Any plumbers here

Serj Tankian

need a small job done the cistern washer (i think) needs replaced as there is a small persistent leak into the bowl .I am down at Willowbrae just past Jocks Lodge.

PM if interested.

I'm not a plumber but have just spent half the night trying to unscrew the plastic float valve inlet inside the systern that i fitted last night from the copper pipe water supply underneath the systern as there was a small drip which I was going to seal.

But now I'm very frustrated as when I'm unscrewing it the copper pipes underneath just turn as well so its not unscrewing and no matter what i do to try and make the copper pipes not move they do....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAArgh, anyone any ideas or if your a plumber pm me !!!

Sorry opening poster for jumping on your bandwagon !!!

I'm in Longstone by the way.

need a small job done the cistern washer (i think) needs replaced as there is a small persistent leak into the bowl .I am down at Willowbrae just past Jocks Lodge.

PM if interested.

I'm no plumber, but is it not your cistern overfilling, which is causing the overflow into the bowl? (the outside of the cistern will have quite a bit of condensation if this is the case)

If so, just adjust the cistern ball valve a touch to lower the water level in the cistern.

PM if interested.

Your ballvalve is passing, 5 minute job for a plumber but it's too far to come for me I'm afraid as I'm mobbed just now.

FAO Frodoker

Try and get grips on the underside to hold against yourself.

Or just use mastik, it cures all leaking evils :10900:

Don't listen to this man, he doesn't talk sense :smiley2:

• 4 weeks later...
Your ballvalve is passing, 5 minute job for a plumber but it's too far to come for me I'm afraid as I'm mobbed just now.

FAO Frodoker

Try and get grips on the underside to hold against yourself.

a rival here ....heating engineer!

Probably done and dusted now but it could be the float needing adjusted(or it could be fecked). Could it be the float maybe isn`t shutting the off the internal valve as opposed to the external balofix , when the cistern is re-filling?

It sounds like a close couple pan and cistern whch sends any overflow into the pan.

ps... forget it, i take it when you said ballvalve you meant the shut off inside the cistern?

a rival here ....heating engineer!

Probably done and dusted now but it could be the float needing adjusted(or it could be fecked). Could it be the float maybe isn`t shutting the off the internal valve as opposed to the external balofix , when the cistern is re-filling?

It sounds like a close couple pan and cistern whch sends any overflow into the pan.

ps... forget it, i take it when you said ballvalve you meant the shut off inside the cistern?

:2thumbsup:

Archived