Part Time Job

The Rev

I know this is a bit of a long shot but I'll try anyway.

Does anyone know of people or companies looking to take on part time staff?

I'm just looking for something worthwhile doing to spend my spare time and earn an extra bit of cash.

Dunno if it's up your street, but Next are looking for folk over Christmas, check there website then careers @ next. I've applied, worked there before but it can be hard work. But its triple time or something like that the Christmas week. I worked 16 hours that week a few years ago an came out with about ?250 just for that week. + its weekly pay unless its changed

Dunno if it's up your street, but Next are looking for folk over Christmas, check there website then careers @ next. I've applied, worked there before but it can be hard work. But its triple time or something like that the Christmas week. I worked 16 hours that week a few years ago an came out with about ?250 just for that week. + its weekly pay unless its changed

Yup done that 2 year ago. Wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was money anyway.

Lasith, put up an advert on gumtree! ("I need a job") I did this about 3 weeks ago and I got contacted asking to do delivery driver job. Replied, accepted and here I am now earning a nice wage on top of my uni work :10900:

Already tried there bud, got back to me saying my application was unsuccessful.

Also tried Boots, M&S, Morrisons, WH Smith, McDonalds, B&Q, Blockbuster and Tesco.

Knocked back by them all.

It's really frustrating.

Yup done that 2 year ago. Wasn't really my cup of tea, but it was money anyway.

Lasith, put up an advert on gumtree! ("I need a job") I did this about 3 weeks ago and I got contacted asking to do delivery driver job. Replied, accepted and here I am now earning a nice wage on top of my uni work :10900:

Cheers bud, I'll give that a shout.

Don't think I'll be a driver though as I'm only 16:laugh:

What about the post office? dunno if there looking yet, but usually needing some extra staff around Christmas

Cheers bud, I'll give that a shout.

Don't think I'll be a driver though as I'm only 16:laugh:

You been 21years mate might have been able to help you out

but again don't drive - get that licence - get in touch :2thumbsup:

well done for coming on here and asking for help - excellent -hope someone

on J K B can assist you

i split from the ex ...the one at blackhall is worth a shot.

Where about in Blackhall does your EX stay????:smiley2:

Only joking!:th_o:

I know this is a bit of a long shot but I'll try anyway.

Does anyone know of people or companies looking to take on part time staff?

I'm just looking for something worthwhile doing to spend my spare time and earn an extra bit of cash.

Royal Mail are recruiting for xmas, dont know how much you'd want a job there/here but they are advertising for xmas staff now though!:smiley2:

Already tried there bud, got back to me saying my application was unsuccessful.

Also tried Boots, M&S, Morrisons, WH Smith, McDonalds, B&Q, Blockbuster and Tesco.

Knocked back by them all.

It's really frustrating.

GAME at the Gyle are recruiting for Christmas staff. You might get kept on after that. Only problem is you might have to be 18, worth phoning them up and asking though.

From the shops you've tried it sounds like you're quite near the Gyle? Go to the helpdesk in the middle and ask them for a list of vacancies. :2thumbsup:

GAME at the Gyle are recruiting for Christmas staff. You might get kept on after that. Only problem is you might have to be 18, worth phoning them up and asking though.

From the shops you've tried it sounds like you're quite near the Gyle? Go to the helpdesk in the middle and ask them for a list of vacancies. :2thumbsup:

I'm on the complete other side of town, but travelling is not a problem.

I'll get in touch with them.

Thanks for all your help.

• 2 months later...

Still looking if anyone knows of anything that has come up.

Got rejected from McDonalds after having an interview.

Well feck me, i presume their were a few poeple after the 1 job.

Good luck with the job search anyway.

Well feck me, i presume their were a few poeple after the 1 job.

Good luck with the job search anyway.

13 people I was led to believe.

Still, it isn't exactly good for confidence is it?

try burger king.

or cold chippy taster.

Another thing could be to try to distribute flyers for nightclubs etc., though you might need to be 18.

Or distributing the free papers - Metro, Daily Record (if they still do that).

Ask in Potterrow (Edinburgh University Students' Association) - even if you're not a university student, no harm in asking.

Also, fire your CV into every hotel in Edinburgh.

Looking for a job is like long-ball football. The longer your balls...

(i.e., you need to apply to hundreds of places and accept many rejections)

Another thing could be to try to distribute flyers for nightclubs etc., though you might need to be 18.

Ask in Potterrow (Edinburgh University Students' Association) - even if you're not a university student, no harm in asking.

Most distribution positions I've enquired about have said 18+ unfortunately.

I'll give that a try aswell.

Again, thanks for all your help.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I do know the evening news are looking are looking for people....

Generic Username

I'm pretty sure, if the bible is to be believed, that's one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Best thing that could have came from that imo. I knew somebody who worked in McDonalds and he said he would rather chop off his balls that work der again.

Best thing that could have came from that imo. I knew somebody who worked in McDonalds and he said he would rather chop off his balls that work der again.

Did he say what the problem was?

I've got a few mates at a few different branches and they say that they're quite enjoying it.

Did he say what the problem was?

I've got a few mates at a few different branches and they say that they're quite enjoying it.

Just hated going, hated everything about it although he had other stuff going on at the time which might not have helped either.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

used to work at TK Maxx and they take on xmas temps, was an absolute nightmare mind you, got 2 offical warnings for bein rude to customers, good craic though, i was 16 at the time too.

Have you registered with any Recruitment Agencies Lasith? I heard Virgin Media at South Gyle are taking on long term temps for telephone/admin work. If my memory serves me correct it will be Hayes that are recruiting. Should be a quite decent hourly rate aswell. If you haven't already registered with recruitment agencies I suggest you do, most of them are really willing to help.

Archived