though. Think he turned them down himself and went on trial at Watford instead.

Aye, Jim McAlister not sure if the 2nd bit's true though. Think he turned them down himself and went on trial at Watford instead.

hust had a quick look, it looks like he (the player) rejected it.

:QUOTE=jamboinglasgow;1293495]They are estenally the Romanian Hoffenheim.

I'm sure i heard on the radio that their most expensive signing ever was ?350Thousand.

:smiley2:

Thunderstruck

Sadly, their being turned over by a "wee team" doesn't carry the same sense of shock it might have had when Berwick had their famous win. Such defeats are becoming more commonplace for both sides of OF. Artmedia, Kaunas, etc, etc. The more often it happens the less special it becomes.

Francis Albert
Sadly, their being turned over by a "wee team" doesn't carry the same sense of shock it might have had when Berwick had their famous win. Such defeats are becoming more commonplace for both sides of OF. Artmedia, Kaunas, etc, etc. The more often it happens the less special it becomes.

Oh I don't know. Could never tire of it myself!

Guest Bilel Mohsni
Oh I don't know. Could never tire of it myself!

Me either...

Celtic v Raith.

Hibs v Dnipro.

Rangers v Kaunas.

Celtic v Artmedia.

Celtic v Clyde.

Celtic v Caley.

Rangers v Unirea Urziceni.

Celtic v Caley II.

Hibs v Livingston.

These games gave me joy... Not as much as our victories but they put a smole on my face!!

Miller Jambo 60
Yeh they basically got beat by the preston athletic of Romania

Delighted to see the glory hunters get some cummepance

It was the loyal Rangers fans being interviewed after the game, with Smith must go.

Doug.

Delighted to see the glory hunters get some cummepance

That's a brilliant typo, by the way! Starts to sound like something else entirely.

rudi must stay

you'd be daft to. They're a team on a high at the moment and Rangers are a team going downhill fast. That played a part in it, not sure we should be celebrating the result either tbh it's another complete embarrassment for our game.

Francis Albert
[/b]

you'd be daft to. They're a team on a high at the moment and Rangers are a team going downhill fast. That played a part in it, not sure we should be celebrating the result either tbh it's another complete embarrassment for our game.

We will no doubt lose the distinction sometime but the fact is we have never lost to a "diddy" team in Europe, so I don't see why in the meantime we shouldn't enjoy the repeated embarrassments for others. As for the Scottish game, failure of the OF in Europe stops it becoming even more umbalanced than it is, and is good for the health of the Scottish game IMO.

Archived