Zaliukas "doubtful" for codheads match

Victorian

according to the evening vermin. can't seem to get a link to work but you know where to find the story. looks like he might be oot for a few weeks maybe.

people were worried about the amount of time he would be out suspended. it turns out he's not getting the chance to get himself suspended.

big blow this because he's clearly a better option that bouzid.

With that cheating Hibs bast*rd being the referee for Saturday's game, it's probably a good thing he's injured.

With that cheating Hibs bast*rd being the referee for Saturday's game, it's probably a good thing he's injured.

Hearing that Dougie McHobo is in charge, this maybe isnt such a bad thing.

Yep, playing Aberdeen in Aberdeen with Dougie McDonald as referee guaranteed a Zali sending off, this might work in his/our favour

what is there to suggest that whoever plays instead of zaliukas wont be screwed over by the cheating hobo welt.... or indeed by an honest scottish headbutt feigner like lee miller for instance?

Guest JamboRobbo

Gives Bouzid and Jose another game to work on their partnership. I think they have the makings of a good duo in there.

It's likely to be a firey match and with Zal's lack of discipline, he's a risk we don't need anyway.

Probably a good thing all round IMO.

the current incumbents should continue, tho' its good to have a bit of pressure on them to succeed with Zal waiting in the wings.

mind u, you could see Zal coming into MF; not as daft as it sounds given the experiments this season.

a 4-5-1 formation since we have nae strikers to talk of.

balogh

thomson-bouzid-jose-.303

Driver-Stewart-Palace Sway Loss(or Zal)-ObooYa-Suso

Glen :10900:

Gives Bouzid and Jose another game to work on their partnership. I think they have the makings of a good duo in there.

It's likely to be a firey match and with Zal's lack of discipline, he's a risk we don't need anyway.

here was me thinking he was being given a clean slate to go with his new responsibilities. the benefit of the doubt until such time as he ****s up again?

don't tell me you're renaging on that. poor discipline if you ask me. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
here was me thinking he was being given a clean slate to go with his new responsibilities. the benefit of the doubt until such time as he ****s up again?

don't tell me you're renaging on that. poor discipline if you ask me. :)

If you want to pretend what happened in the past didn't happen, that is your perogative.

For me, his discipline will be a liability till he proves otherwise, therefore I'm happy to see Bouzid and Jose get another game to cement their partnership at the back. :smiley2:

Charlie-Brown

What part of the goals against column are people unconcerned about? I'd certainly think that Balogh & Bouzid have cost us a number of goals between them so far this season.

Guest JamboRobbo
so far this season Zal's discipline has been very good..........................:2thumbsup:

Indeed. Not easy to get booked or sent off from the stand mind you. :10900:

If you want to pretend what happened in the past didn't happen, that is your perogative.

For me, his discipline will be a liability till he proves otherwise, therefore I'm happy to see Bouzid and Jose get another game to cement their partnership at the back. :smiley2:

ok super.

he needs to prove his discipline has improved rather than be given a second chance. and what better way to do that than to leave him out the team.

heads i win, tails you lose zali.

Indeed. Not easy to get booked or sent off from the stand mind you. :10900:

he's just not really trying is he?

:10900:

and there's no place in a hearts team for non triers, e.g. kingston (and Zal)

Guest JamboRobbo
ok super.

he needs to prove his discipline has improved rather than be given a second chance. and what better way to do that than to leave him out the team.

heads i win, tails you lose zali.

Well, ideal scenario would be Jose and Bouzid establish themselves in the centre of defence, and if one of them is injured, Zal can come in and get a chance to show whether or not he's sorted out his discipline problems.

As for "wiping the slate clean", is it just Zal who you want to wipe the slate clean for, or does that apply to all players? e.g. do we forget that Nade has hardly scored in a year, and just play him and hope that he'll start to score each week? do we forget that thomson has played well every week since he came in, and just put Johnson back in at RB now that he's returned from injury?

For me, what players do when given chances in the team should dictate what chances palyesr get in the future. Striker failing to score. replace him. Right back playing well - keep him in. Centre half getting sent off too much - replace him, (or at least give others a run to see if they can do better).

Well, ideal scenario would be Jose and Bouzid establish themselves in the centre of defence, and if one of them is injured, Zal can come in and get a chance to show whether or not he's sorted out his discipline problems.

As for "wiping the slate clean", is it just Zal who you want to wipe the slate clean for, or does that apply to all players? e.g. do we forget that Nade has hardly scored in a year, and just play him and hope that he'll start to score each week? do we forget that thomson has played well every week since he came in, and just put Johnson back in at RB now that he's returned from injury?

For me, what players do when given chances in the team should dictate what chances palyesr get in the future. Striker failing to score. replace him. Right back playing well - keep him in. Centre half getting sent off too much - replace him, (or at least give others a run to see if they can do better).

all very sensible however zaliukas is clearly a better defender than bouzid. at the end of the day that's what's going to reduce the goals conceded.

yes i think he should be given a 'clean slate' to accompany the fact that he's been handed responsibilty. if he fails again then it will also be clear that he is beyond help and then you look towards ditching him.

he's injured just now but when he's back fit i see it as a must for him to be reinstated ahead of bouzid.

given thomson's situation, as long as he continues his current form he will stay in the team.

some people seem to think that eggert will automatically walk back into the team.

i doubt it and given his "versatility" he may well be used in other areas.

nade's situ is slightly different in that we haven't found anyone to take over his position............except, whisper it, ..................elliot!

none of our strikers in the 1st team squad are on form or have shown any sort inclination to hit form and, without inside knowledge, i've no idea whether any of our U-19 strikers could bridge the gap and do what's required, namely score goals.

we need to buy a striker in january, but if we don't, we shouldn't expect to finish 3rd or for that matter in the top 6.

and thats Vlad's fault totally and utterly; he gets what he pays for, or not as the case maybe. :2thumbsup:

Guest JamboRobbo
all very sensible however zaliukas is clearly a better defender than bouzid.

In your opinion. After 8 games. Hardly conclusive proof.

at the end of the day that's what's going to reduce the goals conceded.

yes i think he should be given a 'clean slate' to accompany the fact that he's been handed responsibilty. if he fails again then it will also be clear that he is beyond help and then you look towards ditching him.

he's injured just now but when he's back fit i see it as a must for him to be reinstated ahead of bouzid.

I think this "handed responsibility" thing is a load of bs. Should we "hand responsibility" for goals to Nade, give him a clean slate, and stick him up front for a season to see how he gets on? Of course not.

Guest JamboRobbo
given thomson's situation, as long as he continues his current form he will stay in the team.

some people seem to think that eggert will automatically walk back into the team.

i doubt it and given his "versatility" he may well be used in other areas.

nade's situ is slightly different in that we haven't found anyone to take over his position............except, whisper it, ..................elliot!

none of our strikers in the 1st team squad are on form or have shown any sort inclination to hit form and, without inside knowledge, i've no idea whether any of our U-19 strikers could bridge the gap and do what's required, namely score goals.

we need to buy a striker in january, but if we don't, we shouldn't expect to finish 3rd or for that matter in the top 6.

and thats Vlad's fault totally and utterly; he gets what he pays for, or not as the case maybe. :2thumbsup:

agree re elliot. For all the stick he's had, he's better than any other option we have right now.

In your opinion. After 8 games. Hardly conclusive proof.

I think this "handed responsibility" thing is a load of bs. Should we "hand responsibility" for goals to Nade, give him a clean slate, and stick him up front for a season to see how he gets on? Of course not.

you seem to be determined to drag other issues into it to muddy the waters.

the responsibilty handed to zaliukas is tangible... he's been made vice-captain. what does handing 'responsibilty' to nade for scoring goals actually mean? it means nothing.

it's open to debate of course whether or not zaliukas is better than bouzid. any person is perfectly entitled to believe not without having having to hide behind the issue of zaliukas being too hot-headed or not.

the bottom line is that he can't prove he's learned to behave if he's not playing. the manager clearly thinks he's the first choice pick and i happen to agree with him.

Guest JamboRobbo
you seem to be determined to drag other issues into it to muddy the waters.

Nope. I just think all players should be given the same chances, not special treatment (wipe the slate clean) for one player.

the responsibilty handed to zaliukas is tangible... he's been made vice-captain. what does handing 'responsibilty' to nade for scoring goals actually mean? it means nothing.

What does being made vice captain actually mean? It means nothing.

it's open to debate of course whether or not zaliukas is better than bouzid. any person is perfectly entitled to believe not without having having to hide behind the issue of zaliukas being too hot-headed or not.

Really? So we're not "Zal haters" anymore?

the bottom line is that he can't prove he's learned to behave if he's not playing. the manager clearly thinks he's the first choice pick and i happen to agree with him.

The manager said just the other week he has 3 centre halfs to pick from.

Nope. I just think all players should be given the same chances, not special treatment (wipe the slate clean) for one player.

What does being made vice captain actually mean? It means nothing.

Really? So we're not "Zal haters" anymore?

The manager said just the other week he has 3 centre halfs to pick from.

i can see one's hatred of zaliukas still stings one's ass sufficiently enough not to forgive, forget and move on. the position seems entrenched.

time is a great healer though.

Guest JamboRobbo
i can see one's hatred of zaliukas still stings one's ass sufficiently enough not to forgive, forget and move on. the position seems entrenched.

time is a great healer though.

Ah, so we are Zal haters again. Hard to keep up with your changes of wind ups.

I think we have the worst group of first team squad centre halves at Hearts for at least 25 years.

Of the group I would play Zaliukas and Goncalves as the first choice pair.

For me, Bouzid looks more comfortable at right-back. I'd give Kucharski a start, he's not even had a fair chance to prove himself. I hope he's not going to be yet another player who gets the usual unfair treatment at the club!

Ah, so we are Zal haters again. Hard to keep up with your changes of wind ups.

only you can know if you're a zal-hater.

Bad news for us however, I think Bouzid is a good defender, just needs time to settle and stop giving away so many needless fouls.

I think any of our top 5 defenders could fit into the starting line up out of: Thomson, Zaliukas, Goncalves, Wallace and Bouzid. They all need to perform well in order to keep their places.

I'm a Zal fan. I just dont think that Saturday's fixture would have a happy ending if he was involved.

Both the coddies and liability with the whislte know which buttons to press with Zal.

I wouldn't like to see his "new slate" blemished for the sake of they tolleys.

winston churchill
I think we have the worst group of first team squad centre halves at Hearts for at least 25 years.

Of the group I would play Zaliukas and Goncalves as the first choice pair.

i think it's the first time i've ever agreed with you.

in fact.

i'd go as far as saying we have the poorest collection of centre halves in the league.

For me, Bouzid looks more comfortable at right-back. I'd give Kucharski a start, he's not even had a fair chance to prove himself. I hope he's not going to be yet another player who gets the usual unfair treatment at the club!

I see another Karipidis case here. He'll sit on the bench for the best part of 2 seasons, then come in when someone gets injured and be our best player for a year and a half before leaving on freedom of contract. I've only seen him once and he looked twice the defender Bouzid was.

i think it's the first time i've ever agreed with you.

in fact.

i'd go as far as saying we have the poorest collection of centre halves in the league.

Absolute nonsense.....again. Goncalves and Zaliukas are a solid pairing. I would say only the Old Firm and Dundee United have better options.

winston churchill
Absolute nonsense.....again. Goncalves and Zaliukas are a solid pairing. I would say only the Old Firm and Dundee United have better options.

goncalves was found out in germany and emptied.

some posters are blind as to how rank zal the hothead is.if he's not being sent off he's selling goals.

he cost us points last season fecking about at the back instead of clearing his lines.

some posters are blind as to how rank zal the hothead is.if he's not being sent off he's selling goals.

he cost us points last season fecking about at the back instead of clearing his lines.

How many points did we lose last season that were all Zaliukas' fault?

If you'd be so kind to supply exact examples please.

HillmanHearts

Some folk just can't judge talent. Don't feel bad there are quite a few out there.

IMO for what it's worth is that Zal can be the best CH in the SPL if we can smooth away the rough edges.

Archived