looking for some info re league

JAMBO.LOU

Can anyone tell me where in the league hearts were at this time last season?

I keep hearing/reading that hearts are not contenders for a 3rd place finish this season and was just wondering ho much better off we were last season at this point.

would really appreciate a look at the whole league this time last year, thanks

I keep hearing/reading that hearts are not contenders for a 3rd place finish this season and was just wondering ho much better off we were last season at this point.

12 points from first 8 games.

After the first 11 games we were sat 8th with 14 points, very similar to where we'll be this season at the 11 game stage.

I wouldn't get worried till the 22 game mark. If we're still not totally adrift by then, we still have every chance.

Look at Man U for example, terrible at the start of the season compared to after Xmas.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The biggest difference is that the Hobos are having a decent start to the season and this is causing some people to view our slowish start in a much worse light...

I wouldn't get worried till the 22 game mark. If we're still not totally adrift by then, we still have every chance.

Look at Man U for example, terrible at the start of the season compared to after Xmas.

Hahahahahahaha

Quote of the day.

:2thumbsup: Quality post!!

You as well?

Why is the comparison so amusing?

You're comparing Heart of Midlothian... Nade, Witeveen, Suso, Bouzid (The Club I love) to Man United, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney,Vidic, Van der Sar , You're comparing The EPL, Probably the best league in the World, to the SPL, Definately the Worst league in the World...Surely you can see the Funny side of that!! :stuart:

You're comparing Heart of Midlothian... Nade, Witeveen, Suso, Bouzid (The Club I love) to Man United, Giggs, Berbatov, Rooney,Vidic, Van der Sar , You're comparing The EPL, Probably the best league in the World, to the SPL, Definately the Worst league in the World...Surely you can see the Funny side of that!! :stuart:

No, I was comparing a team who are notoriously slow starters and come in very strong at the end to our season, last season. Where, we started poorly and finished comfortably 3rd in the end.

I didn't mention what leagues the teams competed in or their players.

I thought that would have been simple enough to grasp considering the topic of the thread.

I would have used a team more on our scale but it was a quick post.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

No he isn't... It is all relative... We are not as good as Man UTD just as our opponents are not as good as their's.

12 points from first 8 games.

After the first 11 games we were sat 8th with 14 points, very similar to where we'll be this season at the 11 game stage.

Can you PM me the winning lottery numbers for the next three weeks as well please? :smoking:

Here's the table after 8 games last year.

Looking at that, we had 13 points after 9 games.

This season we could (touchwood if we beat Falkirk) have 11 points after 9 games. So very close.

We came onto some form in the 2nd round of fixtures last season IIRC. Long way to go folks.

We are a good team. We're not as good as last year with the defence being the biggest cause for concern, but then again our defence was hardly sturdy in the opening round of fixtures last year either.

It's safe to say we just aren't getting some of the breaks we did last year. Have a look at some of the points we've thrown away.

1 point against Rangers

2 points against St. Johnstone

1 point against Celtic

at least 1 point against St. Mirren

At the very least we should have an extra 5 points which would have us only 3 behind Hibs.

The Old Tolbooth
We are a good team. We're not as good as last year with the defence being the biggest cause for concern, but then again our defence was hardly sturdy in the opening round of fixtures last year either.

It's safe to say we just aren't getting some of the breaks we did last year. Have a look at some of the points we've thrown away.

1 point against Rangers

2 points against St. Johnstone

1 point against Celtic

at least 1 point against St. Mirren

At the very least we should have an extra 5 points which would have us only 3 behind Hibs.

Your right to suggest we've been unfortunate to drop points and find ourselves in the position were in, but to suggest we're a good team? :rofl:

Archived