New Chevy Camaro

Hugh Phamism

Hugh Phamism

Just back from a business trip to California, and since our company has a global contract with Avis rental cars we always get a decent upgrade. I usually ask for a Mustang, but this trip the guy tells me that he has a new Camaro for me.

I wasn't a fan of the old Camaro so imagine my surprise when I got this baby...........SS model with 6.2L V8, Semi auto box with flappy paddles.

PA030464_thumb.jpg

PA030465_thumb.jpg

It must be a brand new model 'cos all my colleagues in the US office came out to have a look and wanted to drive it. Even on Monday when I was heading back to San Fran airport, I was getting thumbs up from young and old drivers who came alongside me in traffic.

A guy in a Mustang at the petrol station even mouthed 'nice wheels'. Mind you, that's the downside. Only 220 miles on a full tank at 16 mpg.

:2thumbsup:

The Comedian

A guy in a Mustang at the petrol station even mouthed 'nice wheels'. Mind you, that's the downside. Only 220 miles on a full tank at 16 mpg.

:2thumbsup:

Don't they have very cheap fuel over there? MPG usually isn't a issue over there no?

Hugh Phamism

Now ~$3.50 per gallon (US gallon is only 3.5L, ours is 4.3L), so about $55 per tank or ?35 for 220 miles........

Still not bad for a 430BHP motor!!

:smiley2:

Archived