Darren Bent v's Emile Heskey

Tazio

I really don't understand why Fabio Capello is so keen for Heskey to be his "big strong frontman" for the England team when Bent is the obvious choice for that role. More pace, awareness and goals than Heskey.

Dont think Bent can be bashed by defenders for 90+mins if its required of him.

Thats the main reason imo.

Its all about the roon and heskeys good for him. bent should be there tho to come off bench. jeez england are class!

He's done alright since then though you have to admit.

8 league goals? Think so. :stuart:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

In the past 5 years, Rooney is the only English striker to score more than Bent in the Premiership.

HOWEVER, Heskey adds something completely different to the team. Bent doesn't add much more apart from goals (as weird as that sounds).

I'd take the Villa striker over the both of them. A mixture of Bent & Heskey.

5 strikes rooney defoe aggy crouch bent get heskey to feck infact but jeez could add owen beattie heskey wallcot too!

HomerJaySimpson

i'd rather call up the "goalscoring beachball" than Heskey.... Heskey is one of these annoying strikers who don't score goals!!!! what's the point???? still, if it weakens england - i'm all for it!:smiley2:

I think Bent is the most complete striker England have. He's strong, fast and can create his own chances. Also he's clearly the most clinical in front of goal.

I mentioned Bent in another thread and someone suggested he's a character England didn't need in the dressing room.

I'm unsure as to what's wrong with his personality when you have folk like Ashley Cole kicking around.

Millfield_Mackem
I think Bent is the most complete striker England have. He's strong, fast and can create his own chances. Also he's clearly the most clinical in front of goal.

I mentioned Bent in another thread and someone suggested he's a character England didn't need in the dressing room.

I'm unsure as to what's wrong with his personality when you have folk like Ashley Cole kicking around.

Someone who has knowledge of footall whatsoever, then. Bent is one of the most honest, down to earth footballers about. Aye, lets have a Diouf esque character in the team to disrupt everything. Whoever mentioned that is quite clearly an idiot.

Millfield_Mackem
In the past 5 years, Rooney is the only English striker to score more than Bent in the Premiership.

HOWEVER, Heskey adds something completely different to the team. Bent doesn't add much more apart from goals (as weird as that sounds).

I'd take the Villa striker over the both of them. A mixture of Bent & Heskey.

Havn't watched Sunderland this season then?

Someone who has knowledge of footall whatsoever, then. Bent is one of the most honest, down to earth footballers about. Aye, lets have a Diouf esque character in the team to disrupt everything. Whoever mentioned that is quite clearly an idiot.

Capello doesnt stand for nonsense. Bent is immature and egotistical and that is one reason why he wont get picked. His goalscoring record for you has been good but someone who shoots children with pellet guns and shouts his mouth off in the press about his employers is not mature or professional.

Archived